S4GRU post merger

schmidtj

I sure hope that, should a merger happen, this board continues to flourish.

Is that possible?

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/German-News-Outlet-Says-TMobile-Finalizing-Sprint-Merger-Plan-139802

The original article referenced by DSLR seems to be in German.

J

• Like 1

As long as the time and money from all the people who contribute to keep S4GRU going keeps happening, we will be here. I never imagined we would be here after 5 years. Who knows what the next 5 years will bring?

I'm in. How about the rest of you?

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 17

I bet it'd be good for coverage and service, very bad for pricing and customer support. Unless a fourth major carrier comes into play again, I feel like overall a merger would be bad for consumers.

Would t4gru.com redirect here? :D

I guess it depends on what the newly merged company will be called (if the merge goes through). DT could dissolve Sprint and make it all T-Mobile, or Softbank would go ballistic and buy out T-Mobile USA and dissolve it or they could both come to some quasi merge and keep both companies under one umbrella much like what Sprint does with Virgin and Boost. Until that time, I would assume Robert would take the necessary measures in regard to both sites.

TS

I'm curious what the new name of the site would be if T-Mobile took over Sprint. TmoNews is already taken, obviously. My suggestion if the site wants to be a T-Mobile site as its been a Sprint site over the years, tmoforum.com shows as being available currently in the domain name search website I checked. That probably would get a strong following.

Although, I've mentioned on S4GRU many times that I think this site would make a great competitor to HowardForums, but on a more intelligent wireless network-focused format, not so much a general consumer one. For instance cellsiteforum.com is available, though I'm not sure if thats the best name. Some of the better ideas I thought of are already taken.

Nothing against this site's name, but wouldn't it be conflicting after a merger if the new company is called T-Mobile?

Any more than "CTIA - The Wireless Association" or "NTCA - The Rural Broadband Association"?

- Trip

• Like 2

Any more than "CTIA - The Wireless Association" or "NTCA - The Rural Broadband Association"?

- Trip

Aren't those official titles though representing organizations they serve with those purposes? I could see their being a non-direct relating name to a particular purpose in an official organizational capacity, and there certainly are plenty of those. However, I think, and again nothing I have against the S4GRU name itself for what its served over the years, but if T-Mobile were to take over Sprint, there would be a couple of issues with the name remaining on the basis of the merger going that route.

One obviously would be there isn't anymore Sprint. As far as I know, no one on the staff here have "Sprint" in their name, which is the only understanding factor I have for HowardForums, I name I generally detest for its lack of connection to wireless, all except for its connection to the owner.

The other being the 4G part, considering the move to 5G. Between those two reasons, it might not help to bring new members here when the merger happens, if Sprint loses its name. I'm thinking of how more members would be inclined to discover this site if it matched the T-Mobile name at that point, or even became something named after a more generalized wireless network-relating name. Just a thought.

Nothing against this site's name, but wouldn't it be conflicting after a merger if the new company is called T-Mobile?

How about we cross that bridge when we come to it. All these reports should be taken with a grain of salt until its officially announced by Sprint/Softbank or T-Mobile/DT.

• Like 5