iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

http://bbs.feng.com/read-htm-tid-8239267.html

It's a wonder why apple wants to have it's next phones built complete by robots. These leaks this year....

Robots minimize the risk of product leaks.

I personally think apple leaked their phone pics. We haven't seen any Iwatch pics though.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I personally think apple leaked their phone pics. We haven't seen any Iwatch pics though.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Possible. Leak crappier version of prototype iPhone 6 and then announce better version during keynote. Such wow. such amaze.

• Like 1

Sent from my Nexus 5

Makes me wonder if manufacturing for the wearable isn't happening in China...

• Like 2

If so, as at least I have previously predicted, that throws TD-LTE carrier aggregation capability out the window. Now, let us see if the next Sprint variant iPhone supports band 41 at all.

AJ

Well, the android community just collectively let out one of these...

72607433075733f7b1e8d5727de22d89.jpg

Looks like I'll be buying another "in between" android flagship to test out CA because I know Chicago will get it sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Damn, that looks good. Glad I had some pre-split AAPL. :)

Edit: apparently I can't embed a YouTube link on tapatalk. 

• Like 3

Damn, that looks good. Glad I had some pre-split AAPL. :)

Edit: apparently I can't embed a YouTube link on tapatalk.

We used to. The last Tapatalk update broke that.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

It just looks so nice. I know Apple fans get dumped on a lot about how we obsess over our devices, but the total user experience is just outstanding, from hardware to software. And it's only getting better.

• Like 1

It just looks so nice. I know Apple fans get dumped on a lot about how we obsess over our devices, but the total user experience is just outstanding, from hardware to software. And it's only getting better.

Am still not 100% for the lines, but if it improves reception I assume I can deal with it. I'll probably get a spigen case anyways instead of having it naked. 

I am only upset about the MDM9625..... 

Am still not 100% for the lines, but if it improves reception I assume I can deal with it. I'll probably get a spigen case anyways instead of having it naked.

I am only upset about the MDM9625.....

I was hoping for the MDM9635, too. I understand why it's not there, though - the decision was likely made about 6-8 months ago and Apple could guarantee an appropriate quantity for manufacturing tens of millions of devices. Supply chain economics won.

I think Apple also decided that CA deployments won't be mature enough in the U.S. until next year, so the next-gen iPhone will have a nice upgrade for the "S" iPhone buying cycle.

I'm glad I'll have a B41 device, at least. Let's hope Sprint can accelerate those deployments so we can have another big thread like this next year. :)

I was hoping for the MDM9635, too. I understand why it's not there, though - the decision was likely made about 6-8 months ago and Apple could guarantee an appropriate quantity for manufacturing tens of millions of devices. Supply chain economics won.

I think Apple also decided that CA deployments won't be mature enough in the U.S. until next year, so the next-gen iPhone will have a nice upgrade for the "S" iPhone buying cycle.

I'm glad I'll have a B41 device, at least. Let's hope Sprint can accelerate those deployments so we can have another big thread like this next year. :)

Well, I can not wait until next year for b41...So this is the phone i'll get. CA will be awesome to have, but in reality...b41 will be fine for me...

Well, I can not wait until next year for b41...So this is the phone i'll get. CA will be awesome to have, but in reality...b41 will be fine for me...

I am not sure how you guys can be certain that the next Sprint variant iPhone will support band 41.  While that seems likely, it is by no means guaranteed.  And as for carrier aggregation, get ready for some taunting from one side, some bitching and moaning from the other side, since the next iPhone will support carrier aggregation for AT&T but not Sprint.

AJ

I am not sure how you guys can be certain that the next Sprint variant iPhone will support band 41. While that seems likely, it is by no means guaranteed. And as for carrier aggregation, get ready for some taunting from one side, some bitching and moaning from the other side, since the next iPhone will support carrier aggregation for AT&T but not Sprint.

AJ

I'm not surprised or even mad that CA will be available for AT&T - they've enjoyed favored nation status with Apple since the iPhone launch.

• Like 1

Price does matter, though. And you nailed one of the reasons why they're expensive - it's what the top-end of the market is willing to pay. And Apple owns the top end of the market.

I disagree.  I am quite representative of the top end of the market.  I buy what I want and am not very price conscious.  For example, I did not blink an eye at spending $300 on a retina iPad mini just to serve as a remote control for JRiver Media Center and Spotify on my kilobuck audio system.

But whenever I want to do something productive with a tablet, I cannot help but think to myself that Android does this better than iOS does.  So, I set down my iPad glorified remote control and reach for my 2013 Nexus 7 -- with its superior multitasking capability, notifications/settings shade, app drawer, navigation buttons, Google integration, etc.

AJ

• Like 2

I disagree. I am quite representative of the top end of the market. I buy what I want and am not very price conscious. For example, I did not blink an eye at spending $300 on a retina iPad mini just to serve as a remote control for JRiver Media Center and Spotify on my kilobuck audio system.

But whenever I want to do something productive with a tablet, I cannot help but think to myself that Android does this better than iOS does. So, I set down my iPad glorified remote control and reach for my 2013 Nexus 7 -- with its superior multitasking capability, notifications/settings shade, app drawer, navigation buttons, Google integration, etc.

AJ

You may be the top end of the market from a purchasing power perspective, but your technical knowledge dwarfs others at that end of the buying spectrum. I'm not sure you are the persona Apple is making a targeted push to acquire for their ecosystem... But I digress. :)

I find that I can be incredibly productive with an iPad, not only for content consumption, but also creation. I'm in charge of mobile application design for my company, and having native iOS tools for real-time data capture has been immensely popular in my corner of the enterprise. It's cut down on errors and kept the data fidelity nearly spotless.

I'm glad that technology is extensible and meets multiple needs, yours and mine. It's all good, dude. :)

Since I'm an iPhone 5 user, I'll already be getting an improvement by getting b26.  I really hope the 6 gets b41 since Houston has it already, but if I can at least finally get decent indoor LTE at my parents and grandmother's I'll be satisfied.

Since I'm an iPhone 5 user, I'll already be getting an improvement by getting b26. I really hope the 6 gets b41 since Houston has it already, but if I can at least finally get decent indoor LTE at my parents and grandmother's I'll be satisfied.

If it doesn't have b41, I will probably be getting a g3... I don't want to not have b41 in this populated city...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My only other question is, will iPhone 6 continue with how Apple does single radio now, or are they adopting eCSFB? I sure hope not.

I was wondering the exact same thing. And how will this effect battery life.

I was wondering the exact same thing. And how will this effect battery life.

I guess we won't know until next week.