Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview Thread (was "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge pre-order page up.")

twospirits

Does anyone know if the S6 will have just one model with all bands or will each carrier have their own variant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the S6 will have just one model with all bands or will each carrier have their own variant?

Different models for each carrier, both S6 and S6 Edge.

Different models for each carrier, both S6 and S6 Edge.

Ok thanks. I wondered if it was going to be like the iPhone release where sprint had their own due to the extra band and the other 3 had the same model.

4/10. I'm almost wanting to see what the G4 has in stock but the S6 is very, very tempting.

Cool. If the battery and RF capabilities aren't terrible, the s6 will probably be in my hands. Need some folks here to put it through the gambit for a week or so first.

4/10. I'm almost wanting to see what the G4 has in stock but the S6 is very, very tempting.

I'm waiting for the G4 announcement and also see if how the S6 sport pans out. Then I'll make a decision.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

I'm waiting for the G4 announcement and also see if how the S6 sport pans out. Then I'll make a decision.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

If the G4 had the battery anywhere close to the G2, then I'll definitely grab it.  The LG announcements are usually around May aren't they?

I hope Samsung will use less signal bars or change their algorithm on sprint variants. I hate seeing the teeny tiny bar with - 100 dbm and pulling 40mb/s. That should be full bars to me.

4/10.  I'm almost wanting to see what the G4 has in stock but the S6 is very, very tempting.

Hell, I already have a spigen case for the s6 edge sitting on my desk.  I am getting it no matter what, I just hope the radio performance turns out to be decent in real world use.

• Like 1

I hope Samsung will use less signal bars or change their algorithm on sprint variants. I hate seeing the teeny tiny bar with - 100 dbm and pulling 40mb/s. That should be full bars to me.

I think Sprint would rather under promise than over promise. For example, you'd see people complaining about being connected to a site with 5 bars that's congested and generalize Sprint for being slow. Instead, now people see 1 bar and is typically impressed with the speeds or don't expect it to be fast. I do agree though, I prefer it to be more than 1 bar in instances of -100+dBm.

Sent from my M8

• Like 1

I'm going to take a chance with Samsung but I'm going to get the regular s6. I'm really impressed with the look of it and the little changes with touchwiz. I went to sprint and they told me the regular 32gb will be around $700. I'm going to give up my regular iPhone 6 and let that chew up the majority of the cost of the phone. I've never been this excited for a phone before besides the iPhone 4s when it first came to sprint.

• Like 1

So this is an interesting offer.  

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/free-samsung-galaxy-s-6-only-from-sprint.htm?ECID=SM:TW:E:Samsung:032615

From reading it I guess it's only going to be offered for that specific plan.  But to get the phone for "free" is interesting. 

Update: Interesting.  I think this was released early.  When you type in the web address on the press release it just redirects to the pre-registration page for the S6.

I attached the image in case it disappears.

spring_pr_FREE%20FINAL.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder if we'll see a return of the Rewards lease for old timey customers like me.  I got my whole family hooked up with the $5 lease program for the S5....but I was holding out for better as I already have the S5 :) 

yearly upgrades though, this free data roaming, though......those are interesting things. 

• Like 1

Black, white and gold?  Damn, I really wanted them to have it in that emerald green or even blue.  I have a feeling the s6 will be $249.99 for the base  32gb model with the s6 edge coming in at $349.99

• Like 1

Black, white and gold?  Damn, I really wanted them to have it in that emerald green or even blue.  I have a feeling the s6 will be $249.99 for the base  32gb model with the s6 edge coming in at $349.99

I was definitely looking forward to the green one, myself.  I figured it'd be unavailable on the carriers.  :td:

Anandtech published their preview, although it sadly doesn't mention anything about the modem.

http://anandtech.com/show/9111/samsung-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-preview

looking forward to their final review, and then most importantly some user reviews from s4gru on RF performance.

I'm assuming with the first review dropping, we should see more in the next few days.

Has anyone come across the full retail price of the S6? Verizon just released their prices and the 32gb s6 is starting at $599.