Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I think one thing is going unnoticed with this new pricing.  The price for 1 line is going up again to $75 from $70.

Yeah, I noticed they didn't list the price of the single line in the bulleted list at the beginning of the press release; they just listed "lowest price among all national carriers for a single line." Sprint probably doesn't want to highlight the fact that they're raising the price of a single line for the second time in about four months, At least they're adding 3GB of hotspot this time, which basically offsets the extra $5.

Yeah, I noticed they didn't list the price of the single line in the bulleted list at the beginning of the press release; they just listed "lowest price among all national carriers for a single line." Sprint probably doesn't want to highlight the fact that they're raising the price of a single line for the second time in about four months, At least they're adding 3GB of hotspot this time, which basically offsets the extra $5.

The 3GB hotspot is on the $70 plan now.

• Like 3

Think existing customers can get on this plan?

If you are getting a loyalty credit on your device leases now, then don't switch as you will lose the loyalty credit when you change plans.  If you are not, then seems like a reasonable deal. 

• Like 2

The 3GB hotspot is on the $70 plan now.

Oh, I didn't realize the plan already included it. So I guess it is a straight price increase then.

Oh, I didn't realize the plan already included it. So I guess it is a straight price increase then.

But a price decrease if you have 4 lines... relative to the 2 Unlimited Lines for $100/month and each additional line for $40 Plan. Four lines on that plan was $180/month and no hotspot.

Four lines on this new plan is $150/month with 3 GB hotspot. In fact, you can get another line for $30/month... so five lines for the old price for four... and you can keep adding lines up to having a total of 10 lines total.

Imagine being on that Family Plan... even better than Framily Unlimited Pricing.

• Like 4

I actually just changed to it.  I had the old $80 450 plan (I also am on a lease).  I want to get the $70 price before it changes.

But a price decrease if you have 4 lines... relative to the 2 Unlimited Lines for $100/month and each additional line for $40 Plan. Four lines on that plan was $180/month and no hotspot.

Four lines on this new plan is $150/month with 3 GB hotspot. In fact, you can get another line for $30/month... so five lines for the old price for four.

Yes, it is a price decrease for 4 lines.

So current customers can switch to this plan?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just did.  I wasn't technically under a "contract" anymore since I started leasing my phone in December.  My contract (with my old phone) was suppose to end in July.

• Like 1

Hmmm would that be a good move to make to the 70 plan since I'm on the unlimited my way....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm would that be a good move to make to the 70 plan since I'm on the unlimited my way....

You'll lose your "Unlimited Guarantee" if you move....

You also won't be able to do 2 Year Contracts.

If you have a Loyalty Credit on a Lease, you'll lose that as well.

You may wind up saving money, but keep these things in mind.

• Like 1

You'll lose your "Unlimited Guarantee" if you move....

I know that's my hang up. But to will sprint kick people off their $70 and other legacy unlimited plans 5 or whatever years down the road minus my plan? I think I need to just play it safe with this one but that tethering is tempting for that price point.

I know that's my hang up. But to will sprint kick people off their $70 and other legacy unlimited plans 5 or whatever years down the road minus my plan? I think I need to just play it safe with this one but that tethering is tempting for that price point.

I don't know. No carrier has forced anyone off their unlimited plan. They have instituted price hikes but that is not precluded by your unlimited guarantee.

People on reddit are reporting their $50 unl plan increased to $60 and they appear to not have been notified.  It's probably posted on their previous bill.

People on reddit are reporting their $50 unl plan increased to $60 and they appear to not have been notified. It's probably posted on their previous bill.

Oh wow. I think I'll stay put

hmmm I'm already on the Family Share pack of 160GB for $130 a month. But this new plan is quite enticing, price wise. I like that it is unlimited but the only thing I am not certain of is whether the 3GB Hotspot is per line or in total which all lines can tap into. 

I did a quick compare of what I have with this new plan.

NewUnlimitedvsFamilyShare.png

In my case, while the per line for the Family Share ends up being $32.50 per line as oppose to $37.50 for the new plan, the new plan in the long run is cheaper since there is no per line fee of $15 for data access . So my total cost ends up being $92.50. Even if I apply the 19% employee discount, it is still double per month than this new plan.  :blink:

But again, my only hesitation before jumping on this new plan is that hotspot amount. I already use about 7.9 GB each on 3 lines, totaling about 22.5GB. If its 3GB per line, then I can possibly cut back on using my laptop, but if it is just 3GB to use among as many devices, then that won't work for me.

I wonder if there is a hotspot add on that can be added to this new plan. 

TS

• Like 2

hmmm I'm already on the Family Share pack of 160GB for $130 a month. But this new plan is quite enticing, price wise. I like that it is unlimited but the only thing I am not certain of is whether the 3GB Hotspot is per line or in total which all lines can tap into. 

I did a quick compare of what I have with this new plan.

NewUnlimitedvsFamilyShare.png

In my case, while the per line for the Family Share ends up being $32.50 per line as oppose to $37.50 for the new plan, the new plan in the long run is cheaper since there is no per line fee of $15 for data access . So my total cost ends up being $92.50. Even if I apply the 19% employee discount, it is still double per month than this new plan.  :blink:

But again, my only hesitation before jumping on this new plan is that hotspot amount. I already use about 7.9 GB each on 3 lines, totaling about 22.5GB. If its 3GB per line, then I can possibly cut back on using my laptop, but if it is just 3GB to use among as many devices, then that won't work for me.

I wonder if there is a hotspot add on that can be added to this new plan. 

TS

I believe it's 3GB of Hotspot per line. As I understand it, it's throttled to 2G once you hit it. No overages.

• Like 1