CDMA 800 Testing PRL

Looking at this ESMR link in California and a new one in Maryland, it appears that both are using the Utah SID (22429). Maybe they haven't yet configured the channels properly or just don't know how to configure them (equally likely). The testing PRL was designed to link onto your native PRL-defined EVDO (3G) data carrier when it found the ESMR 1x carrier for your area; however, using this Utah SID, the PRL would try to lock onto Utah's Ev carrier assignments, which are unlikely to work in most of the country. To compensate for this problem, I have revised the record relative to the Utah PRL adding a wildcard EV scan so that it should let you have 3G in just about every area of the country even if Sprint has assigned the wrong SID for ESMR in your area. The new version will be ready very soon. Please keep in mind that it constantly seeks ESMR carriers even if you're in great coverage on your PCS native carriers-- you will see battery usage increase with this PRL!

• Like 3

Looking at this ESMR link in California and a new one in Maryland' date=' it appears that both are using the Utah SID (22429). Maybe they haven't yet configured the channels properly or just don't know how to configure them (equally likely). The testing PRL was designed to link onto your native PRL-defined EVDO (3G) data carrier when it found the ESMR 1x carrier for your area; however, using this Utah SID, the PRL would try to lock onto Utah's Ev carrier assignments, which are unlikely to work in most of the country. To compensate for this problem, I have revised the record relative to the Utah PRL adding a wildcard EV scan so that it should let you have 3G in just about every area of the country even if Sprint has assigned the wrong SID for ESMR in your area. The new version will be ready very soon. Please keep in mind that it constantly seeks ESMR carriers even if you're in great coverage on your PCS native carriers-- you will see battery usage increase with this PRL![/quote']

I sure wish the Evo Shift was ESMR compatible.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

• 5 weeks later...

I want to use this testing PRL, but first can anyone confirm that the Samsung Epic 4G Touch works with ESMR (BC 10)?

I know the hardware is capable and the FCC tested BC 10, but I suspect it's not actually enabled in the software baseband. Especially because the stock PRL is of the 60xxx variety instead of the 21xxx type.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by etirkca
  • Like 1

I want to use this testing PRL, but first can anyone confirm that the Samsung Epic 4G Touch works with ESMR (BC 10)?

I know the hardware is capable and the FCC tested BC 10, but I suspect it's not actually enabled in the software baseband. Especially because the stock PRL is of the 60xxx variety instead of the 21xxx type.

I believe the EVO 3D had a stock PRL 60xxx as well. I just went back to my 3VO to test the leaked ICS rom and it downloaded a 21xxx PRL when updated.

Can anybody confirm whether or not the iPhone 4s will be capable of picking up the ESMR Bc 10? I've spoken to at least 3 different "high-level" sprint representatives that have all told me that it will be able to receive the signal, but I've searched high and low on Google only to find speculative but conflicting reports. I have terrible in building reception both at home and two different offices that I frequent and I'm desperately awaiting the improvements NV will reportedly bring, speciifically the reprovisioning of the iden band to CDMA, but if the iPhone is unable to pick it up my hopes and dreams will all be dashed.....

Can anybody confirm whether or not the iPhone 4s will be capable of picking up the ESMR Bc 10? I've spoken to at least 3 different "high-level" sprint representatives that have all told me that it will be able to receive the signal, but I've searched high and low on Google only to find speculative but conflicting reports.

No, the iPhone 4S supports Cellular 850 MHz (band class 0), not SMR 800 MHz (band class 10).

Sprint reps are generally just call center workers. Do not even bother with them for accurate tech info.

AJ

I believe the EVO 3D had a stock PRL 60xxx as well. I just went back to my 3VO to test the leaked ICS rom and it downloaded a 21xxx PRL when updated.

OK... That doesn't really answer my question. So the Evo 3D was updated to a SMR enabled PRL, and the E4GT wasn't. That's nice. Should I be inferring something from that statement?

OK... That doesn't really answer my question. So the Evo 3D was updated to a SMR enabled PRL, and the E4GT wasn't. That's nice. Should I be inferring something from that statement?

A quick google search comes back kinda meh'ish at best. I'm curious, can someone load the PRL and test? Is there anywhere to test?

A quick google search comes back kinda meh'ish at best. I'm curious, can someone load the PRL and test? Is there anywhere to test?

As of PRL 21087, SMR is only enabled for the Chicago area on channels 476 and 526. But there are reports of other active SMR sites earlier in this thread.

Edited by etirkca

• 2 weeks later...

No one knows about this? I'm not in an area with SMR currently, so I can't test it.

No one knows about this? I'm not in an area with SMR currently, so I can't test it.

I seem to remember reading on xda that the Galaxy S2 does not support ESMR

• 1 year later...

I have a Blackberry 9350 and its the model that is capable of receiving the smr 817-824 and 862-869 frequencies. I also noticed that my current PRL is 60797. I tried the update and it doesnt change. How can I get a 25015 PRL into my phone? I am on the boarder of westchester and connecticut so i am not sure if the 800 mhz is live yet but i have horrible service at my house. Like 1 bar to none. My old nextel blackberry 8350i had 5 bars alll the time.

CDMA is 3G.. But 800SMR is only voice right? and 800 voice is only launched here in FW right?

800mhz SMR is the frequency that CDMA is running. 800mhz voice is onair in quite a few markets.

There is no point in loading this PRL now since all current PRLs have 800 enabled, right?

No. The Note2 has it removed right now. Plus I believe there are 4 or so 800smr SIDs missing from stock ones that have it.

• Like 1

No. The Note2 has it removed right now. Plus I believe there are 4 or so 800smr SIDs missing from stock ones that have it.

I know, I already have a different one loaded than 2000 :)  I meant besides that one.  So no difference though besides those 4 SIDs?

the PRL I have on my phone is 60797 which means that there is no smr 800. i live right on the border of westchester and ct. how can i get a 25xxx prl into my blackberry 9350? the phone specs say it supports frequencies 817-824 and 862-869 so i should have a PRL that allows that. i tried to do the PRL update feature in the phone but it doesnt change anything.

I'm on PRL 51097 in Sacramento. My iPhone 5 is jailbroken and I temporarily switch to Verizon PRLs often for the few hundred megs of fast 3G service I can use per month :/

Which PRL should I use for 800 testing? I am excited to do this!