Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

Did the ever announce when the new iCloud plans would roll out? I just got an email saying my plan renews next month but don't want to renew if I can upgrade to the new plan that has more space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most likely on release day of iOS 8, or release day for iPhone 6. So hopefully before the 19th of September.

• Like 1

Most likely on release day of iOS 8, or release day for iPhone 6. So hopefully before the 19th of September.

I just thought maybe Apple had a plan on what to do with the old plans. I guess they still may mention it at the iPhone announcement.

I think I will let it renew and use the 45 day Refund period if I have to.

I just thought maybe Apple had a plan on what to do with the old plans. I guess they still may mention it at the iPhone announcement.

I think I will let it renew and use the 45 day Refund period if I have to.

They will probably just let the plans run out and then offer you the new plans....I wouldn't renew...3.99 for 200 gb is much better than their current pricing. and .99 for 20gb is way better as well.

• Like 1

I am getting ready for the 6 coming out. I am running on my i5 and it is losing my trust. The battery is awful.  Just went to Bestbuy and they confirmed they would buy it back for 190 (including charger). I am going to hold off for one week as I am heading to chicago.  Will do when i get back on saturday (even if it goes down some).  Going to be rocking my i4s for several weeks.

Another really good option if you have the time / patience for it is getting the phone unlocked for international use by Sprint customer service and then selling it on eBay for international sale. I just sold my iPhone 5s 16 GB for $530 on eBay about 2 weeks ago with no issues.

Another really good option if you have the time / patience for it is getting the phone unlocked for international use by Sprint customer service and then selling it on eBay for international sale. I just sold my iPhone 5s 16 GB for $530 on eBay about 2 weeks ago with no issues.

I haven't thought about international sales on eBay with a carrier unlock. Was it easy to convince the rep to get your phone unlocked? $530 is a helluva lot more than I'd get at Gazelle, Orchard, Craigslist, etc... 

I haven't thought about international sales on eBay with a carrier unlock. Was it easy to convince the rep to get your phone unlocked? $530 is a helluva lot more than I'd get at Gazelle, Orchard, Craigslist, etc... 

Yeah, didn't have any issue at all. I've heard you need to be in good standing for 4 months (payed on time) and then just call them and let them know you're going to be going overseas. They'll unlock it without issue!

Yeah, didn't have any issue at all. I've heard you need to be in good standing for 4 months (payed on time) and then just call them and let them know you're going to be going overseas. They'll unlock it without issue!

Awesome - and that's a perm unlock? Not anything temporary?

Awesome - and that's a perm unlock? Not anything temporary?

Yeppers! Once they've done their thing you just connect the phone to iTunes and do a restore. From there you're all set.

• Like 1

Perm unlock for international only, not domestic gsm based carriers.

Good enough for me. I'll call, get the unlock, then create an eBay listing with the international unlock called out. If I can sell a 64GB Space Gray iPhone 5S to fund the iPhone 6 buy. Daddy needs his Band 41.

• Like 1

Do you think the 5s has more resale value between now and release day, or after?

I can't be without a phone, so I'll probably unlock the iPhone 5S, then buy my iPhone 6 with the 0% Barclays Apple financing card and list the old iPhone 5S on eBay a few weeks later when the supply gets a little more constrained.

Do you think the 5s has more resale value between now and release day, or after?

I would think it would hold steady til maybe a month or so after. Prices will inflate from people selling them for more than they're worth to fund the new IP6. This is how I figure it in my mind. Since I haven't followed Apple too closely til late I can't really be 100%.

Downloading the update now!

Also downloaded the Beta 2 update; Beta 1 was very stable and I noticed

significant battery life improvement over Mavericks with my 2013 MBA 11;

Beta 2 so far has been great and fixed a couple of pesky problems I was

having with Safari & iBank5

• Like 1

Also downloaded the Beta 2 update; Beta 1 was very stable and I noticed

significant battery life improvement over Mavericks with my 2013 MBA 11;

Beta 2 so far has been great and fixed a couple of pesky problems I was

having with Safari & iBank5

I'm testing on a 2009 MacBook Pro, and for the very little bit I used beta 2, it's running cooler than beta 1. I don't think I'll notice a difference in battery life since the battery is already shot on that Mac, but I'll never know until I run it through it's paces.

Ah.

I really need to get around to buying a decent MBP, just to learn how the OS is and how it works.

I'm going to be getting a new Retina MBP next summer for college. I've always been interested in learning how to use OS X,  but I'll definitely be installing Boot Camp so I can also run Windows on it, too.

-Anthony