All of Washington IBEZ?

red_dog007

So I have been in Washington and I haven't seen any B26.  I thought that it was just a 100mile exclusion zone with Canada, and could get a little closer if just using 1x800.

I've been 5 minutes from the Oregon border and no B26.  I went into a local town in Oregon for gas, (bit cheaper) and the Oregon tower has B26 on it. 

Run into a little bit of 1x800 closer to the border, but in places like Yakima and Wenatchee never ran into 1x800.  Even Wenatchee is just outside the 100 mile range.

So I have been in Washington and I haven't seen any B26.  I thought t   SNIPPED

If Band 25 (1900) as working for you with a decent signal, you would not be likely to see Band 26 if it was there.

If Band 25 (1900) as working for you with a decent signal, you would not be likely to see Band 26 if it was there.

I've driven over 500miles in central and southeast WA with SPC logging and not a single B26 was logged.  With how the region is islands of LTE, and even hit some roaming there is plenty of times where I should have got B26 on the edge as well as in some of the cities where I drop to 3G going into stores.

Didn't hit B26 until I went to get gas is Oregon even though I got B41 and B26 on the same strip of road I traveled to get gas.  Only went into Oregon a few miles.

So I have been in Washington and I haven't seen any B26.  I thought that it was just a 100mile exclusion zone with Canada, and could get a little closer if just using 1x800.

I've been 5 minutes from the Oregon border and no B26.  I went into a local town in Oregon for gas, (bit cheaper) and the Oregon tower has B26 on it. 

Run into a little bit of 1x800 closer to the border, but in places like Yakima and Wenatchee never ran into 1x800.  Even Wenatchee is just outside the 100 mile range.

There's more than just the IBEZ affecting Sprint's ability to deploy 1x/LTE in the SMR band in Washington.

Washington has 800Mhz Rebanding problem. Public Safety 800 rebanding is way to slow in WA.   WADOT and Department of Correction are the offending agencies.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/partners/region43/Default.htm

There next meeting just couple days away.

• Meeting date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016
  • Meeting time: 10 a.m. or Immediately following the 700 MHz RPC meeting.
  • Meeting location: Sparling. Directions are available here.

<p>

Washington has 800Mhz Rebanding problem. Public Safety 800 rebanding is way to slow in WA. WADOT and Department of Correction are the offending agencies.

Wait Washington public safety still has to reband? I thought we were just waiting for Canada now!

Wait Washington public safety still has to reband? I thought we were just waiting for Canada now!

I think rebanding is the issue. Canada is almost cleared. 1X 800 is showing up in Seattle.

On the Interactive Map in this forum.

We've addressed this before. Two of those are core sites, not actually cell sites, rather data centers. The other two are errors either in our data base, or Sprint's. They are not actually 800 capable, as they were installed with PCS only equipment. They have been green pins for quite some time, and are not new.

I think rebanding is the issue. Canada is almost cleared. 1X 800 is showing up in Seattle.

I can personally verify that there is no 1x800 or B26 in Seattle. Telus's MIKE iDen network will shut down on January 29, clearing Canada's side of the border. I thought that Washington state was done rebanding but it looks like there's going to be more waiting for B26 and 1x800 here :'(

I can personally verify that there is no 1x800 or B26 in Seattle. Telus's MIKE iDen network will shut down on January 29, clearing Canada's side of the border. I thought that Washington state was done rebanding but it looks like there's going to be more waiting for B26 and 1x800 here :'(

Its ok join the party.  LA/OC/San Diego/Vegas etc have been waiting an eternity for 1x800 and B26 LTE.

• Like 1

Its ok join the party.  LA/OC/San Diego/Vegas etc have been waiting an eternity for 1x800 and B26 LTE.

A-HEM, the rest of us in the primary Canadian IBEZ zone are in the same shape. ;) 1x800 has pushed northward to about 65 miles from the border here in OH, but B26 still is about 100 miles away and nothing 800 MHz is in our Primary IBEZ areas. I haven't looked at the 800ta.org quarterly report in quite some time, and don't follow it as much now that Ohio is rebranded. Washington was super lagging according to the reports up to this past summer, but hopefully that has changed.

Just B26 LTE. We already have 1x800 here.

Lucky you.  I would love to have at least 1x800 deployed but unfortunately a lot of eastern/southern LA/OC sites don't have 800 MHz RRUs already on the tower.

• 4 months later...

Washington has 800Mhz Rebanding problem. Public Safety 800 rebanding is way to slow in WA.   WADOT and Department of Correction are the offending agencies.

Don't hold your breathe --

Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band Request for Waiver by the State of Washington - EDOCS
May 13, 2016 - ORDER

Granted the request of State of Washington for an extension until December 31, 2016 to complete the rebanding of its 800 MHz system

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2016/db0513/DA-16-537A1.pdf

Feds should compensate with another 5x5 block license of some of that 600MHz. I don't think the G block was enough. :-D

No no no no no no no just give Sprint some apology tax write offs! Last thing they need is more boutique frequency and expensive equipment to buy to use it

I wonder since it is Sprint they are taking their time and in no hurry. I have a feeling if it was any of the other carriers it would be done already.

You realize it's not Sprint who's holding up, right?