Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I just haven't had a dropped call problem on any network for a few years.  Call dropping is becoming rarer and rarer.  The only drops I have anymore are coverage related, like driving into a canyon.  And that is not a network defect.

My AT&T experience with dropped calls has been nil.  I don't think I have had one since changing to them last Fall.  However, the call quality is atrocious.

Robert

I know I'm pushing the discussion off topic, but I had to call sprint recently due to so many dropped calls and incomplete calls.  I was at home in a conventional house and even went into my backyard to improve my signal to no avail.  Credit to sprint:  Their techs are on it and have been calling me every two days to check on the service.

• Like 5

Trust me, I feel the same.

The complication comes from the ads, which highlighted only the MAXIMUM savings, thus creating confusion.

That's all advertising, though. Most bang option and least buck option.

That's all advertising, though. Most bang option and least buck option.

Yeah but unfortunately the LCD doesn't understand that.

It also didn't help that existing customers couldn't migrate over to Framily.

Yeah but unfortunately the LCD doesn't understand that.

It also didn't help that existing customers couldn't migrate over to Framily.

I merged two separate Sprint accounts that had all lines under contract to Framily...was not an issue at all. I think internally they were told to not enforce the rule...but maybe I just got lucky.

So maybe they will be relaxed about the new plans as well.

I merged two separate Sprint accounts that had all lines under contract to Framily...was not an issue at all. I think internally they were told to not enforce the rule...but maybe I just got lucky.

So maybe they will be relaxed about the new plans as well.

There were several loopholes in the Framily plans that existing customers could easily exploit. It really depended on the CS Rep you got and their knowledge of what was possible.

I'm sure the same will happen with the new plans.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

There were several loopholes in the Framily plans that existing customers could easily exploit. It really depended on the CS Rep you got and their knowledge of what was possible.

I'm sure the same will happen with the new plans.

Where there is a demand, there is a way...

I know everyone is all upset about new customers getting promotions that current customers don't get. I'm fine with them getting device discounts or waving the access fees for a year, as long as they aren't getting a better deal LONG-TERM. When you move to a new carrier and buy all new devices, you have to make a big upfront investment (especially now that we are getting away from phone subsidies). I'm fine with Sprint giving them a break for the first year or so, as long as they don't maintain that status in perpetuity.

I agree, accept that this was an issue with Sprint that was corrected with the Premier program. I am still hoping that they bring back some type of loyalty program. It also makes sense as it may help to retain some of the new customers once their introductory pricing expires.

• Like 7

I agree, accept that this was an issue with Sprint that was corrected with the Premier program. I am still hoping that they bring back some type of loyalty program. It also makes sense as it may help to retain some of the new customers once their introductory pricing expires.

As an ex-Premier member, I agree. I think taking away Premier was a big mistake. I'm also hoping they bring something similar back. It would get a lot of mileage for them and wouldn't cost them that much. They can't afford to loose anybody - new or existing.

• Like 8

Just like the share plans they are keeping everything tightly under wraps. They launch Friday though so we will know soon.

I wonder if the unlimited plan they were trialling last month in certain markets is the new single line plan.

(Please no one shoot me for having to at least say something.)

• Like 6

The $50 plan?

See this cnet article: http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-tests-out-family-data-plan-other-discounted-offers-scoop/

Lastly, Sprint is testing out a new individual plan in Chicago, Minneapolis and West Michigan. Customers who pay full price for their smartphone, bring their own device, or pay for their phone in monthly installments are eligible for a $50 unlimited plan or $40 plan for 3GB of data a month.

I hope they announce the new individual plan tomorrow ( crossing fingers for the $50 rumored plan). I have already convinced three of my friends who have T-Mobile to convert over. I think what sealed that deal was we were out to eat today and all three of them had problems loading a webpage about ALS and I pretty much loaded that same page effortlessly.  Oh and they saw the light when we were out of town driving to Dayton OH and they hit edge and I had LTE. 

• Like 14

Oh and they saw the light when we were out of town driving to Dayton OH and they hit edge and I had LTE.

Funny how that works. I was the only person on a car with usable data from STL to Indianapolis, and on B26 pulling wild speeds like 70 miles east of St. Louis...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408591909.788356.jpg

• Like 6

I hope they announce the new individual plan tomorrow ( crossing fingers for the $50 rumored plan). I have already convinced three of my friends who have T-Mobile to convert over. I think what sealed that deal was we were out to eat today and all three of them had problems loading a webpage about ALS and I pretty much loaded that same page effortlessly. Oh and they saw the light when we were out of town driving to Dayton OH and they hit edge and I had LTE.

I'm in the Dayton area for school and this is definitely true. As soon as you leave Dayton proper it's all edge. My college campus is covered with LTE from all carriers but T-Mobile.
  • Like 1

Heh, someone shared my link with a LOT of people. I didn't realize my profile had some public information so I took it down and put it on my junkmail account. Feel free to share it with whoever https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/edit?usp=sharing 

A PM would have been nice though  <_<

Edit: ahh found it on howardforums. At least he agreed to update the link.

• Like 2

I am interested if the individual plans are employee discountable I guess. If it is $50 unlimited that makes it worse than framily for an individual.

How so? A single line on Framily with unlimited data is $75.

• Like 1

is it correct that this new Family Share Pack is really only a good option for new customers and existing customers who purchased their phones outright?  under my grandfathered-in plan, I'm currently paying $210/month before discounts and taxes for 4 smartphones on my account with 1,500 shared minutes and unlimited data.  by my estimate, if I were to switch to the Family Share Pack with 20GB of shared data, my monthly total before discounts and taxes would jump to $260/month.  am I missing something? 

How so? A single line on Framily with unlimited data is $75.

Yeah but who honestly joins a Framily plan alone? I meant in comparison to a 7+ person Framily of which there are tons to choose from on /r/sprintframily and other places.

• Like 2

is it correct that this new Family Share Pack is really only a good option for new customers and existing customers who purchased their phones outright?  under my grandfathered-in plan, I'm currently paying $210/month before discounts and taxes for 4 smartphones on my account with 1,500 shared minutes and unlimited data.  by my estimate, if I were to switch to the Family Share Pack with 20GB of shared data, my monthly total before discounts and taxes would jump to $260/month.  am I missing something? 

Well, it would be $100 for data, and for 4 lines with subsidy it would add $160 per line for a total of $260. Sounds right to me. Maybe I should add that option to my spreadsheet actually.

Well, it would be $100 for data, and for 4 lines with subsidy it would add $160 per line for a total of $260. Sounds right to me. Maybe I should add that option to my spreadsheet actually.

yeah, should definitely add the $40 per line fee as I would think a great many customers probably bought their phones under discounted pricing and wouldn't realize that this new plan offering is of no benefit to them.

and really, given that existing customers are only entitled to 4 lines of service with the promotional price ($160/month for 20GB shared data and 4 devices purchased with "Sprint Easy Pay") this is going to prove to be a severely costly option, both in terms of price and sacrificed monthly data.

Edited by Morningside78