SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Mike, I just noticed on my S22 Ultra when connected to Verizon n261 SCP is reporting it as n257. I don't see mmwave very often and I didn't notice it at the time I was connected to it. Not sure if it matters but I'm on Visible. 

On 6/6/2024 at 4:01 PM, mdob07 said:

Mike, I just noticed on my S22 Ultra when connected to Verizon n261 SCP is reporting it as n257. I don't see mmwave very often and I didn't notice it at the time I was connected to it. Not sure if it matters but I'm on Visible. 

If you didn't already, please send a diagnostic report next time you see that and I'll take a look! I don't have a mmWave device so I'm very reliant on user reports to make adjustments. Thanks!

5 hours ago, mikejeep said:

If you didn't already, please send a diagnostic report next time you see that and I'll take a look! I don't have a mmWave device so I'm very reliant on user reports to make adjustments. Thanks!

I sent one earlier today. Let me know if you don't see it, I can always go back to that area and get another one. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

I sent one earlier today. Let me know if you don't see it, I can always go back to that area and get another one. 

Got it! Your S22 was natively reporting it as n257, I'll have to work on building yet another workaround.. Android claims the bug was fixed but it clearly isn't. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

New SCP beta rolling out now, all changes are to improve compatibility with Android 15. Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of the Android bugs that impact the app have been resolved in the new version. 😔

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...

Another SCP beta is rolling out now, with some bugfixes as usual but also some fun new options to test:

• Non-standalone 5G-NR cells can now display Site Notes. This feature works in the same manner as how neighbor cell notes are displayed, requiring a PCI and your device's location. This option is enabled by default. As is the case with neighbor cell notes, you cannot edit NSA site notes directly unless there is an NCI being reported (which I have never seen); it uses the previously recorded standalone log entries. Like neighbor notes, if a cell has been previously logged but there is no note, you will see the distance information only.

• Logging cells that are not reporting a valid PLMN is now possible. This option is disabled by default, but if you enable it along with two other options (log sites with missing GCI/NCI and to log sites with missing TAC), you should begin logging most NSA 5G-NR cells. A PCI is needed at a minimum, which is not always reported depending on your device and network factors. ("Sites" will be renamed to "cells" on the Preferences menu in the next update.)

• Users can enable an option to display LTE cells above 5G-NR cells in the app if they choose to do so. This option is disabled by default. Should help improve the readability of your screen if you have NSA 5G-NR cells constantly appearing/disappearing.

Please give these options a try and let me know if you notice any issues.. thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

Another SCP beta update is rolling out now, mostly includes bugfixes for some of the new features introduced in last week's release.

Mike, I meant to post the other day but I've been getting this when I try to upload on either of my phones since the previous update. 

eRqNfZ4l.jpg

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

Mike, I meant to post the other day but I've been getting this when I try to upload on either of my phones since the previous update. 

eRqNfZ4l.jpg

Can you take a few of those files that were exported and send them to me? Or try re-uploading after updating to the new release that I pushed out tonight, there are some upload tweaks.

46 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Can you take a few of those files that were exported and send them to me? Or try re-uploading after updating to the new release that I pushed out tonight, there are some upload tweaks.

I had the latest update when I tried that upload, though most of the points had been collected in the previous version. After that last time it failed I was waiting to upload until the next update. I meant to post about it the other night but I got distracted. Remind me where those files are that it exported? I looked in my SCP folder but all I see are DB backups and log exports. 

Also, I had been seeing this on just my Visible phone, cellmapper showed data correctly at the same time so it seemed to be an SCP issue that started with the update before the one tonight. This seems to be fixed in the newest update, just wanted to say something since I sent a diagnostic report when it was doing it the other night. I've never seen this on my AT&T phone though so not sure why it only affected my visible phone.  

ay3JXFKl.jpg

2 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Remind me where those files are that it exported? I looked in my SCP folder but all I see are DB backups and log exports.

Hmm.. yeah I'd love to take a look at them to see what is going on. They should be in the same folder, but this is the next big issue I need to tackle as Android file access has gotten very complicated and inconsistent. If you don't see them there, try to access the /Android/data/com.blueline.signalcheck folder, they will be in there. I am working on improving this.

OK, something broke on/around 7/26. I noticed while on a trip recently that I was getting an error about skipping a cluster due to errors. Checked the folder for the exported data and there are 460 web_fatal files in there. None of the CSV files look weird. Let me know if you want me to upload them to my Google Drive for you to parse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

OK, something broke on/around 7/26. I noticed while on a trip recently that I was getting an error about skipping a cluster due to errors. Checked the folder for the exported data and there are 460 web_fatal files in there. None of the CSV files look weird. Let me know if you want me to upload them to my Google Drive for you to parse. 

Are all of those files from 7/26 onward? I would definitely like to look at them, and I can probably get the data points uploaded.. You can DM me a Drive link if that's easiest for you. Are you on the latest beta? The previous app update had potential upload issues if you were logging NSA 5G cells, but that should be resolved in the current release.

2 hours ago, mikejeep said:

Are all of those files from 7/26 onward? I would definitely like to look at them, and I can probably get the data points uploaded.. You can DM me a Drive link if that's easiest for you. Are you on the latest beta? The previous app update had potential upload issues if you were logging NSA 5G cells, but that should be resolved in the current release.

Sorry, yes that is 460 files between 7/26-7/29. I can confirm I am on the most up-to-date beta which I received on 7/22. Also, I am not sure if it uploaded the points or not but it doesn't show any retained points in the app. I'll PM you the drive link shortly when they files finish uploading. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

I can manually import files for you all until the app issue is resolved—if you’d like that, shoot me a DM. 

I uploaded those and haven't heard any other reports of issues.. are you still having trouble with the app?

10 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I am still unable to upload my logs from the last few days. I will grab some more tomorrow and see if I can upload those. 

I have two S-22 phones and two Moto 2023 5g phones.  Uploaded all 4 of them several times this past week while on a vacation trip.  Everything looks normal to me.

• Thanks 1

A new SCP beta release is rolling out now that includes numerous bug fixes. Web uploads that behaved strangely (such as many small files uploaded instead of a few larger files, or in rare instances, upload failures) should be fixed with this update, it was related to NSA 5G-NR cell logging. Some minor upload validation warnings will no longer be displayed in the upload notification, so that serious errors are not pushed off the top.

Please continue to test out the uploads and the LTE/NR display swap option and share any issues you come across. Thanks!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Continuing to experience the same issue. Cannot upload any web data on any of my devices (Samsung or Motorola). Just sent two more diagnostics. 

Thanks for the diagnostics.. your Motorola is still on the previous app version, and I'll send you a DM with the server response from your Samsung.

I noticed that there is a beta version of this app and signed up here at ask if web uploading is limited to the beta? Someone on the /r/CellMapper sub reddit posted about the map and I'd like to make contributions.