Where to report antenna up-tilt?

A tower near me appears to have antenna uptilt on it's southeastern sector and several speed tests to different servers over LTE in the sweet spot (about 300 yards from the tower) get 5 down/3 up presumably as a result. Anyone know where to report this?

Just throw rocks at the bottom to slowly nudge it downward. ;)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Lol. I would, but its just one antenna (not the whole tower), and I'm no baseball pitcher. 100 feet up is a bit too tall.

A tower near me appears to have antenna uptilt on it's southeastern sector and several speed tests to different servers over LTE in the sweet spot (about 300 yards from the tower) get 5 down/3 up presumably as a result. Anyone know where to report this?

Quite often, a site will be accepted and go live WITHOUT the downtilt being verified.  Sometimes it can go months until somebody optimizes the site.  Also, it actually could even be correct now.  They may be aiming for some far off point that is higher.

I have seen quite a few sites that had poor speeds close to the tower and get much better at some point further away.

If you have a somewhat tall tower sitting on high ground, it is possible to have slow speeds if you are fairly close but on much lower ground.

Quite often, a site will be accepted and go live WITHOUT the downtilt being verified. Sometimes it can go months until somebody optimizes the site. Also, it actually could even be correct now. They may be aiming for some far off point that is higher.

I have seen quite a few sites that had poor speeds close to the tower and get much better at some point further away.

If you have a somewhat tall tower sitting on high ground, it is possible to have slow speeds if you are fairly close but on much lower ground.

There are no hills nearby, so I guess it hasn't been optimized.

ive always wondered if the down tilt may not make sense to you but they have a reason for that panel to be set at that actual angle maybe they were aiming for further away(or closer) for a specific reason without seeing the geography the other buildings that may be in the way either at your location or if there is a tower closer to to those people further away from this tower but sky scrappers are in the way..  

and people call to sprint not seeing the big picture complain its not fair i have a tower 2 miles away but because you put a higher tilt on it i cant get a decent signal but people 5 miles away can its not fair they have a tower 1 mile away from them i dont care if there is a hill in the way and the only way to get them decent speeds is to raise the tilt here its screws with me... what you have another tower that will address this? yea well that doesnt help me right now and i want it to work on this exact tower...  

not saying thats the case here in this exact location but i wonder if happens because i could really see it...  

The towers on Alligator Alley (the East-West section of I 75 that slices through the Florida Everglades) are configured like this. Right next to the tower, many of which are by rest stations, you will get 5 MBPS max down. Keep driving either East or West a few miles and your speeds will miraculously get up to 35 MBPS. They seem to have all the towers optimized this way because the highway is all that needs the coverage. I am sure there is practically no coverage to the North or South, expept for excess bleeding out from the highway corridor, due to no population being out there.

The coverage out there used to be practically none with Sprint, and no I had 4G almost the whole way. There were a couple brief pockets where I got only 3G or no coverage, but it was mostly LTE the whole way across the state. Good work to Sprint, let's just hope they upgrade faster than they subscribe. Right now, throughout SEFL and SWFL, the network seems undersubscribed for the infrastructure. I hope they don't take this as a hint to sell more bandwidth to 3rd party providers :(

Anyone know where to report this?

To draw attention to the sector with uptilt, you should go pitch a tent underneath it.  Then, when it gets fixed, you can get fixed, too. That should get rid of the uptilt for both it and you.

AJ

• Like 3

So no suggestions?

To fair but honest, if anyone knows the answer to your question, you may want to show a little patience and allow more than 5 hours for your question to be answered on a Saturday night of a major holiday weekend.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

Here is the real question, should the tilt even be adjusted? Often times, sites are laid out to cover a specific area, and this site may be no different.

Eventually when the entire cluster is optimized, someone will go back and make an adjustment, if needed. But in all honesty, none of us can make an adjustment, without the proper tools and such.

Just got around to reading this thread. My suggestion is to email dan@sprint.com and explain that you live/work near Site X and they came out and did NV work a few weeks ago. And now you get reduced service. It appears that one of the antenna panels is now pointed upward and perhaps this is the cause of the service problems.

If it is meant to be that way, they'll probably tell you. If it is an error, they will probably get someone out to fix it in a few weeks. Good luck.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...