Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

You can stream Tidal on Verizon. But because you have unlimited usage for Tidal on Tmo, you do it. That's the frickin' point. Thank you again for making his point.

I never ever said that Verizon doesn't offer streaming on Tidal. What I said was they don't offer the same Music Freedom program that T-Mobile does. Verizon counts Tidal streaming as data use whereas T-Mobile doesn't.

I should also add that the device I'm using on T-Mobile has limited storage. Since the Sony Xperia Z4v will have much more than my current device, the Sony having 32gb will be plenty for those large FLAC files.

Yep.  It is people like you who are ruining unlimited data.  We can't have nice things.   :)

• Like 10

I should also add that the device I'm using on T-Mobile has limited storage. Since the Sony Xperia Z4v will have much more than my current device, the Sony having 32gb will be plenty for those large FLAC files.

• Like 5

I never ever said that Verizon doesn't offer streaming on Tidal. What I said was they don't offer the same Music Freedom program that T-Mobile does. Verizon counts Tidal streaming as data use whereas T-Mobile doesn't.

Yes, that's my point.  Thanks for making the point at least 3x.  Keep it going.

• Like 7

Tidal has some much music on it, I couldn't possibly download everything there. The point of Tidal is mainly there to stream music from a catalog of music while a person is searching through it to discover music to listen to at that moment. T-Mobile essentially encourages this use by offering Tidal as part of its Music Freedom program.

And Music Freedom services -- such as Tidal at approximately 250 MB per hour -- are still exempt from the now instituted 21 GB "soft cap"?  What is the verdict on that?

If the answer is yes, T-Mobile cannot get out of its own way.  It is reaping what it has sown.

AJ

• Like 15

Do what everyone else does and set up a play list.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I may end up doing that when I switch to Verizon. I'm still unsure of the plan I'll get, depending on cost factors at the time the device comes out. I have to work it out with my mother as this technically is her line, not my own.

I may end up doing that when I switch to Verizon. I'm still unsure of the plan I'll get, depending on cost factors at the time the device comes out. I have to work it out with my mother as this technically is her line, not my own.

I think that might be the 5th time you made our point.  Now, on Verizon, you will.  You will.

• Like 6

And Music Freedom services -- such as Tidal at approximately 250 MB per hour -- are still exempt from the now instituted 21 GB "soft cap"? What is the verdict on that?

If the answer is yes, T-Mobile cannot get out of its own way. It is reaping what it has sown.

AJ

AJ makes the best point here.

This is what T-Mobile offers, so it should expect what it gets for it. I'm only using what T-Mobile is offering.

Now for those such as Robert who won't take a moment of their time to even try understanding my side of things, as I sent him a link of my story from the Chicago Tribune a few years ago he hasn't read, yet continues to blame me for usage my mother is paying for while I'm barely trying to stay alive here, my data usage has gone down below 11gb per month - Tidal included, a number I get from my device, not my T-Mobile account.

Please stop arguing with me about this and move on.

And Music Freedom services -- such as Tidal at approximately 250 MB per hour -- are still exempt from the now instituted 21 GB "soft cap"? What is the verdict on that?

If the answer is yes, T-Mobile cannot get out of its own way. It is reaping what it has sown.

AJ

Between not counting ePeen speed tests and music streaming against the cap, I can't imagine how many guns are trained at TMO's foot, ready to shoot.

But it's ok, they have Wideband.

• Like 5

Between not counting ePeen speed tests and music streaming against the cap, I can't imagine how many guns are trained at TMO's foot, ready to shoot.

When I was composing my post, I was debating relevant aphorisms -- either "reap…sow" or "shoot itself…foot."  I went with the former.  But between your post and mine, we have both covered.

AJ

• Like 4

But what is the answer to the question?

I am not trying to be glib, just legitimately curious.  And I did not see a definitive answer among the rabble, rabble in the recent TmoNews thread.

Do currently whitelisted services -- such as music streaming and speed tests -- count toward the 21 GB number or not?

AJ

• Like 2

This is what T-Mobile offers, so it should expect what it gets for it. I'm only using what T-Mobile is offering.

Now for those such as Robert who won't take a moment of their time to even try understanding my side of things, as I sent him a link of my story from the Chicago Tribune a few years ago he hasn't read, yet continues to blame me for usage my mother is paying for while I'm barely trying to stay alive here, my data usage has gone down below 11gb per month - Tidal included, a number I get from my device, not my T-Mobile account.

KeepCalmStudio.com-5BCrown-5D-Keep-Calm-

• Like 5

But what is the answer to the question?

I am not trying to be glib, just legitimately curious. And I did not see a definitive answer among the rabble, rabble in the recent TmoNews thread.

Do currently whitelisted services -- such as music streaming and speed tests -- count toward the 21 GB number or not?

AJ

I was referring to the point of T-Mobile reaping what they've sown.

However, this new 21gb soft cap I'm not sure if Music Freedom counts against it or not.

I may end up doing that when I switch to Verizon.

But why not start doing that now on T-Mobile? That's our point. Unlimited doesn't mean you have the right to bring a network to its knees. When you run a speed test and get 30 Mbps, that means that ALL the users on that sector are sharing those 30 Mbps! Thats 30 Mbps to share with hundreds of users in some urban areas.

All T-Mobile and Sprint ask is to be considerate about your unlimited usage. For the most part, it's fine if you use 5, 10, or 15 GB just as long it's not done like your doing it; ALL AT ONCE. Nobody likes that fat dude that hogs all the Orange Chicken at a Chinese buffet...samething here.

• Like 5

But why not start doing that now on T-Mobile? That's our point. Unlimited doesn't mean you have the right to bring a network to its knees. When you run a speed test and get 30 Mbps, that means that ALL the users on that sector are sharing those 30 Mbps! Thats 30 Mbps to share with hundreds of users in some urban areas.

All T-Mobile and Sprint ask is to be considerate about your unlimited usage. For the most part, it's fine if you use 5, 10, or 15 GB just as long it's not done like your doing it; ALL AT ONCE. Nobody likes that fat dude that hogs all the Orange Chicken at a Chinese

buffet...samething here.

I mentioned later my device has limited capacity to store much, but you do make a good point.

Take a moment?  I've spent many moments...hours in fact, dealing with you and the fallout therein.  I understand you...completely.  Oh, I understand.  This is not about me 'not understanding.'  Not one iota.

• Like 8

Is T-Mobile getting overconfident because they got all the postpaid growth of Q1 2015? It's a question that needs to be asked.

T-Mobile deserves a LOT of credit for their network side, I'll be the first to admit it. That said, at what point does DT step in and say "ENOUGH"?!? Even though the network policy itself is fine, and I think Neville Ray deserves a lot of credit for that, I think the PR and marketing side has completely flipped the bit in my book. The best thing for T-Mobile to do would be to apologize and clarify about a shift from unlimited to all you can eat without overages that is sustainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Nobody likes that fat dude that hogs all the Orange Chicken at a Chinese buffet...samething here.

Wait!  But I really like Orange Chicken.  I left the crusties and extra sauce in the bottom of the serving pan.  All the rest of you can share that.  It says all I can eat, damn it!!!

• Like 4

Take a moment? I've spent many moments...hours in fact, dealing with you and the fallout therein. I understand you...completely. Oh, I understand. This is not about me not understanding. Not one iota.

Then Robert unless you need to respond to me about an official matter, such as a policy violation, please don't respond to me otherwise. I'll show the same respect to you also. Clearly we always disagree with each other and end up fighting in theads towards on another.

Is T-Mobile getting overconfident because they got all the postpaid growth of Q1 2015? It's a question that needs to be asked.

T-Mobile deserves a LOT of credit for their network side, I'll be the first to admit it. That said, at what point does DT step in and say "ENOUGH"?!? Even though the network policy itself is fine, and I think Neville Ray deserves a lot of credit for that, I think the PR and marketing side has completely flipped the bit in my book. The best thing for T-Mobile to do would be to apologize and clarify about a shift from unlimited to all you can eat without overages that is sustainable.

Probably to an extent. John got slapped down hard by the FCC today. As we've been discussing at great length the past few months here the growth at T-Mobile is ultimately going to come to a head with their limited spectrum options; hence their impassioned plea to the FCC (they really really need 600 Mhz spectrum) that got soundly rebuffed today in part due to the PR marketing over the top BS. Compound that with the fact that by most accounts DT still would like to offload them for the right price and the future isn't exactly bright for magenta.

• Like 4

T-Mobile deserves a LOT of credit for their network side, I'll be the first to admit it. That said, at what point does DT step in and say "ENOUGH"?!? Even though the network policy itself is fine, and I think Neville Ray deserves a lot of credit for that, I think the PR and marketing side has completely flipped the bit in my book.

Are you saying that John Legere and Mike Sievert go over the top?  No, that cannot be.  Both of those fine gentlemen are role models of restraint and professionalism.

AJ

• Like 3

This isn't for you to decide.

-A member of the "evil" volunteer staff of this site.

All I'm asking for is to end arguments to my posts. I'm not trying to stop others from posting whatever they want to post to each other, as that certainly isn't my prerogative nor my right, but I certainly have the right to ask someone to stop messaging to me when it gets excessive.