New coverage map posted for 8/21 -- Changed -- 8/25

dkyeager

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=SJS:HE:Cov

Coverage map updated from 7/23 to 8/21 this morning.  Nothing new in my area.  Please check your own areas.

• Like 2

Spark is getting closer and closer to me! Which means further and further away from Baltimore!

Also, the Sprint Zone app for iphone was updated yesterday. You can now report network issues via the app.

• Like 3

For my area Cecil county Maryland this map is a total lie. If 5% is covered that would be alot.

Yeah...I live in Harford County. We have had rock solid LTE all over Bel Air for well over a year now. But drive north on 95 and nothing.

For my area Cecil county Maryland this map is a total lie. If 5% is covered that would be alot. Sensorly is your friend punch in 21915 and expand to county wide.

i started picking up band 26 but im at the elkton / newark line. Maps might become more accurate soon.

Yeah...I live in Harford County. We have had rock solid LTE all over Bel Air for well over a year now. But drive north on 95 and nothing.

zero lte in cecil county. There 3 towers need nv 1.0

Picking up lte from Delaware if your at the state line. I will be driving up thru there Sunday working of course. Last week I noticed some earlier linking up in Delaware near the toll plaza.

didnt notice anything different in my area, and we all know how bad sprint maps exaggerate the lte coverage. ..

Funny thing is we have had lte, bands 25 and 26 so I guess that would be spark, on the south side of town since May.  Still doesn't show on the map.

For my area Cecil county Maryland this map is a total lie. If 5% is covered that would be alot. Sensorly is your friend punch in 21915 and expand to county wide.

Let's not call it a lie. That's very harsh. It's more like, "So far from the truth, that it cannot be relied upon or believed in any fashion whatsoever."

Maybe make that an acronym? SFTTTICBRUOBIAFW.

Well, that's wonky. OK, how about 'not very representative of reality.' NVRR. As in never! NeVeRR!!!

Maybe lie isn't so bad after all? :)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I noticed that the Sprint coverage map is a little too optimistic compared to actual real world performance. Places that they state that are covered by LTE actually has no LTE signal in reality.

• Like 1

I noticed that the Sprint coverage map is a little too optimistic compared to actual real world performance. Places that they state that are covered by LTE actually has no LTE signal in reality.

Sprint and AT&T LTE coverage maps are just plain awful and unrealistic. They way overstate LTE coverage. Tmo is OK if you just use the darkest two colors and ignore the light colors. VZW dark red is pretty accurate outdoors. But their lighter red (Extended LTE) is also overstative, even outdoors.

• Like 2

the lte maps might reflect the cdma 800 :lol:

Of course, because that makes a lot of sense!

I looked at the map of a friend's house who can hardly make a call without his Airave. It says "fair" voice coverage but LTE is "best". He definitely cannot get LTE there.

Let's not call it a lie. That's very harsh. It's more like, "So far from the truth, that it cannot be relied upon or believed in any fashion whatsoever."

Maybe make that an acronym? SFTTTICBRUOBIAFW.

Well, that's wonky. OK, how about 'not very representative of reality.' NVRR. As in never! NeVeRR!!!

Maybe lie isn't so bad after all? :)

Changed it to scuttlebutt.

• Like 1

The one area that Sprint understates on these maps is "new" LTE coverage in unlaunched markets - both Columbus and Cincinnati have extensive LTE coverage which is not shown on these maps.  LTE is also being tuned and added in these markets.

Changed it to scuttlebutt.

You didn't need to change it. I was just making a joke.

The Austin map is laughable. There are plenty of LTE holes even on highways in town/outdoors. Also interesting that my Nexus 5 isn't listed as a Spark device.

Yeah I noticed that as well, strange.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk