Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I don't think its been mentioned here but yearly easy pay upgrades require a $5 add on.

Also sat through the family share launch training tonight. We weren't told anything about the individual plans. Though we were told that they will also launch Friday and we will have another training for it Friday morning.

I don't think its been mentioned here but yearly easy pay upgrades require a $5 add on.

Also sat through the family share launch training tonight. We weren't told anything about the individual plans. Though we were told that they will also launch Friday and we will have another training for it Friday morning.

As always great info.

I doubt that this is a comon question, but anything on folks that ported over and are still in the 14 day window?

As always great info.

I doubt that this is a comon question, but anything on folks that ported over and are still in the 14 day window?

This came up and We were told that a customer would have to "return " the phone in our system then resell the same device out onto the new plan to get the peomo.
  • Like 1

This came up and We were told that a customer would have to "return " the phone in our system then resell the same device out onto the new plan to get the peomo.

You rock...hmm no pun intended!

Would you need the actual phones with you or just the boxes? Since I assume they hand the same devices back?

Many thanks.

• Like 1

That is not true. If a new contact is signed after 8/22 then it is 40.

So people currently in the middle of a two-year service agreement for a phone will be considered "non-discounted" in the new plan? I am skeptical based on the language at http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Sprint_Family_Share_Pack/85ba5891-1b6a-4ebf-9f2c-e16eec3ce55f/?INTNAV=SU:SprintFamilySharePack:Wired:08182014:Learnmore

Obviously we'll find out for sure on Friday

So people currently in the middle of a two-year service agreement for a phone will be considered "non-discounted" in the new plan? I am skeptical based on the language at http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Sprint_Family_Share_Pack/85ba5891-1b6a-4ebf-9f2c-e16eec3ce55f/?INTNAV=SU:SprintFamilySharePack:Wired:08182014:Learnmore

Obviously we'll find out for sure on Friday

Yup. Exactly what it says under the question "I am a current customer that signed a two year before 8/22 ...." On the page you link to.

Yup. Exactly what it says under the question "I am a current customer that signed a two year before 8/22 ...." On the page you link to.

That says you can switch your account to the new plan. It doesn't say at what price. I would venture to guess that the lines that are upgrade eligible/not under contract are priced at $15, the lines that are still under contract are priced at $40

That says you can switch your account to the new plan. It doesn't say at what price. I would venture to guess that the lines that are upgrade eligible/not under contract are priced at $15, the lines that are still under contract are priced at $40

I assume it will be like Framily. As long as you upgrade before 8/22 you would pay $15 not $40.

Ok... I'm totally lost... I've had sprint since September last year and have the framily program. i'm on easy pay and pay the 50 + 20 and get the cu discount off the 20 so 2 bucks off. How much would I pay if i switched to one of the new programs? What about if I had two new lines to Sprint that came over withme?

It seems pretty obvious to me. Else why the restriction to have one line ready for upgrades or on easy pay?

Ok... I'm totally lost... I've had sprint since September last year and have the framily program. i'm on easy pay and pay the 50 + 20 and get the cu discount off the 20 so 2 bucks off. How much would I pay if i switched to one of the new programs? What about if I had two new lines to Sprint that came over withme?

You need to wait until the individual plans are announced if you just have 1 line. If you did 2 lines on these family plans then it would depend on the data. But an example would be

$100 (20gb) - $20(nvp discount) +$15+$15(unl talk/text)= $110 + phones

Also if you want to keep/do 1 year upgrades it will be $5 for any lines that you want that on.

It seems pretty obvious to me. Else why the restriction to have one line ready for upgrades or on easy pay?

There is definitely nothing on that page indicating that phones under contract will be treated as "non-discounted", in fact they show a separate price category for such phones. You can hope or assume that they'll make a special offer but that is not stated.

The restriction is that you can't switch to the family share plan at all unless one line is upgrade eligible. There is no language saying that all phones on the account get the same device fee if you do decide to switch.

You need to wait until the individual plans are announced if you just have 1 line. If you did 2 lines on these family plans then it would depend on the data. But an example would be

$100 (20gb) - $20(nvp discount) +$15+$15(unl talk/text)= $110 + phones

Also if you want to keep/do 1 year upgrades it will be $5 for any lines that you want that on.

I know, I'm hoping the new individual plan will be better than the one I have now, but I'm intrigued by the new plans should I end up with more lines. Would I have to pay the 15 dollars if those lines are new to sprint and ported from att?

What happens if you don't do the 5/month? When can you upgrade?

There is definitely nothing on that page indicating that phones under contract will be treated as "non-discounted", in fact they show a separate price category for such phones. You can hope or assume that they'll make a special offer but that is not stated.

The restriction is that you can't switch to the family share plan at all unless one line is upgrade eligible. There is no language saying that all phones on the account get the same device fee if you do decide to switch.

Again seems pretty clear to me. Rant all you want but I'll put money on it, name the bet.

I know, I'm hoping the new individual plan will be better than the one I have now, but I'm intrigued by the new plans should I end up with more lines. Would I have to pay the 15 dollars if those lines are new to sprint and ported from att?

If you don't pay the $5/month, then you must simply pay off the whole purchase price of any existing easy pay, before you can put a new phone on easy pay.

The best thing to do may be to put a new phone on a credit card, most credit cards have included insurance and other purchase benefits, and even though you may or may not pay interest when charged on a credit card.

If you port in then you get the $15 fee waived until dec 31 2015. That promo ends Sept 30th.

So far the new Family Share Pack plans are meh!!!  I mean doubling the capacity of its competitors is ok for now but they took a page out of Tmobile's book and made it only temporary.  

I am more Interested in seeing some individual plan revamps and for god sakes keep the unlimited data option on the individual plans.

Another observation is if I do one line of Unlimited Talk/Text with 2GB of data on Sprint that is $25+$15= $40

Verizon is $60

T-Mobile is $50 for 1GB and Unlimited Talk/Text

AT&T is $65 for 2GB and Unlimited Talk/Text

The Verizon plan includes subsidy though. Which would be $65 on Sprint.
  • Like 2

So far the new Family Share Pack plans are meh!!! I mean doubling the capacity of its competitors is ok for now but they took a page out of Tmobile's book and made it only temporary.

I am more Interested in seeing some individual plan revamps and for god sakes keep the unlimited data option on the individual plans.

Only thing that is temporary is the access line fee. 20gb on vzw or att is much more than $100 ;-)
  • Like 1