iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

If it wasn't all the way on the other side of the city I would. So far wifi is not disconnecting randomly...Haven't tested out the rotation yet.

I haven't seen any wifi issue or accelerometer issues on my 6+. I'm currently on 8.0.2 and didn't experience any issues on 8.0 either.

Were you running one of the new betas?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

I haven't seen any wifi issue or accelerometer issues on my 6+. I'm currently on 8.0.2 and didn't experience any issues on 8.0 either.

Were you running on of the new betas?

Nope, no beta. I have also had an issue when on my home screen and swiping up and it's like the screen doesn't detect me touching the screen....I would love to show these to Apple...I wonder if they have replacement phones available already.

Nope, no beta. I have also had an issue when on my home screen and swiping up and it's like the screen doesn't detect me touching the screen....I would love to show these to Apple...I wonder if they have replacement phones available already.

Hopefully they do.  Is this not your second one?  I thought I remember you having a bad one at the start.

Like trying to swipe-up Control Center?

Beyond a few glitches and performed bugs, I haven't experienced any major issues.

I would make an appointment to see somebody at the Apple Store, if I were you. They'll probably replace the phone, no questions asked. Hopefully they have some replacement phones available.

Do you have a 6 or 6+? I can't remember.

Hopefully they do.  Is this not your second one?  I thought I remember you having a bad one at the start.

No. My issue at the start was with the idiot at the sprint store upgrading the wrong phone. I still have that same phone. 

Like trying to swipe-up Control Center?

Beyond a few glitches and performed bugs, I haven't experienced any major issues.

I would make an appointment to see somebody at the Apple Store, if I were you. They'll probably replace the phone, no questions asked. Hopefully they have some replacement phones available.

Do you have a 6 or 6+? I can't remember.

I have a 6. My issue was this past weekend when I was trying to edit my photos on the go in line at the rides. 8 out of 10 times at least, it would not let me turn the video or photo sideways for full viewing...Often requiring a restart (I take all my photos horizontally instead of vertical). I think I will schedule an appointment at Apple and get this sorted out. I am not sure I can replicate the issues on the spot, but I think they will just take my word for it.

The control center launches just fine. But on the lock screen, when I try to drag the camera icon up, it sometimes does not respond. I have to unlock the phone and then launch the camera app from there. Very odd...

The control center launches just fine. But on the lock screen, when I try to drag the camera icon up, it sometimes does not respond. I have to unlock the phone and then launch the camera app from there. Very odd...

Ahh, ok. I've seen this behavior too.

I've also not been able to answer a phone call because it wouldn't register my swipe to answer. The phone wasn't frozen, I just couldn't answer it. I think this is an iOS issue, not hardware. This has only happened once, though.

Ahh, ok. I've seen this behavior too.

I've also not been able to answer a phone call because it wouldn't register my swipe to answer. The phone wasn't frozen, I just couldn't answer it. I think this is an iOS issue, not hardware. This has only happened once, though.

Yeh...I was waiting for the next big update. There are a lot of unexpected bugs in iOS 8. I wonder if 5s and below users are having the same issues.

I just asked a friend who got his phone the same day as me and he says he has similar issues with rotating the screen, and with the lock screen camera swipe issue....It's got to be ios. Or at least I hope it is.

My phone will just not connect to wifi....I am restoring the phone now and going to update it again back to 8.0.2....This is absurd. That and I keep having the issue where I can not rotate pictures or apps or whatever.

That was on my list of problems with my last iPhone 6. Sometimes, it would just never see wifi connections. The searching wheel would just spin forever and never show the at least 10 wifi networks I can pick up from my living room. Random drops were also a problem. Apple swapped my phone out without even being able to recreate a single problem at the store. Now, my phone works how it supposed to. I didn't lose a single percent of battery while sleeping (9 hours).

• Like 2

That was on my list of problems with my last iPhone 6. Sometimes, it would just never see wifi connections. The searching wheel would just spin forever and never show the at least 10 wifi networks I can pick up from my living room. Random drops were also a problem. Apple swapped my phone out without even being able to recreate a single problem at the store. Now, my phone works how it supposed to. I didn't lose a single percent of battery while sleeping (9 hours).

I think I'll get a new phone haha

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Are you supposed to be able to get to the control center in the text app? Whenever I swipe up I don't get anything. More specifically when the keyboard is open. If it's closed it works just fine

Same problem here. I end up hitting letters and the other person thinks I'm typing.

Are you supposed to be able to get to the control center in the text app? Whenever I swipe up I don't get anything. More specifically when the keyboard is open. If it's closed it works just fine

Works for me but you need to do a very long, slow swipe up half the screen for it to work.

Swipe from below the actual screen, up past the keyboard.

Same problem here. I end up hitting letters and the other person thinks I'm typing.

Oh that's always been a problem for me. It just doesn't work well with the keyboard. I normally leave the app or hide the keyboard if possible and then swipe up.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Works for me but you need to do a very long, slow swipe up half the screen for it to work.

Swipe from below the actual screen, up past the keyboard.

That works.

Pretty annoying. You would think with Apple not having a swipe keyboard they would make it sensitive enough just like the rest of the apps on the phone.

Less than stellar Sprint run store experience. I had trouble ordering a 6+ on my phone and thought it might be my framily plan and wanting easypay, so I made an appointment and went to a corporate run store. They verified my account was in order and then said they are out of that phone and go home and order online if you want one. I couldn't talk them into giving me anymore help. I told them issue I was having and they just said try chat when you get home.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My phone will just not connect to wifi....I am restoring the phone now and going to update it again back to 8.0.2....This is absurd. That and I keep having the issue where I can not rotate pictures or apps or whatever. 

On the wi-fi ..is it a 2ghz channel or 5ghz ?

Your issue maybe totally unrelated..

but I asking because I have a dual band Asus router which broadcast 6 ssid's at once.. 3 on 2Ghz and 3 on 5gz... Ive noticed when I go on the higher 5Ghz channels i sometimes have trouble getting those channels - even on my Windows Pc.. If you get the 5Ghz channels the speed are so much better.. so many things interfere with 2Ghz.  I heard some argue that 2ghz goes much further and thats actually part of the problem. I used my Windows pc to see what channels my neighbors are using on their wi-fi so I can put my router on a different channel.  To say this helps my speeds is an understatement..

"We are Apple. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

I gave in, my buddy talked me into ordering a 6+. 4-6 weeks ETA

• Like 3

On the wi-fi ..is it a 2ghz channel or 5ghz ?

Your issue maybe totally unrelated..

but I asking because I have a dual band Asus router which broadcast 6 ssid's at once.. 3 on 2Ghz and 3 on 5gz... Ive noticed when I go on the higher 5Ghz channels i sometimes have trouble getting those channels - even on my Windows Pc.. If you get the 5Ghz channels the speed are so much better.. so many things interfere with 2Ghz. I heard some argue that 2ghz goes much further and thats actually part of the problem. I used my Windows pc to see what channels my neighbors are using on their wi-fi so I can put my router on a different channel. To say this helps my speeds is an understatement..

This is very true. Especially in apartments/condos/townhouses. My father-in-law was having an issue where he pays for 50/10 cable and was only getting around 7/2. I bought him an apple router for Xmas, fired up a 5ghz channel, and now he's getting 60/12. Way too much interference in his apartment building.

• Like 1

Did anyone have any issues buying the 6 from an Apple store and getting the 2 year upgrade price? I have an old everything data family plan and am looking to get the 6 for her but want to make sure there wouldn't be any issues doing so through the apple store as it seems the quickest way to get the phone.

I can't quick launch my camera from the bottom of the lock screen... could be a software issue?

• Like 1

I can't quick launch my camera from the bottom of the lock screen... could be a software issue?

It's not affecting my iPhone 5S, so maybe it's just a bug affecting the 6 and 6 Plus?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just did another update this morning for SwiftKey... More bug fixed... Can't wait till the iOS update in a week

I stopped using swift key because it wouldn't move messages up when I open the keyboard. Otherwise, I would totally make it permanent.