Wilson Sleek 4g signal booster.

Destroyallcubes

First Robert, I thought that by you saying that there have been no 3x3Mhz deployments, that there were no deployments in SouthernLinc areas. But are they running a 1x in the locations that are running 5x5Mhz? And if they just came to an agreement on sprint paying or offering service in exchange for the spectrum, would S4GRU have any way of finding/verifying that?

I live in a southern link area and have had 1x 800 for about 8 months now and am currently on band 26 for LTE. [emoji3]

First Robert, I thought that by you saying that there have been no 3x3Mhz deployments, that there were no deployments in SouthernLinc areas. But are they running a 1x in the locations that are running 5x5Mhz? And if they just came to an agreement on sprint paying or offering service in exchange for the spectrum, would S4GRU have any way of finding/verifying that?

Sprint service in SouthernLinc areas currently include one CDMA 800 carrier and one 5x5 LTE 800 carrier. At least by all member reports we have seen across the area. We have not seen any evidence of missing 1x channels or any 3MHz LTE channels anywhere to date.

We currently know of no agreement and pretty much have no way to find out unless a source comes forward. But sometimes sources come forward just by reading an exchange like this. :fingers:

Maybe the S4GRU Technical Editor is able to craft a nice letter to SouthernLinc and request formal comment? ;)

Sprint service in SouthernLinc areas currently include one CDMA 800 carrier and one 5x5 LTE 800 carrier. At least by all member reports we have seen across the area. We have not seen any evidence of missing 1x channels or any 3MHz LTE channels anywhere to date.

We currently know of no agreement and pretty much have no way to find out unless a source comes forward. But sometimes sources come forward just by reading an exchange like this. :fingers:

Maybe the S4GRU Technical Editor is able to craft a nice letter to SouthernLinc and request formal comment? ;)

I am not sure that SouthernLINC comment is necessary.  In every SouthernLINC BEA in which we have been able to verify Sprint band class 10 CDMA1X on carrier channel 487 and band 26 LTE on EARFCN 8763, Sprint is operating within its own licensed and rebanded SMR 800 MHz spectrum -- just with tighter guard bands than are found elsewhere.

AJ

• Like 2

Is the thinking that in the future that once a second 1900PCS LTE channel has been deployed, Sprint will no longer be using 800 LTE on every site and use it as an overlay? Or are they going to let sleeping dogs lie?

Is the thinking that in the future that once a second 1900PCS LTE channel has been deployed, Sprint will no longer be using 800 LTE on every site and use it as an overlay? Or are they going to let sleeping dogs lie?

Sprint will put B26 on every LTE site, except for the ones it feels that it cannot.  It was originally planning just to put it on 80%.  But based on reports we have heard for the past 9 months or so, that original deployment plan is out the window.  

Robert

• Like 1

Sprint will put B26 on every LTE site, except for the ones it feels that it cannot.  It was originally planning just to put it on 80%.  But based on reports we have heard for the past 9 months or so, that original deployment plan is out the window.  

Robert

Out the window in a good way, or a bad way? :hmm:

Robert

So by putting it on every site and de-tuning it as needed they are using it as another PCS channel. Plus where the PCS sites are not correctly spaced they cover up for that deficiency. Of course if they are not correctly spaced for PCS then I imagine band41 performance might be let's say less than satisfactory.

Edited by bigsnake49

• 1 month later...

i have the original wilson sleek that i use at work, and even though its not supposed to, it does work with B26. because of this i decided to see if it works for B41 too, after my testing today it appears that it does not work with B41. I was connected to B41 with a -112 to -115 signal and no matter which way i put it in the cradle the DB did not change while on B41. i figured it wouldn't work but since it did with B26 and wasn't supposed to i figured i would give it a try just to be sure, and wanted to share my results in case anyone else was curious :)

i have the original wilson sleek that i use at work, and even though its not supposed to, it does work with B26. because of this i decided to see if it works for B41 too, after my testing today it appears that it does not work with B41. I was connected to B41 with a -112 to -115 signal and no matter which way i put it in the cradle the DB did not change while on B41. i figured it wouldn't work but since it did with B26 and wasn't supposed to i figured i would give it a try just to be sure, and wanted to share my results in case anyone else was curious :)

No way it could of worked with b41, reason it works with band 25 and band 26 is because of the proximity of the used frequencies to the "cut off" range for the wilson sleek. At least that is what makes most sense to me.

I had the Wilson 4G 460107 and it only amplified 3G on 1900mz spectrum and I know it was working because i got a 20-23 dbm increase as advertised but it would not work with band 25. I know I'm in a 4G area since I was able to pick it up 2 houses away from my place on LTE only mode with my single band GS4. So my question is does any one know why or have had the same issue with this particular model since since it's apparently supposed to work with the LTE bands of the 4 major cell carriers.

(Ver, Spr, Att, T-mo)

http://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/wilson-sleek-4g-23db-amplifier-kit-460107/

This is the link were I bout it, and still on special.

015c57ca51f5b0c541d9c04bfde10925.jpg

here is a pic of the spec sheet for this model.

I've read somewhere else that Sprint's

G Block spectrum is not supported by this model, I'm in the Riverside County specifically in Thermal, Ca and not sure what block sprint uses here.

Interesting information " Signal Boosters in the 800 MHz SMR band only once nationwide band reconfiguration is substantially 

completed. And we hereby direct the Public Safety and Homeland Security and Wireless 

Telecommunications Bureaus to determine when the nationwide reconfiguration is sufficiently complete 

to permit the use of Consumer Signal Boosters in the 800 MHz SMR band, and to issue a Public Notice 

announcing the date Consumer Signal Boosters may be used in the band.

Broadband Radio Service and Educational Broadcast Service 2.5 GHz Band. We will 

not permit the use of Consumer Signal Boosters in the BRS/EBS 2.5 GHz band at this time. Sprint 

maintains that it is in the public interest to allow signal boosters in the 2.5 GHz band.90 WCAI, however,

opposes the use of Consumer Signal Boosters use in the 2.5 GHz band.91 We generally agree with WCAI 

that the 2.5 GHz band should be exempt from Consumer Signal Boosters, at least at this time, because of

the historical license uses that have been grandfathered in the 2.5 GHz band.92 Specifically, the 2.5 GHz 

band contains legacy educational and commercial video systems that would not be compatible with the 

use of signal boosters.93 In view of the forgoing, we will not permit the use of Consumer Signal Boosters 

in the BRS/EBS 2.5 GHz band at this time." from http://www.fcc.gov/document/use-and-design-signal-boosters-report-and-order

• 4 months later...

First let me apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject and hopefully this is an OK thread to ask this question :)

i'm in a situation where all sprint signals, B25/B26/B41 have great signal on my phone outside, but as soon as you walk in the building you lose all but a weak B26 signal (building has metal sides and roof).

in a situation like this would it work to get an antenna that covers from 700Mhz to 2700Mhz and install one outside, then run a cable inside and install another antenna that covers the same frequencies inside and have it essentially "bring the signal outside, inside"? this would be without a booster/amp of any kind, just 2 antennas and a cable between them.

thanks!