HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

The only thing though that gives me some pause, isn't this the same website that said the EVO 4G LTE does TD-LTE 2600 and LTE 800? It was the only site that I read that gave those additional specs.

http://www.goodandev...168ea1a8f9d970c

Good and EVO not only falsely attributes LTE 800 and TD-LTE 2600 capability but also cribs our first to press article on the FCC OET application. Note the text about band classes in the Good and EVO piece that is lifted directly from my bullet points.

http://s4gru.com/ind...fcc-oet-filing/

Color me unimpressed by Good and EVO.

AJ

Don't get me wrong, I like the guys at goodandevo. They are just reporting what their sources are telling them. And since the chorus is singing May 18th, why would they doubt a source that says the 18th?

When I received my first tip of the 18th a few weeks ago, I asked the source for documents or a photo or something to corroborate. He wouldn't provide any. Just his word. So I chose not to report the 18th.

Then, within a few days, it hits the tech media all over about the 18th, all without referencing documents. I assume it's the same source who approached me. So this is another reason I am skeptical.

We only report on official documents. Since I have seen docs dated 4/20 that say 6/10 launch, I personally trust this more than heresay about the 18th. I am sure that since S4GRU only reports on documents, we may miss a legitimate verbal scoop here and there, but it saves us from a lot of credibility issues and having to issue retractions.

But back to goodandevo, they were approached with legitimate pics from a source who verbally says the 18th. Why would they doubt that source? I don't blame them for running it. It only makes sense to doubt it when seen in context with what I have seen, which they have not.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Good and EVO not only falsely attributes LTE 800 and TD-LTE 2600 capability but also cribs our first to press article on the FCC OET application. Note the text about band classes in the Good and EVO piece that is lifted directly from my bullet points.

http://s4gru.com/ind...fcc-oet-filing/

Color me unimpressed by Good and EVO.

AJ

i still can't get over that they threw in 2.6 TDLTE and 800 LTE as being included in band class 25...it takes 5sec to search whats included in the bands if you dont know yourself, and is just a flat out shame that they miss inform users of that...

I like their site been following them since the OG Evo at times, and understand they have a smaller viewership compared to others typically, but you can't flat out go reporting things like that, ESP if your the MANAGING EDITOR for the site. imho....

Just to be clear I have no problem with the early launch reporting they did what so ever as they have their sources and decide to run with what told and shown. BUT articles like the one im talking about in the above paragraph seriously hurt your credibility imho as it shows you either take peoples word too much for granted or fail to read FCC docs when reporting on them...

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, the Qualcomm S4 does multimode LTE

World Mode (LTE FDD/TDD CAT 3, SVLTE-DB, TD-SCDMA, Rel9 DC-HSPA+,

GSM/GPRS/EDGE, EGAL, 1x Adv., 1x EV-DO Rev. A+B

https://developer.qu...ragon-specs.pdf

So it wouldn't matter if S4 does support TD-LTE if there wasn't other supporting hardware for it on the phone (like antenna I would assume)?

Edited by Sandman

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, the Qualcomm S4 does multimode LTE

https://developer.qu...ragon-specs.pdf

So it wouldn't matter if S4 does support TD-LTE if there wasn't other supporting hardware for it on the phone (like antenna I would assume)?

thats the thought on it all...

kinda like how it supports GSM but since its a CDMA phone thats a no go...

I will say though I thought it was a little odd that I saw a line int he build.prop posted on the previous page here that have "HSPDA..." in it...

I will say though I thought it was a little odd that I saw a line int he build.prop posted on the previous page here that have "HSPDA..." in it...

I would suppose that much of the file is a carryover from the One X.

AJ

Okay how about the other stuff? Seems like a lil much to carry over in a build prop no?....

1) gsm.operator.iso-country=us -> I assume that line is there b/c LTE is a gsm technology???

2) persist.cne.be.umts.sqi.max& persist.cne.be.hspa.sqi.max -> no clue about why those are in there...

3) For HSDPA low throughput ro.ril.disable.power.collapse -> no clue on that one

4) For Verizon data retry configuration ro.cdma.data_retry_config = max_retries=infinite,0,0,60000,120000,480000,900000 -> Assuming this is for roaming?....If so why is no other roaming partner listed in there?

I hope that is true. It would go inline with what a Sprint store rep told me.

The only thing though that gives me some pause, isn't this the same website that said the EVO 4G LTE does TD-LTE 2600 and LTE 800? It was the only site that I read that gave those additional specs.

http://www.goodandev...168ea1a8f9d970c

Wow, I didn't even see that.

Since I just spent nearly $1K on a new laptop and software, the later launch date would provide me a nice cushion of time to deal with my accountant AKA "She To Whom I Am Betrothed". Nevertheless, whatever day it launches, that's the day I plan on buying it. The earlier date will just cost me more, if you catch my drift.

• Like 1

Leaked EVO 4G LTE boot animation? Its definitely similar to that on the EVO 3D.

http://www.goodandev...evo-4g-lte.html

Note the shout out to S4GRU in the article' date=' too. :)[/quote']

Yeah, I came across that write up yesterday when reviewing the S4GRU referrers report. Interesting.

Leaked EVO 4G LTE boot animation? Its definitely similar to that on the EVO 3D.

http://www.goodandev...evo-4g-lte.html

Note the shout out to S4GRU in the article, too.

Pretty sure the bootanimation has been on there longer than that post....coulda sworn an RUU leaked a few days to a week ago on xda for the device that all this stuff was pulled from obviously...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

There was the leaked RUU for the Evo 4G LTE a couple of days ago so thats probably where it came from.

Dangit I'm slow today. LOL

Yeah i thought it was odd how they worded that article and credited that post as the RUU was out before that and I'm 90% sure that's where king would of gotten it from anyway...

Pretty sure the bootanimation has been on there longer than that post....coulda sworn an RUU leaked a few days to a week ago on xda for the device that all this stuff was pulled from obviously...

Yeah, they source XDA at the bottom of their article.

I would guess that they are directly sourcing Elite_The_King's post because he is the one who posted the actual build prop and the bootanimation. Noting the previously leaked RUU was not necessarily germane to the content of the GoodandEvo post.

no more than 1 page back from here its mentioned already bud...

That non removable battery is still a bit of a buzzkill though. Especially for us heavy hitters that dont want to tote around a portable charger

That non removable battery is still a bit of a buzzkill though. Especially for us heavy hitters that dont want to tote around a portable charger

Its probably the only significant negative about the EVO LTE. But the 'pro' column is chock full of items. The battery isn't enough to stop me from buying one, but it is a bummer.

• Like 1

Its probably the only significant negative about the EVO LTE. But the 'pro' column is chock full of items. The battery isn't enough to stop me from buying one, but it is a bummer.

Too bad it wasn't a monster battery like the RAZR MAXX. Then I wouldn't care about having a removable battery.

• Like 1

Too bad it wasn't a monster battery like the RAZR MAXX. Then I wouldn't care about having a removable battery.

If they put the same size battery in the Evo LTE as what's in the RAZR MAXX, then heck to the LTE iPhone. I love all day battery life. :D

Edit: Who knows, maybe someone will make an external battery case like the Mophie for this phone.

Probably a dumb question, but it wouldn't be my first. Any chance they heard the public outcry and made the battery removable before final production?

If they put the same size battery in the Evo LTE as what's in the RAZR MAXX, then heck to the LTE iPhone. I love all day battery life. :D

Edit: Who knows, maybe someone will make an external battery case like the Mophie for this phone.

Quite possible. If the phone sells in multiple millions, it might be worth the R&D to come up with a battery case for Mophie or some other interested party.

Probably a dumb question, but it wouldn't be my first. Any chance they heard the public outcry and made the battery removable before final production?

I HIGHLY doubt it.

I HIGHLY doubt it.

Me too. I had to ask. Well, I didn't have to, I was compelled to by my inner idiot.

• Like 3

Quite possible. If the phone sells in multiple millions, it might be worth the R&D to come up with a battery case for Mophie or some other interested party.

Mophie has been asked if they would make regular juice packs for android phones and they said they have considered it, but never said that they won't do it. So maybe it will still happen.