Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview Thread (was "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge pre-order page up.")

twospirits

Sprint

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that info?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I just noticed it on the sprint website when I went to preorder.

Looks like the gold version will not deliver until the end of April.

Because Best Buy didn't have the 64GB Gold Platinum for pre-order.  Only the smaller size & different color.

It takes a while for the Brinks truck to make the rounds.

AJ

It takes a while for the Brinks truck to make the rounds.

AJ

Yup, and I didn't want to wait.  :P

I chose premium overnight shipping for $12.50 from Sprint.  Hoping to get it really early like I did back with the Sprint Galaxy S4.

Trying to hold off from taking the dive early. Really wanting to see the RF results to make sure it isn't a complete dud RF wise before buying.

I'm going to have to keep from wandering into best buy or a Sprint store for a couple weeks.

• Like 2

Trying to hold off from taking the dive early. Really wanting to see the RF results to make sure it isn't a complete dud RF wise before buying.

I'm going to have to keep from wandering into best buy or a Sprint store for a couple weeks.

Tell yourself that the G4 will be announced soon and likely come out in May. Just hold out until you see what that device has in store before committing to the S6 for 2 yrs.

Sent from my M8

Tell yourself that the G4 will be announced soon and likely come out in May. Just hold out until you see what that device has in store before committing to the S6 for 2 yrs.

Sent from my M8

Never really been into LG phones, but if this one is lackluster in RF I might wait for it.

I also only have to go 1 year at a time because I can alternate line upgrades and give mine to my wife. [emoji6]

I noticed only bestbuy website lists the gold one but sprint don't list it as avail for preorder -.-

It's available only on the 64gb version of it.

Sent from my M8

I was looking forward to the G4 myself before making a decision. However, the latest rumors indicate a screen size of 5.6" - too big for single handed operation in my opinion and therefore not a device I would personally consider. Heck, at that size, I wouldn't even consider it a competitor to the M9 or S6, rather to the iPhone 6+, Note 4 or other phablets.

I was looking forward to the G4 myself before making a decision. However, the latest rumors indicate a screen size of 5.6" - too big for single handed operation in my opinion and therefore not a device I would personally consider. Heck, at that size, I wouldn't even consider it a competitor to the M9 or S6, rather to the iPhone 6+, Note 4 or other phablets.

I do agree the S6's screen size is just about perfect.  LG isn't too bad though because the bezel is smaller than the competition, and you have to account for the touchscreen buttons (which helps the bezel in this case.)  Let's see what LG does.  I don't trust leaks anymore.

The Sprint variant is supposed to support all of T-Mobile's LTE bands and all of AT&T's current LTE bands (once MFBI is fully deployed on their network, it's already available in many places). However, the Sprint variant doesn't support AT&T's upcoming band 29 LTE (though I don't think AT&T has released any phones yet which support this band) and probably doesn't support VoLTE either (at least not in the initial firmware).

So, on the face of it, this is a good unit to operate on AT&T or TMO if unlocked. That said, I don't think Sprint has clarified yet if they will domestic unlock devices that are paid in full but while the associated subscriber is still under contract or making payments or a lease for another device. Might be an issue for some people and Sprint is still not clear on this.

Ok nice so the Sprint version of the S6 will be like the unlocked iPhone 6 that apple sales which is really the sprint version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sprint variant is supposed to support all of T-Mobile's LTE bands and all of AT&T's current LTE bands (once MFBI is fully deployed on their network, it's already available in many places). However, the Sprint variant doesn't support AT&T's upcoming band 29 LTE (though I don't think AT&T has released any phones yet which support this band)...

No, that is incorrect.  For just two of several examples, the AT&T variant iPhone 6 supports band 29 Lower 700 MHz D/E block carrier aggregation, while the AT&T variant Galaxy S6 supports that and band 30 WCS 2300 MHz.  Those are going to be important capacity bands for AT&T.  Soon enough, lacking those bands on AT&T will be like lacking a tri band device on Sprint.

And I, for one, am happy about that.  A user should not be able to take a Sprint variant device to AT&T and have a great experience -- until AT&T reciprocates and makes its variant devices fully Sprint capable.

AJ

• Like 4

Me too.  Black 32GB for me, White 32GB for the wife.  First Samsung phone I've purchased since the Samsung Nexus S.

LOL, yeah tell me about it, at least the samsung nexus was a nexus and didn't come with touchwiz.  I have bought other galaxy devices before but unfortunately touchwiz was always a deal breaker and they ended up just getting returned.  But there is something about the s6 edge that just has me totally hypnotized that I just couldn't help myself.

I just pre-ordered the Galaxy S6 Edge as well from Best Buy. I am having second thoughts because I looked at other current flagships such as the G3 and S5 and they were being sold at $1 for a 2 year contract. Typically, how long do these phones take to drop from their $200 launch price down to cheaper prices?

I ask because although I am an early adopter, I can wait around 3-4 months for a phone to drop $100 if that is indeed the case.

I just pre-ordered the Galaxy S6 Edge as well from Best Buy. I am having second thoughts because I looked at other current flagships such as the G3 and S5 and they were being sold at $1 for a 2 year contract. Typically, how long do these phones take to drop from their $200 launch price down to cheaper prices?

I ask because although I am an early adopter, I can wait around 3-4 months for a phone to drop $100 if that is indeed the case.

The S5 kept it's $200 price for about 4-5 months if I recall. I was watching it for my wife's upgrade. I wouldn't expect a big discount for some time.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

• Like 1

Its gonna be a while, 6 months if not longer in my opinion. Besides if you were truly an early adopter you wouldn't worry about such things, lol.

• Like 1

For those who are getting the 6 edge, how many of you are going to on the regular keep your phone face down on a table to see the lights on the side light up? I understand the screen is gorilla glass but it's not invincible to scratching

Starching would keep it crisp though....

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Lol I just noticed that...walking a dog that's pulling and trying to type don't mix.

• Like 1