Framily Plan Service Charge

travismheim

I have a line on my account that was originally activated in November of last year. When I switched to Framily back in February I was told that because all previously subsidized lines had been activated or upgraded before January (10th, I think?) that the $15 service charge would be waived for a limited time. Everything had been fine until this week when I logged into sprint.com to pay my bill and noticed that the newest line (activated in Nov) now had the $15 service charge under plan add-ons. After chatting with a rep they told me it was an error and zero'd out the charge but it is still appearing on the add-ons for that line. After thinking about it, I was starting to wonder if the charge being waived for a limited time meant it would be waived for early adopters of Framily, or if it was a fee that would be applied and waived for a limited time only. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

I have a line on my account that was originally activated in November of last year. When I switched to Framily back in February I was told that because all previously subsidized lines had been activated or upgraded before January (10th, I think?) that the $15 service charge would be waived for a limited time. Everything had been fine until this week when I logged into sprint.com to pay my bill and noticed that the newest line (activated in Nov) now had the $15 service charge under plan add-ons. After chatting with a rep they told me it was an error and zero'd out the charge but it is still appearing on the add-ons for that line. After thinking about it, I was starting to wonder if the charge being waived for a limited time meant it would be waived for early adopters of Framily, or if it was a fee that would be applied and waived for a limited time only. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

The same thing happened to me this week. I had the charge zeroed out but the SOC still shows on my line.

The only time limit was having done an upgrade before January 10. I upgraded my phone back in November and switched to framily in February. I haven't been charged the extra $15. Sounds like something was misapplied in the billing system.

For you guys that are on Framily that upgraded on 2yr contract prior to 2014 are you all seeing any significant savings by switching to framily?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't saved much, yet. I just got my third Framily member last month though, as I get more the savings will start to add up and make a difference. I don't regret switching from unlimited my way.

• Like 1

For you guys that are on Framily that upgraded on 2yr contract prior to 2014 are you all seeing any significant savings by switching to framily?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I certainly am. I went from paying about $190 for 3 lines to about $100. But I was able to hit the magic 7 number. 

• Like 1

i find the Framily plan a bit suspicious if you ask me...  just another marketing gimmick to try and compete with other companies.  I think i will sit this one out and see how it plays out over hte next year.  Does anyone know if discounts are still given with the Framily plan?  I dont know that it would save me money anyway, as i would take the unlimited data option on both lines, and there are only 2 of us.  And im not going to petition for others to join it, as i am not marketing someone else's product/service.  But maybe i do not know the full details behind this.  it just confuses me.  thats all.

• Like 1

i find the Framily plan a bit suspicious if you ask me... just another marketing gimmick to try and compete with other companies. I think i will sit this one out and see how it plays out over hte next year. Does anyone know if discounts are still given with the Framily plan? I dont know that it would save me money anyway, as i would take the unlimited data option on both lines, and there are only 2 of us. And im not going to petition for others to join it, as i am not marketing someone else's product/service. But maybe i do not know the full details behind this. it just confuses me. thats all.

Not utilizing having people join your framily or you joining another framily would defeat the purpose of the framily plan itself....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any charge on my latest bill

It wasn't showing up on my bill yet, just In the plan add ons for that line. I caught the problem before my next bill generated.
  • Like 1

i find the Framily plan a bit suspicious if you ask me... just another marketing gimmick to try and compete with other companies. I think i will sit this one out and see how it plays out over hte next year. Does anyone know if discounts are still given with the Framily plan? I dont know that it would save me money anyway, as i would take the unlimited data option on both lines, and there are only 2 of us. And im not going to petition for others to join it, as i am not marketing someone else's product/service. But maybe i do not know the full details behind this. it just confuses me. thats all.

For someone with two lines, that doesn't intend to add more, no Framily does not make sense. But once you start getting over 5 people, it does start saving you money vs other unlimited options.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Put your code on reddit. i had a customer do that yesterday while in the store when i was setting them u and when i checked the code last night they had already gone from 2 to 8.

That's what I did, full family within hours.
  • Like 1

Put your code on reddit. i had a customer do that yesterday while in the store when i was setting them u and when i checked the code last night they had already gone from 2 to 8.

Is there a reason why something like this isn't going on here at S4GRU? Wife and I are looking to move to the Framily plan and I was looking to keep it in the S4GRU Framily.

Is there a reason why something like this isn't going on here at S4GRU? Wife and I are looking to move to the Framily plan and I was looking to keep it in the S4GRU Framily.

There was at one point in time in a thread about framily(I believe that's what it was about), but I'm pretty sure it got closed up due to the usual reasons.

If difficult if not impossible to add existing Sprint customers to another Sprint customer's account. You pretty much have to bring people over from other carriers in order to add then to your Framily.

Sent from my Nexus 5

If difficult if not impossible to add existing Sprint customers to another Sprint customer's account. You pretty much have to bring people over from other carriers in order to add then to your Framily.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Its not scientific but from my daily experiences less than 10% of accounts are eligible to merge with another framily. When i see the offer in an account its usually an older account (8-10 years old), has some lines out of contract and tagged as a high churn risk.

• Like 2