Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

Actually, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite has not been released yet. Maybe we should create a separate thread?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Fixed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Public Beta 6 was released today to match the GM released on the 9th.

http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/13/apple-releases-os-x-yosemite-public-beta-6-to-match-latest-developer-gm/

Great! I'll do it now. Can't wait for public release.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

So today is the release day for OS X Yosemite. I know I'll be downloading as soon as it posts to the Mac App Store. Updating might take place soon thereafter if I get a backup done soon enough.

Yeah..I wonder since I'm on Beta 6 if I have to do a complete dl of Yosemite or just an incremental off the

GM?  5Gigs on my slowwww internet pipe takes a long time..

Hopefully not.

Yosemite is now in the Mac App Store! Get to downloading!

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=915041082&mt=12#

About 5 minutes remaining on my install. I probably should've waited a couple days for reports on how stable it is. But I have my work laptop available if need be.. Or my iPad.... iPhone.... Old toshiba laptop... Consulting work laptop.... Wow I need to sell some stuff haha.

Anyone want a 4 year old toshiba laptop with horrible battery life, but an upgraded SSD? Runs like a champ! i7 processor! (1st gen that runs hot as crap but shhhhh) ????

• Like 1

About 5 minutes remaining on my install. I probably should've waited a couple days for reports on how stable it is. But I have my work laptop available if need be.. Or my iPad.... iPhone.... Old toshiba laptop... Consulting work laptop.... Wow I need to sell some stuff haha.

Anyone want a 4 year old toshiba laptop with horrible battery life, but an upgraded SSD? Runs like a champ! i7 processor! (1st gen that runs hot as crap but shhhhh) [emoji1]

I will never let my friend get another Toshiba again. Hinges failed in her first and cracks developed on the case of her 2nd one right over the hinges.

I'm downloading and installing today despite potential bugs, because I do have a backup machine if something went wrong.

And I currently have 2 1/4 hours to go. It's hard only having 3Mbps, but it's the only plan my ISP has that's unlimited.

I will never let my friend get another Toshiba again. Hinges failed in her first and cracks developed on the case of her 2nd one right over the hinges.

I'm downloading and installing today despite potential bugs, because I do have a backup machine if something went wrong.

And I currently have 2 1/4 hours to go. It's hard only having 3Mbps, but it's the only plan my ISP has that's unlimited.

Downloading now and installing over public beta. I know it's probably the same, but I don't care.

Also, I also had a Toshiba. It had 1 gb of ram and my mom said she got a good deal on it because it was literally the last computer on the shelves before Xmas. I dealt with it, but after the touch pad failed and it would die in about 2 hours.... I gave up. Went and got my mbp on a slow Saturday and haven't looked back. At least the Toshiba got me through last year of high school...

I would also like to add that it slowed down to almost unusable. I had every program turned off in msconfig for startup and it STILLLL took forever. It was horrible

• Like 1

Damn...  over 2 hours just to download?  I am officially on Yosemite.  Too early to know of any bugs.  It took me less than 10 minutes to download.  Then about 20 minutes to install on my 2013 MBPr.  

I don't really have any complaints on the old Toshiba.  I use it as a desktop replacement since it literally holds a charge for about 20 minutes.  The thing is a beast though.  Boots up Windows 7 in 8 seconds from a cold boot (I am an IT professional though so I know how to keep it working optimally).  No issues with its performance.  Only reason I got the Macbook in January was for the mobility.  

Even with that said though...  I will also never recommend a Toshiba.  I had a lot of issues with how it was initially setup.  Even after manually removing most of the preinstalled crap (oh and a hard drive failure, but that was replaced under warranty before I bought my SSD), it was dog slow.  Once I installed a clean copy of Windows 7 it was fine though, and now with the SSD it flies.

Oh well, enough off topic talk.  Yosemite seems pretty nice.  Kinda weird with the new design, but I think I'll get used to it.

I would also like to add that it slowed down to almost unusable. I had every program turned off in msconfig for startup and it STILLLL took forever. It was horrible

Their hard drives are absolute crap.  I would bet that was the problem.  

I can not get sms relay to work...I had it in public beta 2 or 3 and ever since then its been gone.... Not sure whats up. Perhaps my computer is too "old"

Depends on the model. SMS relay will work officially on Monday when iOS 8.1 is released.

Only handoff and phone calls will work between now and Monday.

• Like 1

Damn... over 2 hours just to download? I am officially on Yosemite. Too early to know of any bugs. It took me less than 10 minutes to download. Then about 20 minutes to install on my 2013 MBPr.

I don't really have any complaints on the old Toshiba. I use it as a desktop replacement since it literally holds a charge for about 20 minutes. The thing is a beast though. Boots up Windows 7 in 8 seconds from a cold boot (I am an IT professional though so I know how to keep it working optimally). No issues with its performance. Only reason I got the Macbook in January was for the mobility.

Even with that said though... I will also never recommend a Toshiba. I had a lot of issues with how it was initially setup. Even after manually removing most of the preinstalled crap (oh and a hard drive failure, but that was replaced under warranty before I bought my SSD), it was dog slow. Once I installed a clean copy of Windows 7 it was fine though, and now with the SSD it flies.

Oh well, enough off topic talk. Yosemite seems pretty nice. Kinda weird with the new design, but I think I'll get used to it.

3Mbps Internet connection that's staying around 1.5Mbps down. Still have 1 hr 40 minutes remaining.

Damn...  over 2 hours just to download?  I am officially on Yosemite.  Too early to know of any bugs.  It took me less than 10 minutes to download.  Then about 20 minutes to install on my 2013 MBPr.  

Oh well, enough off topic talk.  Yosemite seems pretty nice.  Kinda weird with the new design, but I think I'll get used to it.

The public beta I was running was very stable. I had absolutely zero issues with it.

I'm estimated to have Yosemite downloaded in 5 days, 13 hours!

(Which is odd, because I just downloaded it and installed everything fine on my work laptop in screaming fast record time. LOL)

• Like 2