HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Which PRL would that be? I have tried Corporate PRLs such as 12119 and all of them put me on Cricket.

I use PRL 11119. It doe seem to run on Verizon over Cricket. Whereas when I used 11115, it seemed to select Cricket over VZW.

Robert

How does VZ get away with charging $299 for its devices?......

The Incridible 4G leaked out again today and initially was tagged at being a mid tier device given the specs of it only having a SLCD qHD display which is what the EVO3D has if im not mistaken...Well that theory is out the window now given the $299 tag that was put on the device on its droiddoes website today briefly...

How they justify charging that for that phone is beyond me...CPU downclocked to 1.2...and older tech screen...just dont get it.

side note:

How AndroidCentral ran a piece saying this device is close in line with the OneS is a lil iffy to me...The OneS leaves the CPU clocked at 1.5, and also has state of the art casing versus the incridible4G LTE...

http://www.androidce...-droiddoes-site

Still shocked that VZ gets away with charging $300 for a device like this...most it should of been was $250 imho given the screen being SLCD qHD and not SLCD2 like the OneX/EVO4GLTE...Also the mere fact that ATT and TMobile are giving theirs away for $199 versus this should be eye opening to VZ users...

I can only guess that VZ refuses to subsidize their phones as much as everyone else....with the only exception being the iPhone...lol

/endrant

Edit:

hoping the price was a mere error from a copy of the Razr page and will be fixed when it goes live...was looking forward to getting this device for the wife but im deff not letting her pay $300 for this spec device...

I currently get 4g service with my Evo. I'm looking at pre-ordering the Evo 4g lte. Does anyone know if this will get better 3g service than a regular evo? I'm just debating on whether or not I want to wait a year for lte to roll out in the Des Moines area.

The Incridible 4G leaked out again today and initially was tagged at being a mid tier device given the specs of it only having a SLCD qHD display which is what the EVO3D has if im not mistaken...Well that theory is out the window now given the $299 tag that was put on the device on its droiddoes website today briefly...

How they justify charging that for that phone is beyond me...CPU downclocked to 1.2...and older tech screen...just dont get it.

side note:

How AndroidCentral ran a piece saying this device is close in line with the OneS is a lil iffy to me...The OneS leaves the CPU clocked at 1.5, and also has state of the art casing versus the incridible4G LTE...

http://www.androidce...-droiddoes-site

Still shocked that VZ gets away with charging $300 for a device like this...most it should of been was $250 imho given the screen being SLCD qHD and not SLCD2 like the OneX/EVO4GLTE...Also the mere fact that ATT and TMobile are giving theirs away for $199 versus this should be eye opening to VZ users...

I can only guess that VZ refuses to subsidize their phones as much as everyone else....with the only exception being the iPhone...lol

/endrant

Edit:

hoping the price was a mere error from a copy of the Razr page and will be fixed when it goes live...was looking forward to getting this device for the wife but im deff not letting her pay $300 for this spec device...

Thats always been a Verizon tradition. They know people will shell out the $300 for phones. Most people probably just see a new name and don't realize they are buying older tech.

I use PRL 11119. It doe seem to run on Verizon over Cricket. Whereas when I used 11115, it seemed to select Cricket over VZW.

Robert

Yea I actually have both of those. I tried 11115 and it even wouldn't work for me, no network connections while roaming. It connected to Verizon for a little bit and then it just went dead. Well thanks for trying, appreciate it.

I remember hearing something about the separate chip that handles the LTE adding to the cost and the reason Verizon charge that extra $100. To me it is sort of like the Premium Data Fee Sprint charges, they just do it all at one time. Fortunately from what I have read, the Qualcomm S4 Krait, that the EVO 4G LTE has, will do LTE. And if true, that will mean significantly better battery life.

Just ask for a break on the phone. I was quoted $50 off on each phone if I switched from Sprint. That was just my first ask. I had plenty of asks left.

As an avid cyclist fan I totally got the joke.

The USA pro sports scene has a better PR department and the fans just don't care if their guys pump themselves full of drugs to win.

The problem cyclists face is they ride for Thirty days at close to 30 mph everyday in the Tour de France. Expresso and pasta just don't give you those results.

It seems that era is closing slowly. Time will tell

I remember hearing something about the separate chip that handles the LTE adding to the cost and the reason Verizon charge that extra $100. To me it is sort of like the Premium Data Fee Sprint charges, they just do it all at one time. Fortunately from what I have read, the Qualcomm S4 Krait, that the EVO 4G LTE has, will do LTE. And if true, that will mean significantly better battery life.

Na thats wrong there as there is no way it is not using the S4 chip inside....It baffles me that the Razr and this device are the same price....really think the price is wrong as it makes no sense overall.

Na thats wrong there as there is no way it is not using the S4 chip inside....It baffles me that the Razr and this device are the same price....really think the price is wrong as it makes no sense overall.

I was referring to any phone that has LTE on Verizon not that it contained the S4.

I was referring to any phone that has LTE on Verizon not that it contained the S4.

oh i was specifically tlaking about the Inc4G LTE...thought that your comment was saying they were going to have to have an extra LTE chip for it...b/c thats not the case in the Inc4GLTE as it should have the S4 which will eliminate the whole extra chip used before...

oh i was specifically tlaking about the Inc4G LTE...thought that your comment was saying they were going to have to have an extra LTE chip for it...b/c thats not the case in the Inc4GLTE as it should have the S4 which will eliminate the whole extra chip used before...

The early LTE phones on Verizon had a separate chip for LTE. That is why Verizon said they needed to charge an extra $100 because of it. That is what I remember hearing. Now that they are getting phones that do it on chip like the S4, it proves they are just doing it because they can do it. One of the other reasons I switched to Sprint and hope this NV is a huge success for them. The big 2 need some serious competition/

• Like 2

My wife and I currently have HTC EVO 4Gs. My car has Toyota Entune and requires the Bluetooth MAP profile for full functionality. I have been doing many searches on the internet and am getting mixed results. I have found only one site that states MAP is supported. I sent an email to HTC and the response was to wait until the phone was released and then download the manual. That was a LOT OF HELP.

I am hoping that some of you have inside information on this subject. Thanks in advance.

My wife and I currently have HTC EVO 4Gs. My car has Toyota Entune and requires the Bluetooth MAP profile for full functionality. I have been doing many searches on the internet and am getting mixed results. I have found only one site that states MAP is supported. I sent an email to HTC and the response was to wait until the phone was released and then download the manual. That was a LOT OF HELP.

I am hoping that some of you have inside information on this subject. Thanks in advance.

The EVO 4G with it's stock rom/kernel does not have the MAP bluetooth profile. The only way I found out to get the MAP profile was to install a post-official cyanogenmod rom with a modified bluetooth stack that supports MAP (they call the non-official versions "kangs" on xda-developers.com). It worked just fine with my '12 Ford Focus for getting text messages read aloud in the car. Hope that helps

• Like 1

The EVO 4G with it's stock rom/kernel does not have the MAP bluetooth profile. The only way I found out to get the MAP profile was to install a post-official cyanogenmod rom with a modified bluetooth stack that supports MAP (they call the non-official versions "kangs" on xda-developers.com). It worked just fine with my '12 Ford Focus for getting text messages read aloud in the car. Hope that helps

Thanks for the tip. I am going to try it out in my new taurus. I found a CM9 "unofficial" ROM that supports MAP.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the HTC EVO 4G LTE because if it supported MAP it would also handle the upcomming LTE. If it does not support MAP, I will definately consider "kangs" to tide me over. We never got the original 4G in the San Diego area, so I am waiting for LTE. At least we are finally on the schedule.

some youtube user posting samples of the EVO LTE's video quality. legit?

http://www.youtube.com/user/psalm143/videos?query=evo

Yeah, i have seen this video before, not sure if its legit or not.

Build prop from the evolte...

The VZ stuff for roaming?...

ro.ril.oem.ecclist=911
ro.ril.disable.fd.plmn.prefix=23402,23410,23411,23420
ro.ril.enable.sdr=0
ro.ril.set.mtusize=1428
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-htc
ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-sprint-us
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-sprint-us
ro.com.google.clientidbase.ms=android-sprint-us
ro.phone.min_match=7
ro.product.model=EVO
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Sprint
gsm.operator.alpha=Sprint
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310120
gsm.operator.numeric=310120
gsm.sim.operator.iso-country=us
gsm.operator.iso-country=us
ro.net.apnwhitelist=admin
ro.htc.checkin.delay=0
ro.da1.enable=true
ro.watch.appid=com.sdgtl.watch.jelcl_40_ics
ro.telephony.ipv6_capability=1
dev.defaultwallpaper=/system/customize/resource/scene_wallpaper_htc_default.jpg
dev.deviceimage_large=/system/customize/resource/jewel_cl_187x370.png
dev.deviceimage_small=/system/customize/resource/jewel_cl_32x58.png
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.display.id=1.12.651.2 710RD
ro.aa.rid=140
ro.cwkey=SPCS_001
ro.aa.skulist=651
ro.aa.customizationid=361715
ro.aa.project=JEWEL_CL_ICS_40
ro.aa.mainsku=651
ro.aa.taskid=257901
ro.aa.romver=1.12.651.2
ro.aa.maincid=SPCS_001
ro.aa.modelid=PJ7510000
ro.aa.cidlist=SPCS_001
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sprint-us
ro.build.id=IML74K
ro.build.display.id=IML74K
ro.build.version.incremental=58458.2
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=日  4月 22 23:18:51 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1335107931
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=
ro.build.host=ABM041
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=htc_jewel
ro.product.brand=sprint_wwe
ro.product.name=jewel
ro.product.device=jewel
ro.product.board=MSM8960
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
ro.product.locale.language=xhdpi
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=msm8960
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=jewel
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=1.12.651.2 CL58458 release-keys
ro.build.description=1.12.651.2 CL58458 release-keys
ro.build.changelist=58458
ro.build.fingerprint=sprint_wwe/jewel/jewel:4.0.3/IML74K/58458.2:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=default
ro.build.project=JEWEL_CL_ICS_40:257901
ro.product.version=1.12.651.2 710RD
ro.build.languageremove=0
ro.build.sense.version=4.0
keyguard.no_require_sim=1
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for surf
#
ro.sf.lcd_density=320
ro.hwui.text_cache_width=2048
ro.hwui.text_cache_height=256

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0
persist.rild.nitz_plmn=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_0=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_1=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_2=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_3=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_0=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_1=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_2=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_3=
persist.rild.ril.ltedr=0
persist.rild.ril.ltedrtable=max_retries=infinite,10000
ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM
DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
debug.sf.hw=1
debug.egl.hw=1
debug.composition.type=dyn
# For ICS project, default 32m/48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=128m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
ro.sf.compbypass.enable=1
debug.enabletr=true
debug.qctwa.preservebuf=1
dev.pm.dyn_samplingrate=1

persist.radio.adb_log_on=1
ro.baseband.arch=msm

# Default network type.
# 4 => CDMA mode preferred.
ro.telephony.default_network=8

#
# system props for the cne module
#
persist.cne.UseCne=false
persist.cne.bat.range.low.med=30
persist.cne.bat.range.med.high=60
persist.cne.loc.policy.op=/system/etc/OperatorPolicy.xml
persist.cne.loc.policy.user=/system/etc/UserPolicy.xml
persist.cne.bwbased.rat.sel=false
persist.cne.snsr.based.rat.mgt=false
persist.cne.bat.based.rat.mgt=false
persist.cne.be.ge.sqi.min=0
persist.cne.be.ge.sqi.max=100
persist.cne.be.umts.sqi.min=0
persist.cne.be.umts.sqi.max=100
persist.cne.be.hspa.sqi.min=0
persist.cne.be.hspa.sqi.max=100
persist.cne.be.1x.sqi.min=0
persist.cne.be.1x.sqi.max=100
persist.cne.be.do.sqi.min=0
persist.cne.be.do.sqi.max=100
persist.cne.be.wlan.sqi.min=0
persist.cne.be.wlan.sqi.max=100
ro.hdmi.enable=true
lpa.decode=true
lpa.tunnel=true
lpa.use-stagefright=true
htc.audio.lpa.a2dp=0
htc.audio.global.state=0
htc.audio.global.profile=0
htc.audio.q6.topology=0
htc.audio.enable_dmic=1
#export for SoundHound
persist.htc.audio.pcm.samplerate=44100
persist.htc.audio.pcm.channels=2
#system props for the MM modules

media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
media.stagefright.enable-aac=true
media.stagefright.enable-qcp=true
media.stagefright.enable-fma2dp=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
#
# system props for the data modules
#
ro.use_data_netmgrd=true
persist.data_netmgrd_mtu=1428
#
# system props for telephony modules
#
#device supports LTE
ro.config.lte=true
#device supports EHRPD
#ro.config.ehrpd=true
#device supports simultaneous 1x voice + LTE
ro.config.svlte1x=true

# For Verizon data retry configuration
ro.cdma.data_retry_config = max_retries=infinite,0,0,60000,120000,480000,900000

# Modify MMS APN retry timer from 5s to 2s.
ro.gsm.2nd_data_retry_config = max_retries=3, 2000, 2000, 2000

# RF team request
ro.ril.enable.dtm = 0
ro.ril.gprsclass = 12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category = 10
ro.ril.hsupa.category = 6
ro.ril.hsxpa = 3

# For the default value of agps
ro.ril.def.agps.mode = 6

# For HSDPA low throughput
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse = 1

#system props for time-services
persist.timed.enable=true

# System props for audio
persist.audio.fluence.mode=endfire
persist.audio.vr.enable=false
persist.audio.handset.mic=analog

#
# system prop for opengles version
#
# 131072 is decimal for 0x20000 to report version 2
ro.opengles.version=131072

#
# system prop for Bluetooth Dialup Networking
#
ro.qualcomm.bluetooth.dun=false

# system prop for Bluetooth FTP profile
ro.qualcomm.bluetooth.ftp=true
#
# system property for Bluetooth Handsfree Profile Wide Band Speech
#
ro.qualcomm.bluetooth.hfp.wbs=false
#
#system prop for Bluetooth hci transport
ro.qualcomm.bt.hci_transport=smd
#
# system prop for requesting Master role in incoming Bluetooth connection.
#
ro.bluetooth.request.master=true
#
# system prop for Bluetooth Auto connect for remote initated connections
#
ro.bluetooth.remote.autoconnect=true
# system property for Bluetooth discoverability time out in seconds
# 0: Always discoverable
#debug.bt.discoverable_time=0

# system property for Bluetooth Hardware information
ro.product.bluetooth=4.0

#system prop for switching gps driver to qmi
persist.gps.qmienabled=true

# System property for cabl
ro.qualcomm.cabl=1

# support sdcard2
ro.sdcard2 = 1
# For internal fat file system
ro.phone_fat = 1

# Following property will be reference by Settings.
ro.product.display_resolution = 4.7 inch 720p resolution

# Camera H/W information
ro.product.main_camera = 8M
ro.product.front_camera = 1.3M

ro.product.processor = Dual Core
ro.product.ram = 1GB

# hTC FOTA property for SIE.
ro.htc.checkin.delay = 3
ro.config.htc.nocheckin = 0
ro.config.htc.noappupdate = 0

# wifi
wifi.softap.interface=wlan0
wifi.softapconcurrent.interface=softap.0
ro.product.wifi = 802.11 a/b/g/n

init.svc.wpa_supplicant=
init.svc.dhcpcd_wlan0=
dhcp.wlan0.autoip=
dhcp.wlan0.dns1=
dhcp.wlan0.dns2=
dhcp.wlan0.dns3=
dhcp.wlan0.dns4=
dhcp.wlan0.gateway=
dhcp.wlan0.ipaddress=
dhcp.wlan0.leasetime=
dhcp.wlan0.mask=
dhcp.wlan0.ooxx=
dhcp.wlan0.pid=
dhcp.wlan0.reason=
dhcp.wlan0.result=
dhcp.wlan0.server=
net.wlan0.dns1=
net.wlan0.dns2=
wifi.wpa_supp_ready=
wlan.driver.status=

# Support HW reset
ro.product.hwreset = 1

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
drm.service.enabled=true
ro.da1.enable=true
ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
ro.com.google.gmsversion=4.0_r2
ro.vendor.extension_library=/system/lib/libqc-opt.so
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-qualcomm
htc.audio.swalt.enable=1
htc.audio.swalt.mingain=14512
htc.audio.alc.enable=1
ro.service.dpsvr.enabled=true
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

uh oh....more info the date is getting pushed up....

http://www.goodandev...168ead2e290970c

Every rumor I have heard so far I have taken with a grain of salt but goodandevo, even though they are a relatively small site, have proven themselves before so I am having a hard time not believing this. I am so excited!!!

Edited by themuffinman
Language.
  • Like 1

The lab report I reported from was dated April 21st. As of the 21st, it was scheduled for June 10th and it mentioned lab issues with LTE connectivity. I guess it's possible they worked out the issues this week and can get it out by May 18th.

However, I'm skeptical. The device was never scheduled to even leave Sprint labs until May 7th, even before connectivity issues arrived last week. If the device exits labs on the 7th and starts to be delivered to stores on the 10th, it will be the fastest any Sprint device has ever left labs and found its way into customer hands. It usually takes 3 to 5 weeks from lab exit until launch.

The GNex left labs on March 25th, they tried for April15th launch and couldn't hit that even and had to settle on the 22nd. You can see why I'm skeptical with the 18th.

I should get a lab update in the next week or so. And when I do, they will definitely reflect an accelerated launch date, if there is one. Has anyone seen a launch date with any of these store marketing materials, yet? I haven't seen one yet. I've seen several pics, with only verbal references to a date. With the GNex, the pics included dates in some instances.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

• Like 3

The lab report I reported from was dated April 21st. As of the 21st, it was scheduled for June 10th and it mentioned lab issues with LTE connectivity. I guess it's possible they worked out the issues this week and can get it out by May 18th.

However, I'm skeptical. The device was never scheduled to even leave Sprint labs until May 7th, even before connectivity issues arrived last week. If the device exits labs on the 7th and starts to be delivered to stores on the 10th, it will be the fastest any Sprint device has ever left labs and found its way into customer hands. It usually takes 3 to 5 weeks from lab exit until launch.

The GNex left labs on March 25th, they tried for April15th launch and couldn't hit that even and had to settle on the 22nd. You can see why I'm skeptical with the 18th.

I should get a lab update in the next week or so. And when I do, they will definitely reflect an accelerated launch date, if there is one. Has anyone seen a launch date with any of these store marketing materials, yet? I haven't seen one yet. I've seen several pics, with only verbal references to a date. With the GNex, the pics included dates in some instances.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

totally agree with ya. Have to take everything with a grain of salt in regards to the early release dates as nothing so far has shown any specific detail that it would happen...ie like you mentioned the marketing material. none that ive seen even utters remotely of a release date. its just basic bland marketing stuff at the printers...

Till something concrete is unveiled its best for those of us(not you of course Robert b/c you have the docs. :)) outside of the fold to just assume the typical june release schedule for the EVO device...

Though with the Samsung event being soon, it would kinda make sense to rush it out the door if the SGS3 was going to be a world launch(another thing i doubt personally given history and sprint not getting SGS devices till after others) and get ppl in under contract before the SGS3 released elsewhere in the US...?

uh oh....more info the date is getting pushed up....

http://www.goodandev...168ead2e290970c

I hope that is true. It would go inline with what a Sprint store rep told me.

The only thing though that gives me some pause, isn't this the same website that said the EVO 4G LTE does TD-LTE 2600 and LTE 800? It was the only site that I read that gave those additional specs.

http://www.goodandevo.net/2012/04/htc-evo-4g-lte-passes-through-the-fcc.html?cid=6a00d83451c9ec69e20168ea1a8f9d970c

I hope that is true. It would go inline with what a Sprint store rep told me.

The only thing though that gives me some pause, isn't this the same website that said the EVO 4G LTE does TD-LTE 2600 and LTE 800? It was the only site that I read that gave those additional specs.

http://www.goodandev...168ea1a8f9d970c

haha WOW!!! did not see that before. lol

what a huge fail by them, i expected better out of those guys for sure.

4G LTE (band class 25; i.e. LTE 1900, PCS A-G blocks; also LTE 800 and TD-LTE 2600)...

A simple check would of shown them that "band class 25" is 1850-1915MHz for uplink and 1930-1995 for downlink....

http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/cellulartelecomms/lte-long-term-evolution/lte-frequency-spectrum.php

such a shame. lol