How much is a Max-Discount Framily Bill, w/Fees?

burnout8488

Going to try to convince the gf's family to get on Framily this weekend which will put it at 7-8 members, aka full discount. 

Just curious as to what they'll actually be paying, after the surcharges and fees? $25 + ? Fees = ?

Gotta show up prepared!

I have 9 lines on my account all on framily. 2 lines have unlimited data, 1 line has a $27/mo phone payment, and i'm paying $5/mo for the 25 meg tablet plan. all of that with taxes and fees is $343 and change. the lines that don't have any extra pay $30.93/mo. 

here is the breakdown of the taxes and fees

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $5.76

Iowa State-TRS Charge $0.27 

Administrative Charge $23.88 

Regulatory Charge $4.80 

Total -------------- $34.71

Iowa State-911 Tax $9.00   Iowa State-Sales Tax $9.60   -------------- Total $18.60

I have 9 lines on my account all on framily. 2 lines have unlimited data, 1 line has a $27/mo phone payment, and i'm paying $5/mo for the 25 meg tablet plan. all of that with taxes and fees is $343 and change. the lines that don't have any extra pay $30.93/mo. 

here is the breakdown of the taxes and fees

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $5.76

Iowa State-TRS Charge $0.27 

Administrative Charge $23.88 

Regulatory Charge $4.80 

Total -------------- $34.71

Iowa State-911 Tax $9.00   Iowa State-Sales Tax $9.60   -------------- Total $18.60

Gotta be honest, I'm somewhat confused. One line has a $27 payment while the other basic lines have a $30.93 payment? Do they live in different states? 

It looks like we'll probably have anywhere between $4-$7 in fees per line all said and done in NY. 

I know this is frowned upon... but i have my account to never send any paper mail at all. I don't get advertising, no bills, no offers via the mail. After making sure I got nothing I switched my address over to Nevada. 

I still have no framily though. I might in the future. 

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $1.42   Nevada State-Hearing Impaired Fee $0.03   Administrative Charge $1.99   Regulatory Charge $0.40   --------------   $3.84

Gotta be honest, I'm somewhat confused. One line has a $27 payment while the other basic lines have a $30.93 payment? Do they live in different states? 

It looks like we'll probably have anywhere between $4-$7 in fees per line all said and done in NY. 

the $27 is for someone who bought a phone...thats the easy pay part....

other wise figure roughly 28-30 per line with fees.....

now what you need to figure, is who wants the included 1gb...who wants to pay $10 for the 3gb, and who wants to pay the $20 for unlimited....which will tweak the fee part

My friend pays $28.06/mo for her line after taxes.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

You mean not counting the additional $27/month or so cost to finance the smartphone with Sprint Easy Pay?

You mean not counting the additional $27/month or so cost to finance the smartphone with Sprint Easy Pay?

My friend has my iPhone 5, so no Easy Pay for her line. My iPhone 5S is about $63-64 with Easy Pay of $35.42 alone.

no, all lines are at a minimum $30.93, then two lines have an additional $20 for unlimited data, and one of those lines has an additional $27 for phone payment on easy pay. I was relaying that info so you knew how the total got up to $343, since $30.93 times 9 is $278.37 i was explaining why it was higher.

so to break it down, lines 1-7, which don't have anything extra, pay $30.93/mo, then my 8th line with unlimited data is $47.32/mo and my 9th line with unlimited data, phone payment, and tablet plan is $79.41/mo.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about joining a Framily plan, but am nervous about the terms and conditions that they have set forth.  Am I just over thinking it...?  I currently have an old Everything Data 1500 Minute Family plan and spend almost $150 per month for those two lines.  It looks like right now, without phones calculated in I could save a substantial bit of money per month if I got on a 7-10 line plan.  Any thoughts about the throttling / terms and conditions?

I'm thinking about joining a Framily plan, but am nervous about the terms and conditions that they have set forth. Am I just over thinking it...? I currently have an old Everything Data 1500 Minute Family plan and spend almost $150 per month for those two lines. It looks like right now, without phones calculated in I could save a substantial bit of money per month if I got on a 7-10 line plan. Any thoughts about the throttling / terms and conditions?

The throttling is only for video streaming (False: It's everything now) and only if the site you're on is experiencing heavy load. So it wouldn't be a very common occurrence.

Are there any other T&C issues that would be different from your ED plan?

• Like 1

The throttling is only for video streaming and only if the site you're on is experiencing heavy load. So it wouldn't be a very common occurrence.

That is what scares me... I do enjoy streaming video, not a ton, but from time to time.  Especially let's say in March...  I'm really not even a heavy data user, right around 1-5 GB last four months.  Just makes me nervous.

That is what scares me... I do enjoy streaming video, not a ton, but from time to time. Especially let's say in March... I'm really not even a heavy data user, right around 1-5 GB last four months. Just makes me nervous.

There is no reason to be nervous. You are not a heavy user, and if you are in an area that doesn't have overburdened sites, then there is no cause for concern.

• Like 1

There is no reason to be nervous. You are not a heavy user, and if you are in an area that doesn't have overburdened sites, then there is no cause for concern.

So, here is the next dilemma.  I'm an idiot and just upgraded my wife (S5) a month ago because her phone broke.  Anyone have any success in switching to Framily even after that?  My phone line is out of contract (bought an N5), so shouldn't be a problem...

Edit: Also, is it still possible to get a corporate discount on the $20 unlimited data charge?

So, here is the next dilemma. I'm an idiot and just upgraded my wife (S5) a month ago because her phone broke. Anyone have any success in switching to Framily even after that? My phone line is out of contract (bought an N5), so shouldn't be a problem...

Edit: Also, is it still possible to get a corporate discount on the $20 unlimited data charge?

First, because you did an upgrade, your wife's line will have the extra $15/mo charge, so you can switch to Framily. 2nd, yes, you can still get corporate discounts on unlimited data. But remember, the discount is only on the $20/mo charge.

• Like 1

First, because you did an upgrade, your wife's line will have the extra $15/mo charge, so you can switch to Framily. 2nd, yes, you can still get corporate discounts on unlimited data. But remember, the discount is only on the $20/mo charge.

Interesting, I had no idea about this $15 extra / charge.  Is that a flat rate.  How long does that fee last, 24 months? I thought it was just the $20/mo charge.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry for the thread hijack.  It is all about saving money though...

Thanks.

Interesting, I had no idea about this $15 extra / charge. Is that a flat rate. How long does that fee last, 24 months? I thought it was just the $20/mo charge. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry for the thread hijack. It is all about saving money though...

Thanks.

Contract fee for any upgrade after I think it was January 9th. And as soon as the contract expires, the charge ends.

• Like 1

Contract fee for any upgrade after I think it was January 9th. And as soon as the contract expires, the charge ends.

Really appreciate your help.  Looks like I have something else to do this weekend!  Thanks again!

• Like 1

The throttling is only for video streaming and only if the site you're on is experiencing heavy load. So it wouldn't be a very common occurrence.

Those were the old terms. Now it's if you're In the top data users and are connected to an overburdened site ALL your traffic is deprioritized, not just video.

Still don't need to worry though because they're not grandfathering anyone. You'll be subject to the throttle even on your old plan.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The $15 fee goes away after 12 months on the unlimited data option if that happens before the contract is up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those were the old terms. Now it's if you're In the top data users and are connected to an overburdened site ALL your traffic is deprioritized, not just video.

Still don't need to worry though because they're not grandfathering anyone. You'll be subject to the throttle even on your old plan.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ah! I'll update my post so it isn't blatant misinformation then. 

I think that's very fair though, if a site is overloaded then it should definitely throttle to allow smooth usage for every user of the site. This is what I would expect of any network. It's why peak hours are sometimes terrible for cellular usage. 

Does anyone know if the $15 fee is still being waived for upgrades from last year? i know Sprint originally said it was for a limited time, but i never saw an end date for it.

Does anyone know if the $15 fee is still being waived for upgrades from last year? i know Sprint originally said it was for a limited time, but i never saw an end date for it.

I believe it's still being waived.  I had the same question when I signed up 2 months ago, but they waived it.  I'm not 100% sure of the cut-off date for your phone purchase.  My phone purchase was June 2012 so the 2 year agreement was nearly complete at the time.

And to answer the OP's question:  Here's my bill for 1 line:

Framily plan w/ 1 GB: $25.00

Sprint surcharges: $3.03

Government taxes & fees: $2.32 (Minnesota)

Total: $30.35