Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

Was the weird popping noise happening when making calls/using the cellular radio?

The screen itself was popping when I tapped like reply or something. I noticed it was pushing the screen in and popping back out. Design flaw?

Edit: when is say reply, I am using this app as an example of where on the screen I would press.

The screen itself was popping when I tapped like reply or something. I noticed it was pushing the screen in and popping back out. Design flaw?

Edit: when is say reply, I am using this app as an example of where on the screen I would press.

Probably a random manufacturing error, I had that issue with my day one iPhone 5.

Probably a random manufacturing error, I had that issue with my day one iPhone 5.

I figured. My brothers is doing almost exactly the same thing so perhaps a bad batch since we both got our phones around the same time period.

I figured. My brothers is doing almost exactly the same thing so perhaps a bad batch since we both got our phones around the same time period.

I read something today that starting on August 4, the Apple Store will be able to do a screen swap for this issue. Good thing you got a whole new phone/battery/etc with your new screen!

• Like 1

Had this happen with my iPhone 5c. The longest part was waiting for my device to restore from iCloud.

The same thing happens on my 5c on the bottom left side of the phone. If I put I press it on it makes a popping/squeaky sound. So like a week after I got it I took in and they said nothing was wrong.

The same thing happens on my 5c on the bottom left side of the phone. If I put I press it on it makes a popping/squeaky sound. So like a week after I got it I took in and they said nothing was wrong.

Hmm.....Well I am not sure why they gave me a new phone then. I guess I was just nice and they didn't care enough to not give me a new phone. 

• Like 1

I read something today that starting on August 4, the Apple Store will be able to do a screen swap for this issue. Good thing you got a whole new phone/battery/etc with your new screen!

Really? Mine is doing this now.

Really? Mine is doing this now.

-___________________________________-

I asked while I was there if this was an issue with a lot of people. Of course he didn't say it was. Let's just say that there would be no way in hell that I would pay to have my phone screen replaced when the screen popping and moving up and down is clearly a manufacturing flaw. Don't let them charge you lol.

-___________________________________-

I asked while I was there if this was an issue with a lot of people. Of course he didn't say it was. Let's just say that there would be no way in hell that I would pay to have my phone screen replaced when the screen popping and moving up and down is clearly a manufacturing flaw. Don't let them charge you lol.

I may have mis-spoke. Apple just expanded their repair services to include screen replacement on-site (vs. sending it away).

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/07/31/apple-replacing-displays-in-stores/

• Like 1

Beta 4 is so buggy. Surprisingly more than iOS 7 was when it first came out and I installed it on my iPhone 4s. Hopefully the update tomorow will fix some of these issues.

It is weird each Beta is bringing out different bugs.  Nothing has really improved since Beta 1.   I know it is normal to have bugs in a Beta but usually as we get closer to release most of them go away in each update. 

It is weird each Beta is bringing out different bugs.  Nothing has really improved since Beta 1.   I know it is normal to have bugs in a Beta but usually as we get closer to release most of them go away in each update. 

Installing beta 5 right now. Let's hope some of these stupid bugs are fixed. My biggest issue appears to be a wifi issue which is resulting in my wifi basically timing out. It's odd. I have to cycle wifi to get it working again, even though when I do a speed test it shows my wifi is fine. 

• Like 1

Uh. Wifi issues appear to be fixed. Everything is loading faster now and not timing out or lagging or whatever it was doing before... Will continue testing to see how apps perform throughout the day

Edit they fixed the quick reply issue where you couldn't get to emojis or characters

• Like 3

The update took 40% of my battery. Ouch. 

Wow....I went down like 10% at most lol

Edit: I have also noticed that since I installed beta, my location services arrow icon has been on...like the entire time. Any way around this? I would prefer not to have my phone constantly feeding GPS to whatever is apparently running in the background. I even found that sometimes turing of bluetooth gets rid of it but it normally comes right back.

Edit: I have also noticed that since I installed beta, my location services arrow icon has been on...like the entire time. Any way around this? I would prefer not to have my phone constantly feeding GPS to whatever is apparently running in the background. I even found that sometimes turing of bluetooth gets rid of it but it normally comes right back.

Have you looked at your Location Settings to see if anything is the culprit?

-Anthony

After the update it got really hot, I guess it was re-indexing or something. Being in a bad coverage area doesn't help. 

I have noticed in the location settings that some apps have the option to Always use location services and some say "While using."  I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Have you looked at your Location Settings to see if anything is the culprit?

-Anthony

Everything is set to never and the ones that aren't are set to only while using. I personally don't understand why there isn't an only while using option for all of them. I don't mind my phone using my location to find out where I am while using the fandango app...but I don't want it ALWAYS eating away my battery life. 

I have noticed in the location settings that some apps have the option to Always use location services and some say "While using."  I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Everything is set to never and the ones that aren't are set to only while using. I personally don't understand why there isn't an only while using option for all of them. I don't mind my phone using my location to find out where I am while using the fandango app...but I don't want it ALWAYS eating away my battery life. 

There isn't an "Only while using" option on every app because they haven't been updated for iOS 8 yet. "Always" is "Yes, this app can use location services" and "Never" is "No, this app can not use location services" when it comes to non-iOS 8 updated apps. When iOS 8 GM comes out, and the developers update their apps, you will begin to see the "only while using" option.

-Anthony

• Like 2

There isn't an "Only while using" option on every app because they haven't been updated for iOS 8 yet. "Always" is "Yes, this app can use location services" and "Never" is "No, this app can not use location services" when it comes to non-iOS 8 updated apps. When iOS 8 GM comes out, and the developers update their apps, you will begin to see the "only while using" option.

-Anthony

Thank you for that clarification. I didn't think of that. 

Uh. Wifi issues appear to be fixed. Everything is loading faster now and not timing out or lagging or whatever it was doing before... Will continue testing to see how apps perform throughout the day

Edit they fixed the quick reply issue where you couldn't get to emojis or characters

Have they fixed the quick reply issue where you can't scroll down to hit the send button for the message?

I think it's about time Apple makes it so that you can't power off the phone from the lock screen. We have a fingerprint scanner, but someone can still power off my phone, rendering "find my iPhone" useless. It should also quickly grab a location once the sim gets ejected, too.

Beta 5 is working fine for me. My phone seems to be a lot smoother and runs pretty flawlessly. Of course this after only a few hours of testing.

The keyboard seems to be picking me up a lot better too. No more having to go back and correct myself a few times a text message. If it stays like this I will be one happy camper.