Sprint to join Rural Operators Roaming Hub (CCA and RRPP thread)

marioc21

• 1 month later...

Got it. Any idea of the changes?

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

additional roaming (or pseudo native perhaps) 

-nextech shows as roaming on sprints 3g and more maps although is showing as native on phones on the last prl, this one the map shows alot more coverage in Nebraska and Iowa for sprint 3g and more roaming. Also parts of Montana show up

• Like 4

Same, and it seems as though I have EVDO roaming on USCC now.  Can anyone else confirm?

The coverage map has been updated to reflect that too.  Staff is looking at it right now.

• Like 1

The coverage map has been updated to reflect that too.  Staff is looking at it right now.

Sprints coverage map?  I dont see that change and it does not show USCC as native on my phone or the coverage map.

EDIT- I guess if i click "3g and more" I can sort of see it. but it does not really spell it out very clearly so I am not sure.

USCC roaming... Oh my God I am so excited right now. I am leaving for a week of camping at a lake in central Oregon this weekend and USCC works better there than Verizon and almost as good as AT&T. I just bought a used Nexus 5 so I could throw a Straight Talk AT&T sim card in it and use it as a hot spot at the lake. Now I don't need it. Thank you Sprint and USCC!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

USCC roaming... Oh my God I am so excited right now. I am leaving for a week of camping at a lake in central Oregon this weekend and USCC works better there than Verizon and almost as good as AT&T. I just bought a used Nexus 5 so I could throw a Straight Talk AT&T sim card in it and use it as a hot spot at the lake. Now I don't need it. Thank you Sprint and USCC!

Let's just say we have a pretty good idea of what may be happening but we must confirm it! So hold your horses people!

o1Cjmh8.png

(off network 3G roaming completely matches USCC footprint which leads to only one conclusion...)

• Like 8

You would still be subject to your roaming limits of 100 megs or whatever it is for your plan.  it is not shown as native on your device.  Never the less, this is still a huge deal.

Same here- I bought a used Nexus 5 recently and was planning on using it on AT&T as a hotspot during my week-long trip to a pretty small town in Kentucky. I re-checked the coverage map earlier today and to my surprise- 3G coverage! Even USCC doesn't have native service in this area.. possibly Appalachian Wireless? I guess I'll find out next week.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

• Like 3

You would still be subject to your roaming limits of 100 megs or whatever it is for your plan. it is not shown as native on your device. Never the less, this is still a huge deal.

If that 100 Meg limit is still in place then all I have to say is f*** you Sprint. Either build out your coverage or allow your customers to roam. I would even be willing to pay per mb for the data roaming. He'll, I'm paying 200 dollars for a used Nexus five, 7 dollars for a straight talk sim card, and 45 dollars for 5gigs of straight talk AT&T data. Sprint and USCC could have my money if they would get their heads out of their ass.

If that 100 Meg limit is still in place then all I have to say is f*** you Sprint. Either build out your coverage or allow your customers to roam. I would even be willing to pay per mb for the data roaming. He'll, I'm paying 200 dollars for a used Nexus five, 7 dollars for a straight talk sim card, and 45 dollars for 5gigs of straight talk AT&T data. Sprint and USCC could have my money if they would get their heads out of their ass.

No complaining at S4GRU.  Consider yourself warned.  The "f*** you Sprint" and "heads out of their ass" are unwarranted.  You do not get to break the rules and talk like that here.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Sprint is not obligated to build out its network to suit your needs.  That just may not be cost effective.  The same goes for large roaming quotas.  Sprint may not be able to afford the hundreds of dollars that you could rack up in roaming data charges.  And even though you claim that you would pay per MB, would you be willing to pay, say, $.10/MB?  Because that is in the range of what Sprint pays for roaming data.

If Sprint does not provide you with sufficient coverage, go right on over to VZW or AT&T.  We do not care.  The duopoly has paid hundreds of billions of dollars to buy up 30 years of wireless network deployment.  You will pay their rates to support those acquisitions, and you will abide by their policies.  Enough said.

AJ

• Like 11

No complaining at S4GRU. Consider yourself warned. The "f*** you Sprint" and "heads out of their ass" are unwarranted. You do not get to break the rules and talk like that here.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Sprint is not obligated to build out its network to suit your needs. That just may not be cost effective. The same goes for large roaming quotas. Sprint may not be able to afford the hundreds of dollars that you could rack up in roaming data charges. And even though you claim that you would pay per MB, would you be willing to pay, say, $.10/MB? Because that is in the range of what Sprint pays for roaming data.

If Sprint does not provide you with sufficient coverage, go right on over to VZW or AT&T. We do not care. The duopoly has paid hundreds of billions of dollars to buy up 30 years of wireless network deployment. You will pay their rates to support those acquisitions, and you will abide by their policies. Enough said.

AJ

I am not complaining, I am making a point. As I said, I am spending 45 dollars for 5gigs of data to use on a one week camping trip and that is not including the initial investment of the nexus 5 and the sim card. Sprint and USCC could team up to take my money but instead they are allowing the duopoly to rake in more cash. Sprint is the best option for me 95 percent of the year but they could very easily and cost effectively make it even better. They want that ARPU to go up and that would be an easy way to do it. If my sprint bill was 50 bucks higher for the month of camping and roaming I would be happy with it. Better than giving my 50 bucks to AT&T for that month.

You do pay for additional roaming, up to 300MB in total. Last I saw, it was an additional $50 to use another 200MB of roaming data. Roaming data is expensive, that's why the limit is so low.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

IF need be, i can test out and go to a spot where i know i would usually roam on USCC and see if my phone treats it as native (already updated my prl)

No need. Staff findings have been pretty conclusive.

590e05a880895dfdf10ab5ec5052aa7a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 7

How do priorities work when near partner sites?

Example:

One campground that we visit frequently is out of Sprint LTE range. Our phones bounce back and forth between Sprint native 3G and 1x on 1900.

There happens to be a USCC tower a very short distance away. Will Sprint phones (either now or later) place preference on USCC LTE or 3G/EVDO over regular native Sprint 1x?

• Like 1

Example:

One campground that we visit frequently is out of Sprint LTE range. Our phones bounce back and forth between Sprint native 3G and 1x on 1900.

There happens to be a USCC tower a very short distance away. Will Sprint phones (either now or later) place preference on USCC LTE or 3G/EVDO over regular native Sprint 1x?

I highly doubt they will.  Any kind of native signal always comes first, even if it's crappy.

• Like 1

Example:

You will always connect to the Sprint site if it is in range, no matter how weak the signal. There is no threshold setting. Any Sprint = No Roaming.

You *may* be able to get 1x on Sprint and EVDO on Roaming. I've had that happen before. But Sprint EVDO has to be out of range. And it doesn't seem to work that way with all devices.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 2