S4GRU.com Sections Font Color

chappo2000

It's no big deal..... but does anyone else have trouble reading the greyish font color of the S4GRU.com's "unselected" section titles (The Forums, The Member Zone, etc) contrasted with they dark yellow background? I'm referring to the desktop site, of course.

Who knows, I may need to spend next year's flex spending on glasses....

Edit: Also, the font color of "Started by: (User's name), (Date and Time)" as you're reading a forum post. Something about that color makes it hard for me to read. lol

• Like 1

It's no big deal..... but does anyone else have trouble reading the greyish font color of the S4GRU.com's section titles (The Forums, The Member Zone, etc) contrasted with they dark yellow background? I'm referring to the desktop site, of course.

Edit: Also, the font color of "Started by: (User's name), (Date and Time)" as you're reading a forum post. Something about that color makes it hard for me to read. lol

My first thought is that it may be the monitor out of color, contrast, or brightness.  The second would be to have your eyes checked. 

Outside of that, I'm not sure what else could be done.

• Like 1

It's no big deal..... but does anyone else have trouble reading the greyish font color of the S4GRU.com's "unselected" section titles (The Forums, The Member Zone, etc) contrasted with they dark yellow background? I'm referring to the desktop site, of course.

How hard it is to change, I do not know, but it is hard for me to see as well.

Edit: Also, the font color of "Started by: (User's name), (Date and Time)" as you're reading a forum post. Something about that color makes it hard for me to read. lol

Shades of grey... I could see that being difficult to read as well.

I have to agree.  I've coped by highlighting the text to read it when I need to, but different colors would be better!

I have to agree. I've coped by highlighting the text to read it when I need to, but different colors would be better!

Sounds like the same thing I have to do on Tapatalk when people post in black or blue colors. Hard to read on that black background.

I believe this was brought up quite a while back but nothing ever came out of it. I do agree that its hard to read.

The section headings had been black before the IP.Board overhaul. I pointed out the visibility issue, but I do not believe that Robert was able to fix it.

AJ

I was not able to fix it. I will need to use IP Board's Premium services to get them to change it. We have access to the code, but when I look at it, I get scared to touch it. It's not HTML. It's CSS, and it's like 50 files that are all stacked and embedded into each other. It is way above my skill set.

This has been on my to do list for a long time. But it does not take priority over content. Also on that to do list is to move The Wall to the first tab, as it used to be in the beginning of S4GRU. Also to expand The Wall to be the first 10 articles, not the first two.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Perhaps we need to reach out to see if there is a member who has the CSS background to edit the code.

And it could not just be any member. It would have to be a very well known and trusted member.

• Like 1

And it could not just be any member. It would have to be a very well known and trusted member.

A really well known member is PeterNorth, but also RonJeremy. :lol:  :rofl:

What is CSS ... cobol standard source? Ok ok I know my age is showing. :(

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Cascading style sheets. They help add visual design to HTML code.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascading_Style_Sheets&sa=U&ei=kyq-Uum4BdjioATq1IGwBQ&ved=0CBIQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNEeZb2W3W6trJYu9Fmaulb07tULnA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I probably could do it. It'll just take a few days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Perfect timing, Josh!  Because, when I'm viewing the site on New Years Eve, my vision may be a little worse than it is now. 

• Like 1

Perfect timing, Josh! Because, when I'm viewing the site on New Years Eve, my vision may be a little worse than it is now.

You'll be on here on New Years Eve? I'd rather be partying! Haha! :rofl:

• Like 1

You'll be on here on New Years Eve? I'd rather be partying! Haha! :rofl:

Oh, Josh, we know you like to party.  See the video interview...

AJ

Ah the good old days of Web design. I'd always be the last to finish but have the best looking and working site in class. I even built mine for Firefox and chrome while everyone else just went with the bare minimum of IE. Good times.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 2