Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Are you saying that John Legere and Mike Sievert go over the top? No, that cannot be. Both of those fine gentlemen are role models of restraint and professionalism.

AJ

If their lack of restraint costs DT a buyout then you can bet the shit will hit the fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All I'm asking for is to end arguments to my posts. I'm not trying to stop others from posting whatever they want to post to each other, as that certainly isn't my prerogative nor my right, but I certainly have the right to ask someone to stop messaging to me when it gets excessive.

Responding to your posts is not the same as messaging to you.  Rather, those responses are messages about your points to the entire community.

So, no, S4GRU will not grant your request.  This is a community forum.  We like that you are part of the community, but if you do not wish to receive some member responses to your posts, then you should not post.

AJ

• Like 3

If their lack of restraint costs DT a buyout then you can bet the shit will hit the fan.

Interesting thought if their personalities could lose them a merger.

Please stop arguing with me about this and move on.

I tolerate a lot from you.  More than I would from most.  I don't even dislike you.  You have learned a lot since you came to S4GRU.  I am quite proud that we haven't chased you off and we make an effort to keep plugging away with building your knowledge level of networks.  Even if it is cause for significant frustration at times.

However, I will continue to debate you.  When you keep making posts about a subject, and I disagree with you, I will keep debating my point.  I will not accept a demand from you to stop arguing with you.  You either need to concede my point, offer a debating idea that proves your point, or you can just stop talking about the subject and hope it fades away.

Intellectual debate may not be for you.  You need to accept that people are going to disagree with you here, you need to accept criticism of your opinions, and you need to be open to being technically incorrect.  You will need to have thicker skin to hang out here.  You're welcome to stay, but you're going to have to toughen up.  

But you cannot come into my house and tell me to stop arguing, right in the middle of a post while you are arguing with me.  It's not going to happen.  That's not how it works.  That's not how any of this works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlJ20Irn0fw

• Like 14

Responding to your posts is not the same as messaging to you. Rather, those responses are messages about your points to the entire community.

So, no, S4GRU will not grant your request. This is a community forum. We like that you are part of the community, but if you do not wish to receive some member responses to your posts, then you should not post.

AJ

AJ,

Your responses to me, even in disagreement have been fair and non-arguementative. I'm only addressing one person's responses and asking them to please stop arguing an issue I was trying to drop. Can we all just move on from this now.

As the Bible said, "Thou who cureth can maketh ill."

Now, bonus points for who said it.

AJ

• Like 1

Probably to an extent. John got slapped down hard by the FCC today. As we've been discussing at great length the past few months here the growth at T-Mobile is ultimately going to come to a head with their limited spectrum options; hence their impassioned plea to the FCC (they really really need 600 Mhz spectrum) that got soundly rebuffed today in part due to the PR marketing over the top BS. Compound that with the fact that by most accounts DT still would like to offload them for the right price and the future isn't exactly bright for magenta.

IIRC many people (me included) figured T-Mobile's strategy would prove unsustainable and were surprised it was working so well. Maybe the train is slowing down. It would be a shame, they've done a lot for the industry.
  • Like 2

You can bet your bottom dollar that Brian Roberts and Charlie are watching John Legere very closely. Of course there's also the possibility that he could back down. If he becomes a suit again that wouldn't shock me either. He may have to at some point.

But, if the reserve is only 30 MHz in markets that are fully cleared, then that means T-Mobile has caused this auction to backfire for everyone else other than the duopoly. Lobbying for this should have been a team effort - especially between Sprint, SoftBank, U.S. Cellular, and T-Mobile. Instead we have this garbage.

This again brings up the Sprint/T-Mobile merger possibility. I mean, if the FCC didn't give T-Mobile what it wanted, and they get put in a place of spectrum scarcity, then DT has to crawl back to the table. In the short run, T-Mobile has another year or maybe two of smooth sailing. What happens when a GOP administration takes over? They're completely shut out.

• Like 5

As the Bible said, "Thou who cureth can maketh ill."

Now, bonus points for who said it.

AJ

I believe the answer is Kramer. (It's not in the Bible).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Oh and Arsyn, I tried sticking up for you here, but you can't tell the Chiefs of any tribe what to do. In the real world that's an express ticket to the unemployment line.

• Like 6

If I were Tim Hottges I'd have Claudia Nemat on speed dial if needed so she could run the U.S. business instead of Eastern Europe.

• Like 1

I believe the answer is Kramer. (It's not in the Bible).

Cosmo Kramer!

That is the beauty of the quote and the question.

Regardless, you win the Internet today.

AJ

• Like 5

I tolerate a lot from you. More than I would from most. I don't even dislike you. You have learned a lot since you came to S4GRU. I am quite proud that we haven't chased you off and we make an effort to keep plugging away with building your knowledge level of networks. Even if it is cause for significant frustration at times.

However, I will continue to debate you. When you keep making posts about a subject, and I disagree with you, I will keep debating my point. I will not accept a demand from you to stop arguing with you. You either need to concede my point, offer a debating idea that proves your point, or you can just stop talking about the subject and hope it fades away.

Intellectual debate may not be for you. You need to accept that people are going to disagree with you here, you need to accept criticism of your opinions, and you need to be open to being technically incorrect. You will need to have thicker skin to hang out here. You're welcome to stay, but you're going to have to toughen up.

But you cannot come into my house and tell me to stop arguing, right in the middle of a post while you are arguing with me. It's not going to happen. That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

Robert, I do respect you and your site. I'm glad for your kind words about me here. I just don't like arguing points that I never really intended to have as a debate. I posted meerely to explain my own reasons for my own usage.

Oh and Arsyn, I tried sticking up for you here, but you can't tell the Chiefs of any tribe what to do. In the real world that's an express ticket to the unemployment line.

Get in line! LOL.

(I swear, as soon as I find a job, I'll donate guys)

• Like 2

Robert, I do respect you and your site. I'm glad for your kind words about me here. I just don't like arguing points that I never really intended to have as a debate. I posted meerely to explain my own reasons for my own usage.

Then stop arguing! SHUT UP!!!

• Like 8

Then stop arguing! SHUT UP!!!

And never pet a barking dog.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

I think we are to a point nothing new is being said and it can be dropped.  Carry on.

• Like 3

AYE!

Now back on topic!

Anyone think this will be the quarter where T-mobile passes Sprint in subscriber numbers?

Think I read that Sprint expects some 200K adds while Tmobile is like 700k+. 

Might be the fire that lights Sprint up especially now that they're finally deploying 2nd B41 carriers along with carrier aggregation and LTE Advance software. 

• Like 5

AYE!

Now back on topic!

Anyone think this will be the quarter where T-mobile passes Sprint in subscriber numbers?

Considering this 21gb soft cap stuff, most likely yes.

AYE!

Now back on topic!

Possibly. But it appears (in my anecdotal experience) that public perception is beginning to turn around. So if it does happen, it might not last long.
  • Like 2

We'll see what happens. Long-term I don't think it matters much. Short-term Legere will blow a wad if it happens. Here is what you read, a Fierce Article citing a Wells Fargo analytical note. http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-sprint-showing-positive-momentum-postpaid-subscriber-additions-q2/2015-06-25

We'll see what happens. Long-term I don't think it matters much. Short-term Legere will blow a wad if it happens. Here is what you read, a Fierce Article citing a Wells Fargo analytical note. http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-sprint-showing-positive-momentum-postpaid-subscriber-additions-q2/2015-06-25

And already we're hearing from the familiar suspects. These people can't take my advice to... 

• Like 1