HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

so.....EVO 4G LTE popped up at FCC for a lil bit it seems...

http://www.engadget....htc-evo-4g-fcc/

I think AJ's article on the Wall may have beat Engadget. By two minutes it appears. Yay for us!

I could have told you that with 99% certainty several months ago.

You had me beat. My certainty level on it was in the low 90's! :tu:

Robert

Need to see this with my own eyes to see how they worded svdo support in there...

Completely understand svlte as that's the future but svdo is interesting...one bc sprint was rumored to go straight to svlte and not bother with svdo...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Need to see this with my own eyes to see how they worded svdo support in there...

Completely understand svlte as that's the future but svdo is interesting...one bc sprint was rumored to go straight to svlte and not bother with svdo...

I haven't read it yet myself. I'm looking forward to doing that tonight when I get home. I am trusting in AJ's account thus far. Which has never lead me astray yet.

Robert

I haven't read it yet myself. I'm looking forward to doing that tonight when I get home. I am trusting in AJ's account thus far. Which has never lead me astray yet.

Robert

Ditto.....hopefully It's back up by then since they took it down...

I don't think I have ever been more excited about a phone. I really hope it lives up to the hype. I'm not really one to upgrade just to upgrade. I prefer to add function or fill a need with a new product. I have been using my phone in my car a lot lately but this interface (video below) really impresses me. I have also been looking at ways to use apps like Tasker.

Reviews of the One X seem good. I do wonder how good the radios and battery life will be. Both seem expectable to me. The only thing I really don't like about sense 4.0 is the multi-tasking. I really wish they would have left the stock vertical view. They did on 3.6. Sigh.. There is always launchers and custom roms. I guess we know more in a few months.

Robert

Finally got back from my Softball game. "SAR Test Report" on page 7 states it pretty clear there...interesting it was added there to be honest...not going to complain one bit though...

• Like 1

Sprint is not planning anything 10x10.. Clearwire may, but no, the EVO is probably not going to support clearwire LTE

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

when they say they tested it at 10MHz LTE then I assume thats 5x5 then? and the 5MHz was 2.5x2.5? or was that something else?.

It is 10MHz channels. Meaning 10x10. Its no typo. Its intentional. We are working through some more details and corroborations. Hopefully we can write an article about it in the next week. Your eyes are not deceiving you.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

It is 10MHz channels. Meaning 10x10. Its no typo. Its intentional. We are working through some more details and corroborations. Hopefully we can write an article about it in the next week. Your eyes are not deceiving you.

Through lte advanced I assume?...or this for the markets they hold enough to deploy that size?

Through lte advanced I assume?...or this for the markets they hold enough to deploy that size?

No, not through LTE Advanced spectrum aggregation. The EVO 4G LTE is not an LTE Advanced ready device.

AJ

There are no devices currently than can handle LTE aggregated carriers. There are also no LTE aggregated carriers either.

There are no devices currently than can handle LTE aggregated carriers. There are also no LTE aggregated carriers either.

So Sprint has more surprises hiding up their sleeves then? Wow. Can't wait for the article.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

Sprint is not planning anything 10x10.. Clearwire may, but no, the EVO is probably not going to support clearwire LTE

That is generally but not entirely true. Obviously, Sprint is deploying a 5 MHz x 5 MHz LTE carrier in its PCS G block 10 MHz licenses. And, in markets where Sprint has sufficient spare spectrum or is able to clear enough spectrum for a second LTE carrier in PCS A-F block spectrum, Sprint will still most likely deploy another 5 MHz x 5 MHz carrier. Two 5 MHz x 5 MHz carriers, for example, will each have half the peak data throughput capability of a 10 MHz x 10 MHz carrier. Together, however, they will have the same aggregate data throughput capability as the twice as large single carrier. That said, in some markets, Sprint also holds the PCS C5 block 10 MHz license directly adjacent to its PCS G block 10 MHz license. In at least those markets, Sprint could potentially skip 5 MHz x 5 MHz LTE and go directly to 10 MHz x 10 MHz LTE.

In one of my first pieces for S4GRU, I wrote about the availability of spectrum for additional LTE carriers. See this spreadsheet in this article:

http://s4gru.com/ind...l-lte-carriers/

AJ

• Like 3

No, not through LTE Advanced spectrum aggregation. The EVO 4G LTE is not an LTE Advanced ready device.

AJ

haha DUH!....FACEPALM!

The MDM9225 and MDM9625 are the only ones to support it...so obviously i am past my normal bed time here suggesting that. haha.

gonna go with the whole deploying 10x10 in areas where they have the spectrum to do such then, like I think i recall mentioned on here long long long ago as being a slight possibility...yes im throwing darts to see what sticks now. lol :)

Edit:

I see AJ beat my post in by a sec....knew i remembered reading something along those lines on here. hehe

• Like 1

For an example of how/where Sprint might (and I do stress might) deploy 10 MHz x 10 MHz LTE, see Seattle in this still in progress PCS license chart:

https://docs.google....ZTdhYjdWZk9oLUE

Note how the 5 MHz x 5 MHz of the PCS C5 block and the 5 MHz x 5 MHz of the PCS G block form a contiguous 10 MHz x 10 MHz block.

AJ

• Like 3

Wow. Awesome to know that Sprint could potentially roll out 10x10 configs in certain areas that they hold the C5 block.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

For an example of how/where Sprint might (and I do stress might) deploy 10 MHz x 10 MHz LTE, see Seattle in this still in progress PCS license chart:

https://docs.google....ZTdhYjdWZk9oLUE

Note how the 5 MHz x 5 MHz of the PCS C5 block and the 5 MHz x 5 MHz of the PCS G block form a contiguous 10 MHz x 10 MHz block.

AJ

fancy cheat sheet there...good for spectrum dummies like myself. lol

• Like 1

Finally got back from my Softball game. "SAR Test Report" on page 7 states it pretty clear there...interesting it was added there to be honest...not going to complain one bit though...

Yes, Sgt., that chart in the SAR application is where I found the SVDO revelation. I have extracted the chart for reference:

oucrpe.png

AJ

• Like 1

I got a chance to use this phone (was part of the Sprint announcement event), and I can safely say that this will be my next phone. I know there will always be better, etc. but it is solid, just works, with a great camera and screen.

I got a chance to use this phone (was part of the Sprint announcement event), and I can safely say that this will be my next phone. I know there will always be better, etc. but it is solid, just works, with a great camera and screen.

NIce, lucky you bud!

Glad to know it's a solid device. And you are lucky you got to play with it at the HTC/Sprint event.

If we purchased this phone now, and because Sprint does not have LTE yet, will we be able to roam on Verizon LTE?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

No, totally different band class. Plus there are no roaming agreements for LTE data.