Wilson Sleek 4g signal booster.

Destroyallcubes

So I picked up the Wilson 4g 460007(also referred to as 460107). Got it for under $100 at best buy (price match). I checked the specs which does not cover Sprint b25,b26,or b41 LTE. But I have actually seen an increase in coverage and usable signal in areas with almost no signal. How is that possible on b26, if the device specs state 824-869mhz regarding band 26?

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=3610007&pid=1219092581508&pcatId=abcat0811002

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=304712&fcc_id=PWO460007

Edit New link added:

http://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/wilson-sleek-4g-23db-amplifier-kit-460107/

We'll need screenshots of your engineering 1X, 3G and LTE screens before we can speak on it as it appears that "booster" would only work on AT&T/VZW for data.

i have the original wilson sleek (supposedly stops at 1990 Mhz on the top end) and mine also works for both B25 and B26. i use it at my work and if i take my phone out of the cradle i either lose 4G completely or have a really weak B26 signal, like -120 or worse. in the cradle with my antenna in the right spots i get -105 to -110 signals on both B25 and B26.

there are 3 others at my work on sprint and we all have the sleek or else we wouldn't get 4G in our building. 2 of us have the original and 2 of them have the one thats supposed to work for B25 on sprint. All of them boost both B25 and B26 the same.

• Like 1

We'll need screenshots of your engineering 1X, 3G and LTE screens before we can speak on it as it appears that "booster" would only work on AT&T/VZW for data.

I used it at home where my m8 only gets b26 in a rare occasion. With the Wilson sleek I got a -108 on my car will take screen shots at home in LTE only mode.

With Booster:

i0DR80c.png?1

Without booster: 

BLkg2ba.png?1

I know it isnt Scientific, but it does seem to have a decent impact on Signal, and usability! Speed test comparison same spot, with/WIthout Booster.

With:

jw3jYX2.png?1

Without:

ylATdT0.png?1

• Like 1

They work good I have heard.

Well Ill take the +10Dbm gain I got from this device. It works well in fringe areas, in Town with decent signal it isnnt bad, does extend the range, and such, just No need for it in town.

So I picked up the Wilson 4g 460007(also referred to as 460107). Got it for under $100 at best buy (price match). I checked the specs which does not cover Sprint b25,b26,or b41 LTE. But I have actually seen an increase in coverage and usable signal in areas with almost no signal. How is that possible on b26, if the device specs state 824-869mhz regarding band 26?

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=3610007&pid=1219092581508&pcatId=abcat0811002

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=304712&fcc_id=PWO460007

Edit New link added:

http://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/wilson-sleek-4g-23db-amplifier-kit-460107/

It does cover band 25. I bought one of these when they first came out. They are very marginally effective (at least for mine).

It does cover band 25. I bought one of these when they first came out. They are very marginally effective (at least for mine).

weird b25 was worse with this for me. Band 26 us around 10-15 dBm better .

weird b25 was worse with this for me. Band 26 us around 10-15 dBm better .

LTE speed is highly signal strength dependent (assuming air wave and back haul are not saturated).  So i think ideally you want to be on B26 as much as possible anyway as that will give you a better signal strength compare to B25 at the same location.

LTE speed is highly signal strength dependent (assuming air wave and back haul are not saturated).  So i think ideally you want to be on B26 as much as possible anyway as that will give you a better signal strength compare to B25 at the same location.

Band 26 -110 signal for me has less speed than, band 25 -110. I believe it is like that because more people are being moved TO band 26. But band 26 does perform decent here, At home I just got a -111 signal (with the Booster) from a site 14 miles away, as the crow flies.

Band 26 -110 signal for me has less speed than, band 25 -110. I believe it is like that because more people are being moved TO band 26. But band 26 does perform decent here, At home I just got a -111 signal (with the Booster) from a site 14 miles away, as the crow flies.

LTE on 800 may have less bandwidth because in many cases the channel is narrower, too.

LTE on 800 may have less bandwidth because in many cases the channel is narrower, too.

Highly unlikely. We have found zero evidence of lesser bandwidth carriers. Every market has been 5 MHz FDD or nil.

AJ

• Like 2

Interesting.  I was under the impression that in all (non border) areas, 1x is put on 800, and the LTE will be either 3 or 5 MHz depending on remaining spectrum.

There was discussion of this in a spectrum map thread in the premier forum. As AJ said no 3x3 channels found yet.

Interesting.  I was under the impression that in all (non border) areas, 1x is put on 800, and the LTE will be either 3 or 5 MHz depending on remaining spectrum.

All available evidence points to the contrary.  The only band 26 documented in any market across the country so far is EARFCN 8763.

AJ

Interesting. I was under the impression that in all (non border) areas, 1x is put on 800, and the LTE will be either 3 or 5 MHz depending on remaining spectrum.

3x3Mhz channels are only because SouthernLINC wireless overlapped some of the spectrum in the south. One of the reasons some here advocate sprint purchasing them, so we can have a fully nationwide 5x5Mhz of 800MHz LTE. I know there are still boarder issues too, but it would be nice to have a solid network everywhere. Plus, SoLinc had some additional SMR spectrum, so as long as the government didn't force sprint to give some back to public safety, it could mean additional 1x carriers so that they could re-farm more PCS for LTE.

And the Wilson booster is designed for the traditional spectrum sets, but much like the GPS interference issues that popped up with the adjacent LightSquared spectrum, the equipment is not tuned to perfectly end at the exact spectrum limit. But since sprints spectrum sit adjacent to PCS and cellular, it still amplifies it some, just not as much as if it was designed for the additional spectrum & more importantly not guaranteed by the manufacturer.

3x3Mhz channels are only because SouthernLINC wireless overlapped some of the spectrum in the south. One of the reasons some here advocate sprint purchasing them, so we can have a fully nationwide 5x5Mhz of 800MHz LTE. I know there are still boarder issues too, but it would be nice to have a solid network everywhere. Plus, SoLinc had some additional SMR spectrum, so as long as the government didn't force sprint to give some back to public safety, it could mean additional 1x carriers so that they could re-farm more PCS for LTE.

Reread AJ's post no 3x3 have been found including SouthernLINC territory.

14 miles?! That's amazing
  • Like 1

I have 1x800 here right now at -94 but it's only about 2.5 miles

1x800 from this site gives me better than -90. But what baffles me is there are two sites 4 miles away.

Sprint is using 5x5 in SouthernLinc territory too. They must have some arrangement in place.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

First Robert, I thought that by you saying that there have been no 3x3Mhz deployments, that there were no deployments in SouthernLinc areas. But are they running a 1x in the locations that are running 5x5Mhz? And if they just came to an agreement on sprint paying or offering service in exchange for the spectrum, would S4GRU have any way of finding/verifying that?