Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

Continuity for SMS will not be available until October according to 9to5Macs new article: http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/12/apple-says-new-ios-8-sms-continuity-feature-wont-arrive-until-october/

Apple’s website detailing Continuity features arriving with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite in the coming weeks has been updated to announce SMS support won’t arrive until October.

EDIT: Sorry about the huge picture, I hate tapatalk and everything about it.

E9715d219ae44f79fa51932939ef21944.jpg
Experiencing phenomenal battery life on the GM so far. This amount of standby/usage would yield me at 50-60% on any of the previous betas. Never had such good standby performance before.

-Anthony

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm guessing that's because Yosemite won't be out until October.  Could be a fun month:

new iPads

Yosemite

Apple Pay

SMS Continuity

Hopefully we can tack a new Mac Mini, iMac Refresh, and Apple TV on as well.

• Like 2

Downloading OS X Yosemite Beta 3 as I write this on my 2013 MBA 11;

this is the third iteration of OS X 10.10 for me..something tells me this

might be a release to coincide with the new release of IOS for the

iPhone 6; Gold master for Yosemite and public release is Oct 22 from

two or three sources that I have read..

Downloading OS X Yosemite Beta 3 as I write this on my 2013 MBA 11;

this is the third iteration of OS X 10.10 for me..something tells me this

might be a release to coincide with the new release of IOS for the

iPhone 6; Gold master for Yosemite and public release is Oct 22 from

two or three sources that I have read..

This beta might help with iOS 8, but because Apple changed the Continuity for SMS to "October", they will release a 8.0.1 release for iOS 8 at the public release of Yosemite. The new iPads will probably release around the same time, and new iPods too. The Mac mini needs an update, and so does the iMac. But for the macs, they will probably be spec bumps like the rMBP's.

This beta might help with iOS 8, but because Apple changed the Continuity for SMS to "October", they will release a 8.0.1 release for iOS 8 at the public release of Yosemite.

Wow I missed that no wonder why my texts haven't been working on my iPad. If I knew that I would have stayed on the beta till the day it expired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow I missed that no wonder why my texts haven't been working on my iPad. If I knew that I would have stayed on the beta till the day it expired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, the GM probably removed the SMS Continuity.

Well, anyone who doesn't have OnePassword can now download it free for a limited time.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/09/16/1password-is-available-for-free-right-now-in-the-app-store/

• Like 2

On Monday night my iPhone 5 got a popup message saying something like 'Carrier update' or some such message stating some Sprint related thing on my phone was updated...  My wife closed it out before I could see it.. I have the GM of IOS 8.. 

Anybody know what that was.. or what it does?

Thanks!

it was just a PRL/Profile update. you can can also initiate one by dialing ##UPDATE# in the phone dialer

I do that all the time.. well.. once a month or so.. I haven't seen one pushed to my phone in a long time..  no other iphone in my home got the update either.. so far..  But I'll take it!  :)

Thanks!

I do that all the time.. well.. once a month or so.. I haven't seen one pushed to my phone in a long time.. no other iphone in my home got the update either.. so far.. But I'll take it! :)

Thanks!

I've seen it happen in the middle of the night with my Nexus 5. It just pops up stating "updating profile"

Makes sense that PRL updates get pushed otherwise lots of phones would have outdated PRLs since the majority of sprint users wouldn't know what that is for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Let's start a Yosemite wishlist. I'll go first:

Okay, I will go next:

El Capitan, Half Dome, and Mariposa Grove.

AJ

• Like 1

Actually, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite has not been released yet. Maybe we should create a separate thread?