Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Usable data should be goal posts. In my area, that requires 2,5ghz as 5x5 lte is wilting.

Some areas may be fine with 5fdd.

Usable data.

Usable data is relative. For me, it's keeping my Spotify working from the moment I get above ground on the 7 train till I get off at my stop. After that, it has to work till I get to my apartment.

Sprint satisfies those requirements, thus happy customer. You won't see me doing a speedtest while the train is in motion, no need to.

Heck, I was watching Youtube music videos the other day on my way home because I was bored of my music. No issues with playback.

• Like 4

Usable data should be goal posts. In my area, that requires 2,5ghz as 5x5 lte is wilting.

Usable data.

The whole reason I'm considering dumping VZW is that for what I pay, I should retain an LTE connection everywhere. Too many places in a town where VZW was long considered the only game in town are dumping calls and signal. I'm currently contemplating AT&T and T-Mobile, no Sprint service exists in Chester FWIW.

But yeah, TMUS has 5x5 cities and is hurting in those places too.

The whole reason I'm considering dumping VZW is that for what I pay, I should retain an LTE connection everywhere. Too many places in a town where VZW was long considered the only game in town are dumping calls and signal. I'm currently contemplating AT&T and T-Mobile, no Sprint service exists in Chester FWIW.

But yeah, TMUS has 5x5 cities and is hurting in those places too.

Why not cricket? 10gb for $55

Now that the CDMA coverage project is finished, will sprint add lte only macro cells as they're densifying for move to volte?

I wouldn't say CDMA coverage is completely finished. As we have discussed in other locations on this forum, Sprint still has markets where it needs to build native coverage in order to protect its PCS G license (MT, ND, SD, NE, and WY); plus, Sprint will continue to add new coverage where towns have outgrown Sprint's coverage, or other areas where Sprint sees high roaming useage (particularly on VZW). But I take your point, almost all of Sprint's existing CDMA sites have been upgraded.

Sprint does have LTE only sites (old Clearwire sites) and will continue to add them in metropolitan areas to improve data performance. But in areas where Sprint wants to build new coverage footprint, I don't see them building LTE only sites. They will get the NV1.0 equipment that does both CDMA and LTE.

• Like 3

Usable data.

Very much user dependent. Usable could be checking email, to streaming videos. I find all are usable with even 1mbps. I find evdo even good enough to stream youtube videos in good quality.
  • Like 1

Very much user dependent. Usable could be checking email, to streaming videos. I find all are usable with even 1mbps. I find evdo even good enough to stream youtube videos in good quality.

I agree, when and if I'm down to EVDO or EHRPD, I can still have a very usable connection and that includes watching a video on YouTube. 

Sure, around here not ALL of the towers have a single band of LTE on them yet, but I have never NOT had a usable connection. 

• Like 1

...but moving goalposts seems to be a recurring theme today.

What?  Did the Patriots do that, too?!

AJ

• Like 14

On CDMA expansion... if we're talking expansion into new cities or roaming overbuild, then it's probably warranted. If it's on top of exiting coverage, I would say the current 800 1X tower grid is sufficient. Sprint's focus should be on LTE expansion, the 1X voice network is performing better. In the St. Louis metro it's every bit as good as Verizon or T-Mobile's call quality on VoLTE and way way WAY better than AT&T. 

Some roaming overbuild would be nice in places like Southern Illinois where ATNI was before and now is being sucked into AT&T. Goodbye cheap ATNI 3G roaming (which was nice to have and saved quite a few of my friends on Sprint who came from out of town) and hi confiscatory AT&T roaming rates. 

• Like 2

On CDMA expansion... if we're talking expansion into new cities or roaming overbuild, then it's probably warranted. If it's on top of exiting coverage, I would say the current 800 1X tower grid is sufficient. Sprint's focus should be on LTE expansion, the 1X voice network is performing better. In the St. Louis metro it's every bit as good as Verizon or T-Mobile's call quality on VoLTE and way way WAY better than AT&T.

Some roaming overbuild would be nice in places like Southern Illinois where ATNI was before and now is being sucked into AT&T. Goodbye cheap ATNI 3G roaming (which was nice to have and saved quite a few of my friends on Sprint who came from out of town) and hi confiscatory AT&T roaming rates.

It would be goodbye to roaming period on the one atni network. At&t shuts down all the CDMA networks it acquires these days.

Thought Softbank was going to make a move.

You snooze, ya lose I guess.  :dep:  Son may still be able to get a foothold though. Does Carlos Slim still have to divest some of the Telcel assets or is that done already?

This potentially will be very big for the Deathstar. Being able to travel between the US and Mexico while having one rate plan and native service without incurring roaming charges would be a very enticing value proposition for a lot of people.

I also wonder how this deal will affect the SMR rebanding south of the border.

You snooze, ya lose I guess.  :dep:  Son may still be able to get a foothold though. Does Carlos Slim still have to divest some of the Telcel assets or is that done already?

This potentially will be very big for the Deathstar. Being able to travel between the US and Mexico while having one rate plan and native service without incurring roaming charges would be a very enticing value proposition for a lot of people.

I also wonder how this deal will affect the SMR rebanding south of the border.

Carlos Slim still has to divest assets and subscribers that will get Telcel less than 50% of the market.

I think it will beneficial for both companies to speed up the IBEZ rebanding/sharing so that bot can implement LTE in the IBEZ areas. 

lol,

I wonder what it will be. I dislike US football, but I just may tune in to see what they plan on saying. I believe I read it will be their first Super Bowl commercial, so it better be a good one. 

btw, was the goat commercial created by the new advertising company or the old one. I figure this one and the upcoming Super Bowl one was made with the newer agency.

TS

• Like 1

lol,

I wonder what it will be. I dislike US football, but I just may tune in to see what they plan on saying. I believe I read it will be their first Super Bowl commercial, so it better be a good one.

btw, was the goat commercial created by the new advertising company or the old one. I figure this one and the upcoming Super Bowl one was made with the newer agency.

TS

Sprint had a Super Bowl commercial last year for Framily and also ones in 2006 and 2007.

The goat commercial and other animal commercials were made by the old agency.

• Like 2

The goat commercial and other animal commercials were made by the old agency.

I thought the screaming goat commercial was the first ad of the new agency?

• Like 2