CDMA 800 Testing PRL

S4GRU Member 4ringsnbr created a custom PRL for those of you PRL masters out there who want to search out the new CDMA 800 carriers in Network Vision markets.

Here is the link to the S4GRU Download Center where it is hosted: http://s4gru.com/ind...-prl-21086xprl/

If you do end up ever actually connecting, turn off your 3G and run some speed tests on that 1xAdvanced 800 carrier. I would love to hear how it is operating speed wise since 1xA can be up to 3 times faster than 1xRTT, depending on how it is deployed.

Robert

• Like 4

For the remaining markets, it is a relatively safe bet to add a band class 10 ACQ index entry with channels 476 and 526 to these SIDs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArY31Mr219-ydEZublJOa3l2ZGl0Z1B0QmNmMG5nOEE

Robert and I have not been able to confirm any CDMA1X 800 SIDs beyond those that we have already announced. But those that we have announced have followed the pattern of PCS G block assigned SIDs (as laid out in the spreadsheet).

AJ

• Like 3

For the remaining markets, it is a relatively safe bet to add a band class 10 ACQ index entry with channels 476 and 526 to these SIDs:

https://docs.google....Z1B0QmNmMG5nOEE

Robert and I have not been able to confirm any CDMA1X 800 SIDs beyond those that we have already announced. But those that we have announced have followed the pattern of PCS G block assigned SIDs (as laid out in the spreadsheet).

AJ

I just finished adding all Nextel SIDs for the entire U.S. Most regions search 476 then 526; the southeast will search 526 then 476. The native EV carriers are associated with the new CDMA 800 records everywhere. There is no roaming indicator and ESMR 1x is prioritized over PCS 1x.

• Like 2

I just finished adding all Nextel SIDs for the entire U.S. Most regions search 476 then 526; the southeast will search 526 then 476. The native EV carriers are associated with the new CDMA 800 records everywhere. There is no roaming indicator and ESMR 1x is prioritized over PCS 1x.

Thanks! I have updated the file in the download center: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/files/file/18-cdma-800-testing-prl-21086xprl/

Robert

• Like 1

I'm using PRL 12117 (Network Vision Corporate/Network Vision Business PRL which has 3G roaming etc...) and I'm seeing channel 425 pop up under 1x Engineering in the debug menu which is in the 800Mhz range (CDMA AMPS) from my understanding. My femtocell seems to be configured to broadcast on that frequency.

Screenshot

tlIYW.png

also on EVDO

qebJ1.png

=======================================================================================

While in call on the PRL Posted above (in this thread)

r5uka.png

=======================================================================================

I just did some more testing with the femtocell off and it's only using channels 325 and 350 while in call and while using data on sprints towers

Edited by NiteSnow

I'm using PRL 12117 (Network Vision Corporate/Network Vision Business PRL which has 3G roaming etc...) and I'm seeing channel 425 pop up under 1x Engineering in the debug menu which is in the 800Mhz range (CDMA AMPS) from my understanding. My femtocell seems to be configured to broadcast on that frequency.

While just coincidence, channel 425 happens to be a common CDMA1X carrier assignment for both Cellular 850 MHz and PCS 1900 MHz. To further the possibility for confusion, channel 425 also happens to be in the Cellular B block and the PCS B block. But CEL 0425 and PCS 0425 are two very different channel assignments separated by approximately 1 MHz.

In your case, your screenshots indicate band class 1 and that in turn indicates PCS 0425. For CDMA1X, band class 1 is PCS 1900 MHz, while band class 0 is Cellular 850 MHz.

Furthermore, you appear to be in Cleveland, where Sprint holds a PCS B3 block 10 MHz disaggregation from the old AT&TWS, and PCS 0425 is the first standard channel assignment in the PCS B3 block. Sprint also holds its original license, the PCS D block 10 MHz, which contains PCS 0325, 0350, and 0375, of which you have noted the first two channel assignments.

AJ

• Like 2

While just coincidence, channel 425 happens to be a common CDMA1X carrier assignment for both Cellular 850 MHz and PCS 1900 MHz. To further the possibility for confusion, channel 425 also happens to be in the Cellular B block and the PCS B block. But CEL 0425 and PCS 0425 are two very different channel assignments separated by approximately 1 MHz.

In your case, your screenshots indicate band class 1 and that in turn indicates PCS 0425. For CDMA1X, band class 1 is PCS 1900 MHz, while band class 0 is Cellular 850 MHz.

Furthermore, you appear to be in Cleveland, where Sprint holds a PCS B3 block 10 MHz disaggregation from the old AT&TWS, and PCS 0425 is the first standard channel assignment in the PCS B3 block. Sprint also holds its original license, the PCS D block 10 MHz, which contains PCS 0325, 0350, and 0375, of which you have noted the first two channel assignments.

AJ

Thanks for elaborating on that, it really cleared things up. What I find odd is that they don't use 0425 on the towers in my area as far as I know anyways (I've never seen it pop up in the debugging menus). Quick question, is there any chance that you may know when Cleveland will be seeing any network vision upgrades?

Quick question, is there any chance that you may know when Cleveland will be seeing any network vision upgrades?

We may be talking about Cleveland in the Sunday night chat at 9:30 PM Mountain time. ;)

Robert

• Like 1

Applied the PRL to my EVO 3D. I may sound like a noob for asking, but how will I know if I'm connected to 1x Advanced? Do I check the debug menu?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Edited by UndeadNexus

Applied the PRL to my EVO 3D. I may sound like a noob for asking' date=' but how will I know if I'm connected to 1x Advanced? Do I check the debug menu?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk[/quote']

Yes. If you connect to one of the unofficial channels in PCS G Block or 800 SMR, then you are on 1xA. And if you ever connect, let us know here right away. No one has, yet.

The markets where testing is occuring right now include, Chicago, LA Metro, Boston, Austin, DFW, Kansas, Central Jersey, Washington DC and Baltimore. It is also assumed in Atlanta and Houston too.

However, the timing has to be just right. You have to be at the right tower at the right time.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

I am afraid that the PCS G block enabled testing PRL is a non starter. In looking over FCC OET filings, I have not found a single Sprint branded handset that has been certified beyond the traditional PCS A-F block range. Maybe some do exist, but I have not found them. So, I surmise that only specially certified or waivered testing devices will be able access CDMA1X/EV-DO Network Vision trials in the PCS G block.

AJ

I am afraid that the PCS G block enabled testing PRL is a non starter. In looking over FCC OET filings, I have not found a single Sprint branded handset that has been certified beyond the traditional PCS A-F block range. Maybe some do exist, but I have not found them. So, I surmise that only specially certified or waivered testing devices will be able access CDMA1X/EV-DO Network Vision trials in the PCS G block.

AJ

I was under the impression that the G Block was dedicated to LTE only, not 1x/DO

I was under the impression that the G Block was dedicated to LTE only, not 1x/DO

Deval, yes. However, Network Vision gear is being tested in G Block. 1xA and EVDO carriers get tested in G Block at every tower, including full drive testing. This is being done so as to not interfere with existing customers. Then, when testing is complete of NV gear at a tower or clusters of towers and it's ready to go live, they take the 1xA/EVDO carriers off G block frequencies and transition them to the appropriate A-F frequencies for commercial traffic. This is when the site is 3G live.

It is only after the 3G goes live do the NV OEM's start work on the LTE carrier and put it on G Block and start its testing. All Network Vision testing is done in G Block. But only LTE will be there permanently.

Robert

• Like 1

Good news. I have done some more digging, and the Samsung Conquer 4G (SPH-D600), Samsung Trender (SPH-M380), and Huawei Express (M650) explicitly support and have been certified for CDMA1X band class 14 (PCS A-G blocks).

https://apps.fcc.gov...html?id=1457558

https://apps.fcc.gov...html?id=1441475

https://apps.fcc.gov...html?id=1506030

AJ

• Like 2

Good news. I have done some more digging, and the Samsung Conquer 4G (SPH-D600), Samsung Trender (SPH-M380) and Huawei Express (M650) explicitly support and have been certified for CDMA1X band class 14 (PCS A-G blocks).

https://apps.fcc.gov...html?id=1457558

https://apps.fcc.gov...html?id=1441475

https://apps.fcc.gov...html?id=1506030

AJ

Thanks for sifting through the data to find that out. Now, does anyone have these relatively obscure devices?

Robert

Thanks for sifting through the data to find that out. Now, does anyone have these relatively obscure devices?

I see quite a few "bad ESN" Conquers listed on eBay. If I can pick one up for <$50, I would be willing to do that for testing purposes (though I would probably need to ship it off to one of you who can run QPST on your Windows OS).

AJ

• Like 1

Screenshot

tlIYW.png

also on EVDO

qebJ1.png

While in call on the PRL Posted above (in this thread)

r5uka.png

I just did some more testing with the femtocell off and it's only using channels 325 and 350 while in call and while using data on sprints towers

What app is this that tells you the channel that you are using?

Its not an app. Its your device Debug screen. You get to it by entering ##DEBUG# in your phone dialer. You will need to know your device MSL number to access it though.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Technically it is an app. :) you can even make a shortcut to it on your home screen with anycut.

I suppose if you want to be technical. :rolleyes: I just mean you ain't going to be downloading it from the market.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner