Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview Thread (was "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge pre-order page up.")

twospirits

Has anyone had the chance to compare rf performance yet? All the units I found only had wifi and no cellular service activated.

Don't think anyone has them yet, just preorder.

Did you guys get a ship date?

My pick up date from Best Buy is April 10. I was just hoping that someone used a demo unit which was connected to the Sprint network and compared it side by side with their current device.

Well everyone should receive the 32gb models by the 10th if not earlier. The only one that is delayed is the gold model which for right now is 64gb only,thats the one I ordered and they said two to three weeks from order date. I figure they are under promising and they may ship them sooner.

For those who are getting the 6 edge, how many of you are going to on the regular keep your phone face down on a table to see the lights on the side light up? I understand the screen is gorilla glass but it's not invincible to scratching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be ordering a clear case with a raised lip for the front & back so I can safely put the phone face-down. Without a case, I wouldn't dare do it. ????

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I preordered a 32 GB GS6 from Best Buy today because they tossed in the free wireless charger.  However, they tried to charge me $729 when sprint.com has it for $648.  They price matched it down to $648 though, so I got the best of both worlds I suppose.

• Like 2

Pretty decent drop test on to concrete.  This guy is relentless in getting it to break.  TLDW, takes about 10 drops to crack the glass, the metal edges scuff up pretty quickly as would be expected.

• Like 1

Well everyone should receive the 32gb models by the 10th if not earlier. The only one that is delayed is the gold model...

The gold one has to be delivered from Fort Knox.

Get it?  Gold.  Fort Knox.  Samsung.  Knox.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Finally got a chance to go to best buy and tinker with the s6 and the edge. The edge is beautiful and I'm nearly sold.

I do agree with the reviews that said it was nearly useless though, as there isn't much it does other than the couple minor uses for contacts and notifications. Currently it seems like it's more of just a fashion/design novelty right now.

Is it just me or does the Note Edge have more actual screen on the curved portion than the S6 Edge? Maybe it's just a play on the eyes due to the asymmetric look. However, it could use more function like the Note Edge's curve.

Has anyone seen talk of more use for the curved edges?

Finally got a chance to go to best buy and tinker with the s6 and the edge. The edge is beautiful and I'm nearly sold.

I do agree with the reviews that said it was nearly useless though, as there isn't much it does other than the couple minor uses for contacts and notifications. Currently it seems like it's more of just a fashion/design novelty right now.

Is it just me or does the Note Edge have more actual screen on the curved portion than the S6 Edge? Maybe it's just a play on the eyes due to the asymmetric look. However, it could use more function like the Note Edge's curve.

Has anyone seen talk of more use for the curved edges?

The Note Edge does have more functionality but it looks awkward & even ugly, in my personal opinion. My friend just bought one but after just one day, the novelty has already worn off on him & he doesn't like the asymmetric look that much.

To me, symmetry is important & regardless of function, I really like the S6 Edge b/c of its uniqueness and I think the device looks sexy, LOL~ Can't wait for my gold Edge~!

Sent from my SPH-L720

• Like 1

The Note Edge does have more functionality but it looks awkward & even ugly, in my personal opinion. My friend just bought one but after just one day, the novelty has already worn off on him & he doesn't like the asymmetric look that much.

To me, symmetry is important & regardless of function, I really like the S6 Edge b/c of its uniqueness and I think the device looks sexy, LOL~ Can't wait for my gold Edge~!

Sent from my SPH-L720

I fully agree, the asymmetric look would kill me.

As I said, I'm pretty much sold just on the beautiful design. I just wish there were more uses for it.

• Like 1

I fully agree, the asymmetric look would kill me.

As I said, I'm pretty much sold just on the beautiful design. I just wish there were more uses for it.

They have a SDK for the edges, so I am sure that people will make use of them in the future. Especially awesome devs like Nova Launcher.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

• Like 1

They have a SDK for the edges, so I am sure that people will make use of them in the future. Especially awesome devs like Nova Launcher.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

That's good to hear. Hadn't even thought of launcher uses.

That's good to hear. Hadn't even thought of launcher uses.

Honestly, with or without the special uses, I think it will be easier to differentiate between the slide in for the hamburger menu which most apps have now, and just a tap on the left edge of the screen for scrolling.  The rolled edge will make that swipe in feel more natural and maybe result in less accidental scrolls or menu swipe ins. 

But in reality, yeah, it's just a style and engineering marvel.  Plus it keeps the phone narrower, which would help with one handed use. 

Honestly, with or without the special uses, I think it will be easier to differentiate between the slide in for the hamburger menu which most apps have now, and just a tap on the left edge of the screen for scrolling. The rolled edge will make that swipe in feel more natural and maybe result in less accidental scrolls or menu swipe ins.

But in reality, yeah, it's just a style and engineering marvel. Plus it keeps the phone narrower, which would help with one handed use.

I did notice that it felt better in my hand for one handed use than the regular s6. That narrow edge helps the feel.

Does sprint still charge an activation fee if you buy the phone full price?

Dependa on if the rep is an asshole or not ( or understands how rms works) . In the system if you sell a phone full price and ring it out like a accessory then go back in the account to activate it then it does not. If the rep sells you the phone and activates it all at once like doing an upgrade but selects no discount then yes it will charge it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dependa on if the rep is an asshole or not ( or understands how rms works) . In the system if you sell a phone full price and ring it out like a accessory then go back in the account to activate it then it does not. If the rep sells you the phone and activates it all at once like doing an upgrade but selects no discount then yes it will charge it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

What If I go in and pretend like I'm buying it as a gift? 

How are TMobile customers getting theirs already? I thought these weren't available until the 10th?

Yeah, kinda odd.  Not sure what's up with that.

I am hoping that Sprint will start shipping, following T-Mobile's lead.