Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Marcelo didn't reference any brand name change. And the question didn't ask about a brand name change. Over reading. Question was about colors or logo change. And Marcelo consulted lilotimz and received authorization to use soon™.

• Like 9

Marcelo didn't reference any brand name change. And the question didn't ask about a brand name change. Over reading. Question was about colors or logo change. And Marcelo consulted lilotimz and received authorization to use soon™.

That's definitey one way to look at it...not the only way though. Sprints brand name is pretty tarnished (evidenced by the recent write down). Nobody said they were changing their name soon...but certainly none of us know their plans. Unless of course Marcelo is on these forums ????

• Like 1

That's definitey one way to look at it...not the only way though. Sprints brand name is pretty tarnished (evidenced by the recent write down). Nobody said they were changing their name soon...but certainly none of us know their plans. Unless of course Marcelo is on these forums ????

I would be shocked if Sprint changed its name. I just don't see it in the cards.

The only caveat I would add is if they end up buying out a Super Regional, perhaps a name change could occur. Say, USCC. Not so much taking on the name of the bought out company, but perhaps taking both companies to new identity. But I still think even that is not likely.

But this is just one man's opinion and as valid as all the rest.

• Like 5

I would be OK with a gradual approach to this. And honestly, if I'm sitting here in any position to advise Sprint I'd say rebuild retail experience and customer care first. There's already network progress. However, there's the segment of people who feel burned because Sprint got burned and people got sick of waiting. It will take a lot to neutralize these people. After my bad experience with AT&T it took me four years to even reconsider my stance on them somewhat. Not to mention a metric ton of tower upgrades to a dying ATN.

I would be shocked if Sprint changed its name. I just don't see it in the cards.

The only caveat I would add is if they end up buying out a Super Regional, perhaps a name change could occur. Say, USCC. Not so much taking on the name of the bought out company, but perhaps taking both companies to new identity. But I still think even that is not likely.

But this is just one man's opinion and as valid as all the rest.

I don't think a name change is in the cards either...but it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Maybe a Spark name ala Xfinity brand?

• Like 2

I would be OK with a gradual approach to this. And honestly, if I'm sitting here in any position to advise Sprint I'd say rebuild retail experience and customer care first. There's already network progress. However, there's the segment of people who feel burned because Sprint got burned and people got sick of waiting. It will take a lot to neutralize these people. After my bad experience with AT&T it took me four years to even reconsider my stance on them somewhat. Not to mention a metric ton of tower upgrades to a dying ATN.

sprint shouldn't do a name change until it's not last in all rootmetric markets otherwise itll be viewed as a false start.

i've gotta say, as a tmo fanboy, i'm impressed with sprint adding 25mil 2.5 coverage in one month.

• Like 1

Marcelo is a futbol guy -- it would probably be PCS United, keeping with tradition. :)

Don't remind him about that.... don't need him to smite Sacramento and Minnesota when Miami doesn't get chosen for the next MLS expansion cities...

• Like 1

See: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article9624833.html

From The Article:

The shakeup at Sprint Corp. continues with apparent plans to update or change its familiar yellow logo.

Word of a pending action came early Sunday in a wee-hours tweet (source: https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/564315007970594817) by chief executive Marcelo Claure. He responded to a question about whether Sprint is “ever going to” update to a new logo or color.

Claure’s reply: “good question....soon..Stay tuned.”

• Like 1

Don't remind him about that.... don't need him to smite Sacramento and Minnesota when Miami doesn't get chosen for the next MLS expansion cities...

Apparently STL is on the list of the last round of expansion in a few years. All we have to do is keep our USL Pro team afloat with decent attendance and we can get the Orlando treatment (provided we have a stadium lined up).

• Like 2

Apparently STL is on the list of the last round of expansion in a few years. All we have to do is keep our USL Pro team afloat with decent attendance and we can get the Orlando treatment (provided we have a stadium lined up).

Can Claure and Beckham buy the Rams? I wish Kroenke would be forced to sell. Then the new stadium could house MLS and the NFL.

• Like 2

Can Claure and Beckham buy the Rams? I wish Kroenke would be forced to sell. Then the new stadium could house MLS and the NFL.

Off topic but Garber and Co doesn't want shared stadiums with cramped dimensions and turf. They're predominately looking at soccer specific stadiums located in downtown areas.

Ie railyards just north of downtown Sacramento

You mean the new stadium in LA?

:P

AJ

It would be nice if they stuck with the yellow/black, gold/charcoal gray style.

From a marketing standpoint, the human brain remembers yellow on black before any other color combination.

Even I saw a better a customer response from doing my own marketing research two years ago and changing my business colors and using white and gold on black. It sticks with people better than other colors and combinations. 

• Like 3

Off topic but Garber and Co doesn't want shared stadiums with cramped dimensions and turf. They're predominately looking at soccer specific stadiums located in downtown areas.

Ie railyards just north of downtown Sacramento

Garber has been meeting with the St. Louis stadium task force about the dual-use riverfront stadium - I think it's a go, if we can build it. I'd love to keep a NFL franchise downtown and add a MLS team, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It would be nice if they stuck with the yellow/black, gold/charcoal gray style.

From a marketing standpoint, the human brain remembers yellow on black before any other color combination.

Even I saw a better a customer response from doing my own marketing research two years ago and changing my colors and using white and gold on black. It sticks with people better than other colors. 

Gold on black are my school's colors too, so there's that.  ^_^

That would be Kroenke's project. Nice trolling attempt. :lol:

You know what I mean, Ryan.  The stadium where the Rams will be playing in Southern California in the next 3-4 years.

Los Angeles giveth, and Los Angeles taketh away.

The chances of the Rams staying in St. Louis are slim to none.

Sorry...

AJ

You know what I mean, Ryan.  The stadium where the Rams will be playing in Southern California in the next 3-4 years.

Los Angeles giveth, and Los Angeles taketh away.

The chances of the Rams staying in St. Louis are slim to none.

Sorry...

AJ

I understand that, but it doesn't bother me other than the local impact on the economy. I'm a Bears fan (which is almost as bad right now.)

I understand that, but it doesn't bother me other than the local impact on the economy. I'm a Bears fan (which is almost as bad right now.)

Other than a token Super Bowl appearance, the Bears have been bad basically since they installed that spaceship abomination inside the carcass of Soldier Field.  Hmm, coincidence?  I do not know what the city, the team, and the architects were thinking.

AJ

• Like 2

Other than a token Super Bowl appearance, the Bears have been bad basically since they installed that spaceship abomination inside the carcass of Soldier Field.  Hmm, coincidence?  I do not know what the city, the team, and the architects were thinking.

AJ

And it's way too small for the largest single team NFL city, that's the kicker. The architects, city, and team were smoking herb when they designed that. 

• Like 2

As much as I criticize Sprint's lackluster marketing.... I will admit "Yellow" is not the problem... Its easily Identifiable, all carriers are identified by their colors, Red = V, Blue = T, Yellow = S, Pink = Legere.  

One thing I didn't like was Sprint getting away from bold simple Yellow/Black/White theme in Framily/Frobinson - Era, with Yellow on light Blue and other secondary colors.... NO, NO NO NO. Stick to what works.  

As for the "Sprint" name, I think it can still be salvaged, but time is running out .... Tech Blogs, Media, Forums are slaughtering this brand every minute of everyday ... A hype has built around Hating on Sprint and its everywhere on the internet... Its not going to be easy for Sprint to clean up.. After fixing the network itself, branding, marketing, reputation will be the 2nd biggest expenditure for S in its turnaround.... Marcelo's marketing is going to have to combat the negative hatred that has marinated throughout the interwebs which lets be honest is almost a Marketing campaign in and of itself. 

• Like 4

As much as I criticize Sprint's lackluster marketing.... I will admit "Yellow" is not the problem... Its easily Identifiable, all carriers are identified by their colors, Red = V, Blue = T, Yellow = S, Pink = Legere.

One thing I didn't like was Sprint getting away from bold simple Yellow/Black/White theme in Framily/Frobinson - Era, with Yellow on light Blue and other secondary colors.... NO, NO NO NO. Stick to what works.

As for the "Sprint" name, I think it can still be salvaged, but time is running out .... Tech Blogs, Media, Forums are slaughtering this brand every minute of everyday ... A hype has built around Hating on Sprint and its everywhere on the internet... Its not going to be easy for Sprint to clean up.. After fixing the network itself, branding, marketing, reputation will be the 2nd biggest expenditure for S in its turnaround.... Marcelo's marketing is going to have to combat the negative hatred that has marinated throughout the interwebs which lets be honest is almost a Marketing campaign in and of itself.

I use to believe that - still do to an extent.

But customers are about as loyal (or anti loyal) as the the savings kick in. A few years ago if that long TMO was a hot mess. Well its network still is yet people love them for their bravado.

I suspect if sprint ever gets its 3rd world network back to its glory days. And if they offer a compelling plans. Customers will come in droves. Why, loyalty.... Nope because we the people love a bargain. Especially if they convince the customer they will be giving it to the duopoly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk