Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

This plan is targeting those "on the brink" Verizon and AT&T customers who see twice the data for the same or cheaper price and feel that is valuable for them. I think that the individual line plan will be competitive towards T-Mobile.

As long as they get service...
  • Like 1

This is a targeted play to poach AT&T and Verizon customers who are looking to get out of their contracts. It's a mindshare game that Sprint is trying to play, and I think it'll be really effective for a few reasons.

• John Legere went mental on Twitter over this. (Of course, he'd trash the plan if Sprint gave away free triband feature phones and a flat-rate $30/mo unlimited everything deal, but that's besides the point.) Now people are going to look at Sprint against T-Mobile when they evaluate their mobile carrier options. Thanks to Legere's hard work trashing the duopoloy, AT&T's customers probably can't stand Verizon, and Verizon's customers can't stand AT&T. May as well split the difference and piggyback off of Legere's fowl mouth and "disruptive" tactics.
  • Legere's Tweets read like the guy who's bluffing at a poker game. I'm not sure that T-Mobile is done 'disrupting,' but they've got to be nearing the end of what they can offer new customers and still turn around a profit/keep upgrading their network. If they end up matching - or beating - this new plan in a few day's time, that reeks of desperation.
  • This is just the beginning. I'm confident that this was a trial balloon to flood the system with new subscribers before the iPhone 6 is launched – the dates of this promotion run two weeks beyond the 'launch weekend' for the iPhone 6; and, if there's one thing that iPhone users are good at, it's running up large amounts of data.
This is the most compelling chart:

Limited-Offer-Switch-to-Sprint42.jpg

(As an aside, clean that chart up, Sprint. This ain't 1997 internet - we can handle a PNG or higher-quality JPG)

• Like 6

Legere would be happy to read this thread. That's all I can say based from the negativity coming from some of these comments.

And for those of you saying the network isn't working and you're tired of being disappointed... Here's an idea. Leave. Go to one that works for you. I mean that in the nicest way possible. If sprint hadn't improved 10x since I moved here, I would've hopped onto tmobile and enjoyed me some orlando wideband LTE. But I stuck it out, and it was worth it.

This bickering. It's annoying. Not what this forum is for.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 6

This is a targeted play to poach AT&T and Verizon customers who are looking to get out of their contracts. It's a mindshare game that Sprint is trying to play, and I think it'll be really effective for a few reasons.

1. John Legere went mental on Twitter over this. (Of course, he'd trash the plan if Sprint gave away free triband feature phones and a flat-rate $30/mo unlimited everything deal, but that's besides the point.) Now people are going to look at Sprint against T-Mobile when they evaluate their mobile carrier options. Thanks to Legere's hard work trashing the duopoloy, AT&T's customers probably can't stand Verizon, and Verizon's customers can't stand AT&T. May as well split the difference and piggyback off of Legere's fowl mouth and "disruptive" tactics.
  2. Legere's Tweets read like the guy who's bluffing at a poker game. I'm not sure that T-Mobile is done 'disrupting,' but they've got to be nearing the end of what they can offer new customers and still turn around a profit/keep upgrading their network. If they end up matching - or beating - this new plan in a few day's time, that reeks of desperation. 
  3. This is just the beginning. I'm confident that this was a trial balloon to flood the system with new subscribers before the iPhone 6 is launched – the dates of this promotion run two weeks beyond the 'launch weekend' for the iPhone 6; and, if there's one thing that iPhone users are good at, it's running up large amounts of data.

FINALLY! You said perfectly what I was trying to say.

• Like 2

Not impressed with new plans.  They are okay but I don't see people flocking to Sprint for this.  You might be disappointed by some of the fine print.  See some of the fine print from the Sprint website below.

"...Usage Limitations: Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB. Prohibited network use rules apply — see sprint.com/terms and conditions...." 

The good news is you can use your phones hotspot without an additional monthly fee and the data comes from family plan.

I like this plan over framily however they aren't disruptive. They are competitive but again I don't see a great value in them especially for grabbing AT&T & Verizon customers and even Tmobile.

Hopefully the individual plans are competitive 

• Like 1

I like this plan over framily however they aren't disruptive. They are competitive but again I don't see a great value in them especially for grabbing AT&T & Verizon customers and even Tmobile.

I'd call undercutting AT&T & Verizon by $60 a month (37.5% cheaper/month) with double the data on equivalent plans disruptive, but to each their own.

• Like 3

Hopefully the individual plans are competitive 

I agree!

How about something like this, which would be much simpler. Max 10 devices on a personal account (unlimited on corporate accounts). Tablets and mobile data devices are $15/mo. Phones are $25/mo (because they have talk/text too). Data bundles are as follows 2Gb=$20, 4GB=$40, 8GB=$60, 16Gb=$80, 32GB=$100. 64GB=$150 (Business accounts will pay a fixed linear cost per Gb and not have any limit on number of lines/devices). Since you now have data buckets, not extra charge to use tetheringAll discounting will occur on the per line fees (e.g. 10% discount will save you $2.50 on each of your phones and $1.50 per tablet/modem. And NO more phone subsidies, but Sprint/Brightstar should still offer some kind of insurance.

Not impressed with new plans.  They are okay but I don't see people flocking to Sprint for this.  You might be disappointed by some of the fine print.  See some of the fine print from the Sprint website below.

Uh, you mean the same fine print that has been in place for a year?  This is nothing new.

AJ

• Like 5

And for those of you saying the network isn't working and you're tired of being disappointed... Here's an idea. Leave. Go to one that works for you. I mean that in the nicest way possible. If sprint hadn't improved 10x since I moved here, I would've hopped onto tmobile and enjoyed me some orlando wideband LTE. But I stuck it out, and it was worth it.

This. Exactly this.

Think back a year - where was your market? In St. Louis, we had maybe 30 Band 25 towers, and very spotty coverage that dotted the interstate.

Now we have Clear sites flipped for Band 41, a gangbusters Band 26 deployment (which has yet to be fully optimized, but still), and really great Band 25 coverage.

There are still some large holes in coverage, but the moves we've made in a year are astounding. We read this forum every day (many of us multiple times per day) and see the incremental progress as two slow - but pull back your lens and look at this in quarterly increments. It's crazy.

• Like 4

Last year this time my market was completely unusable. It was so bad that I had to find this forum to actually convince myself to stay with sprint.

Again, it was worth it. And if it's not working for any one of you guys, I encourage you to go to at least tmobile. You may not have the best outside of city coverage or indoor coverage, but it'll work while sprint gets better in your area.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Also, can we please stop armchair CEO-ing new plans? Sprint most likely has a room of accountants looking at all sorts of actuarial tables to offer feasible plans that meet the number one goal of any corporation: to make money for the shareholders.

• Like 5

To everyone that keeps up the "but the network sucks!" stuff, if the network is that bad, Sprint can't make it cheap enough to be worth it to join. What is the magic price for a network that sucks? $20 and you are ok with a crap network? $30? $40?

The point is, customers are getting 2x as much for the same price as the competitors. They can't make it free, but they can add more value to what you are paying for. No revenue = no network. They need to turn a profit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Alright...obviously many of us have opinions (myself included obviously). I really am starting to see the benefit of these plans, but I really wish they didn't move without making ALL their announcements. They should have had everything in order first (single lines, network announcements, etc). Not this piecemeal stuff.

Overall this plan is a good value for some folks. I know some folks on old ATT family plans paying over $250 a month for 4 lines...this plan would be excellent for them. I have 8 family members on a framily plan, many of which don't use much data (I pay $20 for unlimited). So for mine and my wife's lines, I'm paying $70...it's great. I'm not super satisfied with Sprint coverage, but it's a good value for us.

• Like 3

I just want a loyalty program. I miss it. Got Nextel in 2001 and have been with Sprint/Nextel the entire time. Throw me a bone, somewhere. Something that says thanks. Like when I could upgrade once per year, or when public safety could upgrade anytime (well, that was insane, so no worries that it never returns) .

• Like 13

i wouldn't be surprised if they just drop the recruiting stuff and everybody goes to $25 a month with the options for $10 for 3 GB and $20 for unlimited. 

Im thinking that and that makes the most sense but we shall see.

I just hope they incorporate hotspot on their individual plans instead making it separate.

maybe for customers who want unlimited data, should get at least 2gb of hotspot included with their plan