Sprint Q4 2014 earnings report

Ascertion

But it's not the govts. problem. It's the ceo's. Remember back to when the tmo/att merger was slapped down. TMO was in WAAAAAY worse position than now and maybe even worse than sprint and look where it is now. Sure profits aren't there but they're growing.

Also remember that CEOs WILL lie to get a merger past FCC.

Look at the att tmo merger. Att offered $39bil for TMO "to expand lte from 250 to 300 mil" yet this

http://www.broadbandreports.com/r0/download/1678331~018ee90413e657e412818181a5d840ff/DOC.pdf

accidentally leaked document shows that going from 250 to 300 mil lte would cost att $3.9bil i.e. 90% cheaper than buying tmobile.

I don't believe

And one could make the debate that the only reason T-Mo even got to the place they are now was their windfall from the failed merger. 

And one could make the debate that the only reason T-Mo even got to the place they are now was their windfall from the failed merger.

"Spectrum windfall + cash + MetroPCS" was a big part of their turnaround. Areas with no Metro like Chicago, Indy, NOLA, Louisville, Cincinnati, and most rurals are a little rougher spectrum wise.

4e695f491df2ed203c7c301aeb63104c.jpg

More shots fired, see the Magenta line?

From the conference call transcript:

This improvement was further validated by independent third party data provided by Nielsen, which showed that Sprint's drop call rate has been the lowest ever and improved by more than 50% year-over-year. You can probably guess from the carrier -- from the graph which carries continue to have the worst drop call rate in the industry.

Sprint's (S) CEO Marcelo Claure on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript $S

http://www.seekingalpha.com/article/2889416

Sprint's (S) CEO Marcelo Claure on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript $S

Tmobile is only carrier that doesn't have lowband 2g/3G voice spectrum. It's not level playing field.

Imagine the landscape if AT&T never persued TMobile.  Tmobile would've been grasping at the straws.  The duopoly would be unbreakable.

it was a good thing for consumers that Tmobile got all that windfall.

• Like 4

Tmobile is only carrier that doesn't have lowband 2g/3G voice spectrum. It's not level playing field.

I don't buy that. Sprint had PCS only for a long period of time and still managed to have less dropped and blocked calls than T-Mobile the whole time with the exception of 2013 and early 2014.

• Like 6

Sorry but you did not answer in the form of a question. 

You win the Internets today.  maximus is slayed in The Forums at S4GRU.

AJ

• Like 5

They didn't deploy 800Mhz voice nationwide.  It's not available anywhere in Cleveland.

Everything else I agree with and I'm excited about.

It'd be nice for him to articulate what the status of ibez is.

That was addressed specifically today in the call.

"Our second focus area for the network is a continued build out of LTE on the 800MHz band.  We have 800MHz LTE on air across more than 60% of our LTE footprint and we are focused on completing the other 40% by the end of this year when rebanding is complete."

It will happen some time this year.  Soon enough that they can largely complete B26 deployment in the IBEZ by year's end.

"Our second focus area for the network is a continued build out of LTE on the 800MHz band.  We have 800MHz LTE on air across more than 60% of our LTE footprint and we are focused on completing the other 40% by the end of this year when rebanding is complete."

Its sometimes hard for me to hear through Marcelo's accent but I'm pretty sure he said "completing the other 40% by the end of the year WHERE rebanding is complete."

That was addressed specifically today in the call.

It will happen some time this year. Soon enough that they can largely complete B26 deployment in the IBEZ by year's end.

But is rebanding same thing as ibez?

Maybe he's only talking about the public safety rebanding like in Miami.

Idk. You know more.

Gotcha, I thought that IBEZ issue only effected 800 LTE, not 800 voice.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

It depends how much spectrum on the other side of the border is rebranded.

In some areas NOT in ibez, I've read here that sprint has launched 1x800 first because that only takes 1.25fdd and then waiting for more public safety to be cleared before adding 800lte 5fdd

Canada IBEZ can get launched this year because Mike is really close to shut down. No mentions of Mike even exist on the Telus website.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_%28cellular_network%29

Also see http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1856468-Mike[emoji768]-is-retiring for the date - January 29, 2016. My guess is that a lot of the spectrum is already available.

• Like 1

Canada IBEZ can get launched this year because Mike is really close to shut down. No mentions of Mike even exist on the Telus website.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_%28cellular_network%29

Fully rebanding on the canuck side wont happen till late this year or early next year  which will allocate enough for 5x5 LTE 800 + 1x800. Full rebanding in the southern border will happen late this year and well into next year for 3x3 LTE 800 + 1x800.

Fully rebanding on the canuck side wont happen till late this year or early next year which will allocate enough for 5x5 LTE 800 + 1x800. Full rebanding in the southern border will happen late this year and well into next year for 3x3 LTE 800 + 1x800.

Is it possible to forego the 1x800, and do 4.25x4.25 LTE 800?

Fully rebanding on the canuck side wont happen till late this year or early next year which will allocate enough for 5x5 LTE 800 + 1x800. Full rebanding in the southern border will happen late this year and well into next year for 3x3 LTE 800 + 1x800.

See the edit with a lengthy letter from a Telus VP that explains their network transition from IDEN to 4G PTT services. That explains a lot more of this.

No.  A 5 MHz FDD carrier requires at least 4.5 MHz FDD.

AJ

Did you mean deploy a 3mhz LTE carrier, and another 1.4mhz LTE carrier? Or deploy 3mhz LTE and a 1.25mhz CDMA carrier?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Fully rebanding on the canuck side wont happen till late this year or early next year  which will allocate enough for 5x5 LTE 800 + 1x800. Full rebanding in the southern border will happen late this year and well into next year for 3x3 LTE 800 + 1x800.

I thought they would have 5.5x5.5 along the southern border?

So they could do 3x3 LTE and 1x800 or 5x5 LTE.