Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

I suppose, among Network Vision markets, this makes Denver almost the last dinosaur.

:P

AJ

I hit play on my tablet while drinking my morning coffee with my wife and Christina says, "Oh, thanks AJ! I put that out of my head years ago. It's out of the box my therapist put it into. You can't put it back in now!"

I choked on my coffee laughing at the expressions on my wife's face. I never knew she had such strong feelings about Denver the Last Dinosaur. Although she did grow up in Denver. In her day she sold lemonade to her neighbors in her cul de sac, now the neighborhood kids are selling pot brownies.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Should there not be? Sprint lists the location as "Daytona Beach-Deltona-Ormond Beach," so I split it into three pins so you can see all the communities they are listing.

The only change I would make is to label Ormond-Daytona as a pin, Port Orange-New Smyrna as a pin and Deltona-Deland-Orange City as a pin. That really is the way this area simulates itself. Just my opinion. love the map regardless. 

Edited by scotthilt
  • Like 1

You should add elk river, mn we have a working tower.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

In terms of geographical and metro areas, that falls under Minneapolis as far as Sprint is concerned. It will be "launched" when Minneapolis is, so it will not receive it's own pin. Sorry.

The only change I would make is to label Ormond-Daytona as a pin, Port Orange-New Smyrna as a pin and Deltona-Deland-Orange City as a pin. That really is the way this area simulates itself. Just my opinion. love the map regardless.

I try to stick to the way Sprint lists areas, so if when they "launch" the area, they list more or different cities, I will mark them. Otherwise, I will leave it as is for now.

• Like 1

I'm a former US Cellular customer in Bloomington, IL and like the prices and incentives that Sprint has going now and like all the talk of Network Vision so I moved to Sprint last week but I am still skeptical of the network and getting locked into a 2 year contract with a poor network.  Anyone have any advice before I take the plunge to Sprint? Is 4G/NV going to be a drastic improvement to what the Bloomington/Normal market currently has now for both voice and data?

With june coming still no announcement of Ohio like so many said their would be, wouldn't be such a bad wait if their 3g here in toledo was not so awful i'm pulling 50-200 kbps everywhere I go except one area and all I ever get told is we are upgrading the tower well that is the same excuse I heard when I first reported these speeds two years ago!

With june coming still no announcement of Ohio like so many said their would be, wouldn't be such a bad wait if their 3g here in toledo was not so awful i'm pulling 50-200 kbps everywhere I go except one area and all I ever get told is we are upgrading the tower well that is the same excuse I heard when I first reported these speeds two years ago!

Not sure where you heard it.  And I've never heard Toledo would have LTE available by June.  However, S4GRU has said that Toledo is a 4th Round market.  4th Round Markets were not slated to begin until the second half of 2013.  Toledo is starting on time.  So, whomever told you that Toledo was slated to begin earlier than this misinformed you.

Robert

• Like 1

Is 4G/NV going to be a drastic improvement to what the Bloomington/Normal market currently has now for both voice and data?

Yes it will, you just have to decide if it's worth waiting for.

In Point Place (north Toledo) I keep getting intermitent LTE on my iphone5, comes and goes!?

It's coming across the border from a complete site in Michigan.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Springfield had 800 mhz up for a few days. Had great signal and I notice today its off again and were back to EVDO. We also went from about a dozen upgrades in the area to nearly 50 in the last couple weeks according to the Sprint map. This will probably fluctuate greatly for the next few weeksmonths but its good to see things are moving forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Daphantoms---Regarding the Cummins Lane tower, I did a speed test a few days ago on my iPhone 4s and was surprised to see my download speeds were almost 2 Megabits per second! I've done speed tests many time before by that tower even very early in the morning and have never seen over 600kbps. The Sprint tower upgrade site also pegs it as getting a speed upgrade as well now.

Springfield is finally showing speed upgrades on the network.sprint site. One tower had 3 speed upgrades in the last 6 months, must have been having a lot of speed issues. When I was in Springfield a few days ago I did notice that I was able to check the weather and such rather quick. No waiting pages just appeared. I checked out a few towers best I could from IL125 but couldn't see much. Likely just fiber being installed right now. I know one vendor in this market is Cass Communications, glad they are providing some of it as they do get things up and running pretty fast. They ran a lot of fiber to the towers from the Macomb area to Astoria/Havana and over to Pleasant Plains when those were installed in the 08-09 time frame.

In Point Place (north Toledo) I keep getting intermitent LTE on my iphone5, comes and goes!?

if you guys follow the Toledo thread on this site me and Ryan have been searching all around the Toledo and have a few sites that have things being installed. There's even a tower in Sylvania that have cabinets and antennas installed. Like Rob said they are on schedule it may be slow but by the end of summer I think will have some type of LTE around the area. Sorry happen to just see this, back on topic now.
  • Like 1

From what I was told By A sprint store manager and The Area Rep, and several other sources, is Tyler, TX is getting LTE, or going to at least see some main sites up by the end of June. I have seen the speeds of 3g usually around 1.5-2.7Mbps, and have seen it drop to almost 20-50Kbps lately. And that is with The best signal possible. And the 3g notification drops, with no data but still connected with full bars. These are the beginning signs of the Installs right?

From what I was told By A sprint store manager and The Area Rep, and several other sources, is Tyler, TX is getting LTE, or going to at least see some main sites up by the end of June. I have seen the speeds of 3g usually around 1.5-2.7Mbps, and have seen it drop to almost 20-50Kbps lately. And that is with The best signal possible. And the 3g notification drops, with no data but still connected with full bars. These are the beginning signs of the Installs right?

They just recently started on work in the Tyler area. There will likely be a site or two live in the next 30 days or so. However, it will be months before there is city wide coverage in Tyler. There are also quite a few GMO sites around the Tyler area.

They just recently started on work in the Tyler area. There will likely be a site or two live in the next 30 days or so. However, it will be months before there is city wide coverage in Tyler. There are also quite a few GMO sites around the Tyler area.

Yeah I know the sites at major intersections and high density places will go first. They mainly were saying we should start to see it. They seem to be working on the tower right by my primary job. I work in a shopping center right beside some rooftop antennas so I will be watching for new panels and workers. Current signal I get from that location was like -49dBm.