Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview Thread (was "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge pre-order page up.")

twospirits

Anybody with a GS5 right now going to get a GS6?

Also, regular or Edge? I think I'd like the Edge.

I'm teetering on the fence. $400 for the 64gb edge is quite a pill to swallow though. That would be my probable configuration. However, not sure the extra hundo is worth it for the edge screen. This is my last upgrade pricing for 2 years, so I've got to be sure ☺

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Yeah, looks like I will be getting mine from best buy, just trying to decide which color to get.

Same here but why is the full retail different at best buy than sprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here but why is the full retail different at best buy than sprint?

That's because best buy make commissions on signing customers to contracts etc.....  If they sold the device at the standard retail price they make little to nothing so they add a higher price just in case someone just wants to buy it out right they can make a little profit.  That's why when there is a hot release many sprint stores would turn away customers(they would recommend they call customer service or purchase online) that would rather buy it out right and keep in store inventory for those renewing contracts or for new customers.  Sprint doesn't make much if anything at all off of the actual device, they make their money off of signing people up on contracts.

That's because best buy make commissions on signing customers to contracts etc..... If they sold the device at the standard retail price they make little to nothing so they add a higher price just in case someone just wants to buy it out right they can make a little profit. That's why when there is a hot release many sprint stores would turn away customers(they would recommend they call customer service or purchase online) that would rather buy it out right and keep in store inventory for those renewing contracts or for new customers. Sprint doesn't make much if anything at all off of the actual device, they make their money off of signing people up on contracts.

Oh ok gotcha! If in the case that I get this phone and I'm not "wow" by it which I should be. After I pay it off and have it unlocked by sprint, shouldn't this phone work on like t-mobile or whoever?

Oh ok gotcha! If in the case that I get this phone and I'm not "wow" by it which I should be. After I pay it off and have it unlocked by sprint, shouldn't this phone work on like t-mobile or whoever?

EDIT, I stand corrected below.  I misread the model information. 

The Sprint variant is supposed to support all of T-Mobile's LTE bands and all of AT&T's current LTE bands (once MFBI is fully deployed on their network, it's already available in many places). However, the Sprint variant doesn't support AT&T's upcoming band 29 LTE (though I don't think AT&T has released any phones yet which support this band) and probably doesn't support VoLTE either (at least not in the initial firmware).

So, on the face of it, this is a good unit to operate on AT&T or TMO if unlocked. That said, I don't think Sprint has clarified yet if they will domestic unlock devices that are paid in full but while the associated subscriber is still under contract or making payments or a lease for another device. Might be an issue for some people and Sprint is still not clear on this.

Yeah, looks like I will be getting mine from best buy, just trying to decide which color to get.

Just went to check white 32GB on Best Buy and it comes up at $299 instead of $199, and it is not the Edge version either.  I assume it is a typo they will fix

Just went to check white 32GB on Best Buy and it comes up at $299 instead of $199, and it is not the Edge version either.  I assume it is a typo they will fix

I may end up getting the platinum gold, white will be my second choice.

Woot~! Ordered this morning the Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB Gold Platinum from Sprint. With my upgrade, final price was $462.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I also saw a promo on sprints website lease the gs6 for $20/month, and get a $20 bill credit for $20, only if you preorder and choose lease.

Woot~! Ordered this morning the Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB Gold Platinum from Sprint. With my upgrade, final price was $462.

Why $462?  How much was your tax rate? 

Why $462? How much was your tax rate?

According to the invoice, it was $449 for the phone, $12 shipping, and $0.73 tax. They will send me $50 rebate credit card after few billing cycles.

af455a920a6f2c2f8e68045738c90b3b.jpg

Just saw it at best buy, sweet looking phones.

Do you habitually set all active display phones to S4GRU for homepage?

AJ

• Like 2

According to the invoice, it was $449 for the phone, $12 shipping, and $0.73 tax. They will send me $50 rebate credit card after few billing cycles.

Classic Sprint rebate games

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Habitually? No. [emoji6]

Well, maybe you should.

AJ

• Like 1

Any particular reason why you went with sprint versus going with bestbuy and getting the wireless charging pad for free?

Any particular reason why you went with sprint versus going with bestbuy and getting the wireless charging pad for free?

Because Best Buy didn't have the 64GB Gold Platinum for pre-order.  Only the smaller size & different color.

I still ordered the charger for free because I had gift certificates and gift cards.  :D