iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Something off topic but I had the thought Apple would do this for the next iPhone even before the 6 was released...everyone was disappointed that the new iPhone didn't come with a sapphire screen. My thought is that the iPhone 6S will be sapphire screen and thats what the "S" will stand for just like the 4S was "Siri" and 5S was "security." Just a fun thought I thought I'd throw out there :)

I agree!

And a liquid metal body

So the 6S will be virtually indestructible !

Then we can always upgrade because we'd not have to buy cases for our iPhones……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something off topic but I had the thought Apple would do this for the next iPhone even before the 6 was released...everyone was disappointed that the new iPhone didn't come with a sapphire screen.  My thought is that the iPhone 6S will be sapphire screen and thats what the "S" will stand for just like the 4S was "Siri" and 5S was "security." Just a fun thought I thought I'd throw out there  :)

What did the "S" mean for 3GS?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

The "S"  stood for speed  ..Thats how Jobs marketed the S model on the 3Gs... but I dont attribute it to the 3G..

There was an iPhone 3G first to show it was a 3G network phone right ? ...The  iPhone 3GS had the S for the faster speedier processor..

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Apple-iPhone-3GS,Apple-iPhone-3G/phones/3774,2962

I know Tim cook said the S iPhone 4S stood for Siri ... ( I never heard them say S for sensor when labeling Apple "Touch ID" though but its possible he or someone else did ) ....

Back to my first sentences - all S models have one thing in common - an incremental processor performance boost....making them  faster then the non S models.. thus S for speed on all models wouldnt really be wrong..  .. but we already knew that

- THANKS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS !

It does have that "4G" 7.2 HSPA though. ;)

EDIT: Actually they didn't start calling it "4G" until the iPhone 4, did they...

EDIT2: Quick Google shows that I was way off, it was the 4S and HSPA 14.4.

Att was the company that marketed HPSA as 4g ... And Verizon to market LTE as 4g .. And Sprint to market WiMAX as 4g..

But the organization that sets the world standards ( ITU ) didn't even recognize LTE as 4g technology till around a year ago, when they backpedaled some..admitting that all: WiMAX, LTE, and HSPA were being used to designate marketed 4g technologiies..

So ATT has just as much right to call HSPA 4g ...as LTE

But speed for TRUE 4g standards were around nearly 1000 Mbs ( not a typo)

http://gizmodo.com/5680755/the-dirty-secret-of-todays-4g-its-not-4g

http://www.strandreports.com/sw4334.asp

Wasn't it the 4S era when AT&T coerced Apple into pushing an update to show the "4G" label next to the bars so people thought they had a faster connection? I remember a friend and my dad telling me their phones went from 3G to 4G with an update.

Wasn't it the 4S era when AT&T coerced Apple into pushing an update to show the "4G" label next to the bars so people thought they had a faster connection? I remember a friend and my dad telling me their phones went from 3G to 4G with an update.

I edited my post above yours re read... Att has just as much right to call it 4g according to the ITU... Until maybe a year ago LTE wasn't even recognized as 4g by the ITU... All those techs ..wi max as well.. Were marketed 4g..

I have my iPhone6 on Sprint and have only seen decent LTE speed (>2Mb) ONCE!!! I live and work in Orange County, CA (92833 near Fullerton Airport).  According to the maps, this area is covered with SPARK.  Why does my phone not connect to Band 41?  Is there a way to force connection to a specific band?

I have checked Field Servicing Mode and I am connected to Band 25 on Physical Cell ID 451.  Is there a way to confirm that this cell site has Band 41 running?

Thanks,

Edited by ladiver

How's the radios on the 6+ working out in the field as far as receive performance? Too many posts to dig through.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So far I have no complaints.  I am able to utilize b26 in my home with a signal strength of -100 to -105.  7mb down/3mb up on average.

When it finds b41, it wants to stay on it.  Although most, if not all, b41 sites here are still Clear, I have been able to get 23down and 13 up.

• Like 1

How's the radios on the 6+ working out in the field as far as receive performance? Too many posts to dig through.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The iPhone 6's RF performance is regarded as being as good as the LG G3 and the newest Nexus 5 radios. My iPhone 6+, however, will hold unto an ALMOST unusable B41 signal and won't let go until north of -122dBm. The B41 cutoff should be more close to -118dBm, if it were my decision. At -118 dBm, B41 will still smoke a good B25/26 signal in pure performance, but not at -120+dBm.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

The iPhone 6's RF performance is regarded as being as good as the LG G3 and the newest Nexus 5 radios. My iPhone 6+, however, will hold unto an ALMOST unusable B41 signal and won't let go until north of -122dBm. The B41 cutoff should be more close to -118dBm, if it were my decision. At -118 dBm, B41 will still smoke a good B25/26 signal in pure performance, but not at -120+dBm.

This. I noticed that my iPhone will hold onto a very low b41 signal which results in a very low upload, and slow iMessage sending. 

I generally agree with you.  Once the network is ready that will definitely be the way to go.  However, here where there aren't many B41 sites, B25 and B26 are extremely overloaded.  I am talking 500 kbps downloads if I am lucky during office hours.  The -122 dBm B41 connection still blows away anything I receive otherwise. 

We will get new modem firmware soon (probably with 8.1?).  I am sure they will iron out all of the kinks as we go along.

Edit: Granted, the one B41 site in my area is 8T8R...  so that may be helping the edge of cell performance for me.

I havent had this experience here in Ohio yet with my iP6+.  When i went to Florida over the summer and I had a chance to see where the towers were in relation to the map.. it seemed like the sites were maybe a bit further apart.. might be wrong.. but with it being flatter its possible Sprint spaces the towers further apart like Verizon, so to speak.  Ceilluar signals go much further when its line of site..  In Ohio its hilly in comparison ...and in many places the towers are closer then I observed in Florida..switching to the nearest tower if closer could explain why B41 hasn't yet held on this way for me.. and there is a decent amount of b41 here..Again i might be wrong.. i could experience this at some point

Anyone had to deal with spigen customer service? I'm trying to set if they'll replace the band on my case that was damaged due to my accident and they haven't emailed me back in two+ weeks.

Apparently their customer service is HORRIBLE. I have emailed them before about my button stabilizers, but according to Yelp...which has 1 star...most experiences with the suck lol. I found this though...

" CALL THEM DIRECTLY at (949) 502-5121.  Again don't bother with any of the misdirection from the auto-attendant that says you can press a button to speak to a specific department.  Those extensions send you into a game of Extension Pickle and it's a waste of time.   Enter extension 201 immediately and someone should answer with "Hello".  No formalities or niceties just "Hello".  Ask to speak to the customer service department and put pressure on customer service to send your order immediately."

But in your case, just ask them if they can replace the band after you explain your situation.

I thought about calling them but don't know how they would take me asking them for a replacement when it wasn't their fault or doing.

For whatever reason my mind world rather deal with someone through chat or email. Lol.

Edit. Called the number and go figure the mailbox is full and can't accept any more messages and answers the front desk. In tempted to just order another case from Amazon bit world rather save the money if possible.

• Like 2

I have heard horror stories about them never even mailing orders to people if you order direct from them. I have a spigen case but I ordered through Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon so I got it in 2 days.

Any company that untrustworthy doesn't deserve my money but at least Amazon will take care of me.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I have heard horror stories about them never even mailing orders to people if you order direct from them. I have a spigen case but I ordered through Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon so I got it in 2 days.

Any company that untrustworthy doesn't deserve my money but at least Amazon will take care of me.

I ordered through Amazon too. Amazon doesn't play around. Their customer service is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

You can't force it, but make sure you're running the most recent PRL by dialing ##UPDATE# in the dialer.

I have ran the update and I still seem to be locked on 25.  Oh well, I guess I will live with it and hope it gets better.  (WOW, isn't that the slogan for Sprint Customers?)

I have ran the update and I still seem to be locked on 25.  Oh well, I guess I will live with it and hope it gets better.  (WOW, isn't that the slogan for Sprint Customers?)

I think they are much better now .. I cant wait to see what another year brings.. I love the HD voice.

I used to wonder why I waited patiently for the NV... but now im glad i did.. no service is perfect everywhere all the time..

but just to let you know "Im keeping it real" I didnt always feel this good about Sprint

I always order from Amazon. Why pay $15 for the same thing? Especially when spigen is shipping it too.

I don't know whats taking Otterbox so long.. but why in the h*ll are we waiting so long for a case that should've been out 3 weeks ago?   .. I'm sure they get specs in advance.. I mean many cases were out on day 1.. I got my Wife iP6+ case at bestbuy on day 3..

Ive got a cheapo on my iP6+  now protecting it some.. but I need ottterbox defender