Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

This is the reason I prefer GSM based carriers. No BS and run arounds when using unbranded phones. Hopefully when CDMA is gone and it's only LTE all carriers will be that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't forget that there's sometimes a price to pay for being an early adopter. The difference a week makes is sometimes the difference between complete frustration and an easy transition.

In keeping up with this thread I'm almost glad (not quite...) that mine hasn't yet arrived. That week might just make my life much easier.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is the reason I prefer GSM based carriers. No BS and run arounds when using unbranded phones. Hopefully when CDMA is gone and it's only LTE all carriers will be that way.

Yeah, that "GSM based" unlocked handset situation is so great in these days of dozens of LTE bands.

Maybe somebody buys an older T-Mobile handset that does not support band 2 and/or band 12 LTE.  So, that person complains online about how bad T-Mobile is -- because he does not get LTE where the coverage map indicates.

Or repeat the scenario with a T-Mobile user who ports to AT&T, handset intact.  He may lack band 2 and/or band 5 LTE but definitely lacks band 29 and band 30 LTE.  So, he complains online about how slow AT&T LTE is.

Are those great situations?  Or just "BS and run arounds"?

In this complicated mobile environment, most people are ignorant.  For the greater good, we would be better off with no unlocked handsets, no SIM cards, and only operator specific handsets.

AJ

• Like 3

Yeah, that "GSM based" unlocked handset situation is so great in these days of dozens of LTE bands.

Maybe somebody buys an older T-Mobile handset that does not support band 2 and/or band 12 LTE. So, that person complains online about how bad T-Mobile is -- because he does not get LTE where the coverage map indicates.

Or repeat the scenario with a T-Mobile user who ports to AT&T, handset intact. He may lack band 2 and/or band 5 LTE but definitely lacks band 29 and band 30 LTE. So, he complains online about how slow AT&T LTE is.

Are those great situations? Or just "BS and run arounds"?

In this complicated mobile environment, most people are ignorant. For the greater good, we would be better off with no unlocked handsets, no SIM cards, and only operator specific handsets.

AJ

Agree that when a phone don't have all the LTE bands it's gonna be a cluster. But now technology has caught up and we can have all the band's why can't phone manufacturers just make them all that way and it just works with every carrier? Buy the phone and pick the carrier.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Agree that when a phone don't have all the LTE bands it's gonna be a cluster. But now technology has caught up and we can have all the band's why can't phone manufacturers just make them all that way and it just works with every carrier? Buy the phone and pick the carrier.

Can we have "all the LTE bands"?  The only handset that even comes close is the yet to be released iPhone 6S -- and even it is not perfect in supporting all airlinks and bands.  Not to mention, Apple develops and releases just one or two excessively priced handsets only once per year.  That is an anomalous situation.

AJ

Wow, a lot has happened since Saturday morning.  I worked with Exec support via Twitter most of Saturday, into the evening.  About 9pm, they finally figured out that the recommended SIM is SKU CZ4114LWC, unfortunately, I was engrossed in the MSU-Oregon game so I didn't see the message until about 10p.  I worked with them again Sunday morning and they are shipping the SIM to me.  UPS has already scheduled the delivery for tomorrow.

I'm loving the device via Wifi, i think I'll love it even more as a phone.

Sucks what has been discovered regarding the engineering screens.  What was done to get that resolved on the Moto X 2013?

Wow, a lot has happened since Saturday morning. I worked with Exec support via Twitter most of Saturday, into the evening. About 9pm, they finally figured out that the recommended SIM is SKU CZ4114LWC, unfortunately, I was engrossed in the MSU-Oregon game so I didn't see the message until about 10p. I worked with them again Sunday morning and they are shipping the SIM to me. UPS has already scheduled the delivery for tomorrow.

I'm loving the device via Wifi, i think I'll love it even more as a phone.

Sucks what has been discovered regarding the engineering screens. What was done to get that resolved on the Moto X 2013?

Interesting. A couple pages back someone posted that the correct Sim is CZ2114LWC. Now its CZ4114LWC? All that changes is one digit from 2 to 4 :facepalm:

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Interesting. A couple pages back someone posted that the correct Sim is CZ2114LWC. Now its CZ4114LWC? All that changes is one digit from 2 to 4 :facepalm:

I noticed that as well, I will be very interested to see what happens tomorrow.  Unfortuantely, I will be in town for work, then have a crazy busy evening with the family.  I won't get to test it until after all the kids stuff is done and they are in bed.

I noticed that as well, I will be very interested to see what happens tomorrow. Unfortuantely, I will be in town for work, then have a crazy busy evening with the family. I won't get to test it until after all the kids stuff is done and they are in bed.

Do i have to give them either of those numbers when ordering over the phone?

This is the correct SIM that will work on the Moto X Pure

SIMGLW446C
SKU: CZ2144LWC
UPC: 019962040146

This is the correct SIM that will work on the Moto X Pure

SIMGLW446C

SKU: CZ2144LWC

UPC: 019962040146

Refer back to http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7063-moto-x-2015-pure-edition/?p=443321

You have that sim and it's working in your MXPE on Sprint?

Just ordered a Nano sim card from Sprint. Only thing they asked me what Device, how many gigs was the device and that's it. No mention of a Sku #. Took all but 12 minutes because i had to get transfered to order support.

You have that sim and it's working in your MXPE on Sprint?

Yup, was able to pick one up at a corporate store. The SIM is recognized by my Moto X Pure, but not yet activate as Im waiting for Sprint to enter my IMEI to their database.

Just ordered a Nano sim card from Sprint. Only thing they asked me what Device, how many gigs was the device and that's it. No mention of a Sku #. Took all but 12 minutes because i had to get transfered to order support.

Verify that they are sending the correct SIM with the info users have provided. Sprint sent me an incorrect SIM already and another one that is on the way but still incorrect.

Yup, was able to pick one up at a corporate store. The SIM is recognized by my Moto X Pure, but not yet activate as Im waiting for Sprint to enter my IMEI to their database.

Thanks. I need to stop and get one this week. Want the right one in hand when my phone arrives.

Verify that they are sending the correct SIM with the info users have provided. Sprint sent me an incorrect SIM already and another one that is on the way but still incorrect.

How do i verify that? How do i make them send me the 'correct' one?

How do i verify that? How do i make them send me the 'correct' one?

Did the rep provide you with a confirmation number? If yes, go to sprint.com/myorder and enter your confirmation # it should start with DM14- 

Order information will populate, check the SKU that appears and compare with the info in this thread. If it matches to the correct SIM info we provided then you are good to go. 

How long have you been waiting for your IMEI to be whitelisted?

Did the rep provide you with a confirmation number? If yes, go to sprint.com/myorder and enter your confirmation # it should start with DM14-

Order information will populate, check the SKU that appears and compare with the info in this thread. If it matches to the correct SIM info we provided then you are good to go.

This is all it shows:

a35e3d5f0193d0aac56098eb48775a97.jpg

Sucks what has been discovered regarding the engineering screens.  What was done to get that resolved on the Moto X 2013?

As far as I know, nothing was done.  These are not the kind of bugs that get fixed.

AJ

How do i request this exact one?

The same way you requested the first one, let them know if you can cancel the current order and request the  new SIM that david279 provided on the screenshot 

• Like 1