Sprint Q4 2014 earnings report

Ascertion

87% of base is on smart phones

average bill per user is about $62

They have retired some clearwire debt

from Q&A:

how will they get message out about improved network. May start to put it in advertising (at local levels). waiting for next root metrics results

Yes, CA will include 1.9 +2.5 (from CEO).

• Like 4

What do they mean by this?

I wonder if this would also help battery life on standby since 1900 should be a stronger signal.  Also, if this is the future plan they should start seeding devices with this type of carrier aggregation asap.  The new flagships from Samsung and HTC come out in the spring and they it would nice if they have the capability once the network is ready.

Why not increase cap ex to max to fully use spectrum?  will fully utilize 2.5, first quarter is cap ex lite

What do you mean by 40% of this year?

Do you mean the 40% of people left to cover will be accomplished this year

That is how it sounds to me.

executive team will occasionally work in retail stores and call centers.

That's interesting.

500 stores less than T-Mobile, 3000 less than Verizon.

Churn in Chicago:  Churn decreases nicely where network improves

1.9 with 2.5 question.  (Bye)  . Path will not be changed, will be complimented.  added 800 to mix.  No specific timeframe, working with device vendors.  Not a year off, more in the long term.

Any special offers for retention?  Trying move them to best rate plan.  Prodding customers, especially 3G,  to move to triband phones.  Network improvements.  Using "next best action" software. 

Conference call concluded.

Edited by dkyeager
  • Like 1

Sprint now covers 270 Million POPs with LTE, and 125 Million on 2.5Ghz. Not bad.

Things are moving full steam ahead now that the foundation is complete. Sprint should hit 300 mil pop way before the year ends.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

H block is kind of weird it's not PCS, power characteristics are those of AWS if I remember. Trading for PCS with either AT&T or Verizon or even T-Mobile might be preferable.

H is right next to g which is b25. 5mhZ is not that much.

Why would att vzw trade spectrum for which they have the handsets and network TODAY for spectrum for which they have neither?

Band 41 is below 2-4 Mbps in Baltimore nowadays...so hopefully having 2.5Ghz downlink with 1.9Ghz for uplink will help with download speeds.

They noted that is a long term plan, not this year.

2.5GHz capacity issues can be solved by increasing density and adding another carrier, which is slated for this year.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Since this is kind of the general chat thread, I have to share this humorous story (at least it is to me): Since around February/March of this year, my S22U has been an absolute pain to charge. USB-C cables would immediately fall out and it progressively got worse and worse until it often took me a number of minutes to get the angle of the cable juuuussst right to get charging to occur at all (not exaggerating). The connection was so weak that even walking heavily could cause the cable to disconnect. I tried cleaning out the port with a stable, a paperclip, etc. Some dust/lint/dirt came out but the connection didn't improve one bit. Needless to say, this was a MONSTER headache and had me hating this phone. I just didn't have the finances right now for a replacement.  Which brings us to the night before last. I am angry as hell because I had spent five minutes trying to get this phone to charge and failed. I am looking in the port and I notice it doesn't look right. The walls look rough and, using a staple, the back and walls feel REALLY rough and very hard. I get some lint/dust out with the staple and it improves charging in the sense I can get it to charge but it doesn't remove any of the hard stuff. It's late and it's charging, so that's enough for now. I decide it's time to see if that hard stuff is part of the connector or not. More aggressive methods are needed! I work in a biochem lab and we have a lot of different sizes of disposable needles available. So, yesterday morning, while in the lab I grab a few different sizes of needles between 26AWG and 31 AWG. When I got home, I got to work and start probing the connector with the 26 AWG and 31 AWG needle. The stuff feels extremely hard, almost like it was part of the connector, but a bit does break off. Under examination of the bit, it's almost sandy with dust/lint embedded in it. It's not part of the connector but instead some sort of rock-hard crap! That's when I remember that I had done some rock hounding at the end of last year and in January. This involved lots of digging in very sandy/dusty soils; soils which bare more than a passing resemblance to the crap in the connector. We have our answer, this debris is basically compacted/cemented rock dust. Over time, moisture in the area combined with the compression from inserting the USB-C connector had turned it into cement. I start going nuts chiseling away at it with the 26 AWG needle. After about 5-10 minutes of constant chiseling and scraping with the 26AWG and 31AWG needles, I see the first signs of metal at the back of the connector. So it is metal around the outsides! Another 5 minutes of work and I have scraped away pretty much all of the crap in the connector. A few finishing passes with the 31AWG needle, a blast of compressed air, and it is time to see if this helped any. I plug my regular USB-C cable and holy crap it clicks into place; it hasn't done that since February! I pick up the phone and the cable has actually latched! The connector works pretty much like it did over a year ago, it's almost like having a brand new phone!
    • That's odd, they are usually almost lock step with TMO. I forgot to mention this also includes the September Security Update.
    • 417.55 MB September security update just downloaded here for S24+ unlocked   Edit:  after Sept security update install, checked and found a 13MB GP System update as well.  Still showing August 1st there however. 
    • T-Mobile is selling the rest of the 3.45GHz spectrum to Columbia Capital.  
    • Still nothing for my AT&T and Visible phones.