• Asheville, NC
  • Statesville, NC
  • Altoona, PA
  • San Juan, PR
  • Kileen, TX
  • Temple, TX
  • La Crosse, WI

Moving on up to Pre-Launch status we have:

• New Haven, CT >> Had the first LTE available in CT!
  • Cape Coral, FL
  • Deltona, FL
  • Palm Coast, FL
  • Titusville, FL
  • Dalton, GA >> Part of the Nashville market
  • Houma, LA
  • Bayou Cane, LA
  • Morgan City, LA
  • Duluth, MN
  • Saint Cloud,MN
  • Cleveland, TN
  • Silverdale/Bremerton, WA >> First officially announced areas of the Pacific NW

And new cities added that have some LTE available in or nearby:

• Traverse City, MI
  • Kalamazoo, MI
  • Salem, OR
  • Eugine, OR
  • Tacoma, WA
  • Olympia, WA
  • Longview, WA

Do you know which tower in Cape Coral, Fl is up for pre-launch status?

Do you know which tower in Cape Coral, Fl is up for pre-launch status?

Don't know off the top of my head, I mostly go off of Sensorly for that, it's showing signal in the area now.

You can check the map yourself to see which towers are live right now.

Just to let you know hope mills nc and huge chunk of fort bragg nc and fayettville now have lte

i did speed test and got avg speeds around 76ms latency 9.7Mbit Down 2.3Mbit up

I will drive around lumberton nc tomorow to see if any of its towers have gone live

Edited by WarStoke
  • Like 1

Just to let you know hope mills nc and huge chunk of fort bragg nc and fayettville now have lte

i did speed test and got avg speeds around 76ms latency 9.7Mbit Down 2.3Mbit up

I will drive around lumberton nc tomorow to see if any of its towers have gone live

We've had a tower marked as complete down there for some time, about time someone saw some LTE! Make sure to run Sensorly! Until then, I can't mark the city as Pre-Launch.

ok was running open signal instead of sensorly but will run sensorly over the next few days

a week ago we had some soldiers on bragg come into my store telling me they were getting sprint lte in the barracks but since i cant get to that part of the base i didnt report

but i have an excuse to run around fayettville next week so ill be running sensorly pretty

Edited by WarStoke

I put together a map of cities where Sprint has already announced LTE, and the communities that Sprint has announced will have LTE soon. I have also marked the cities that have LTE available in the area, but are not yet launched. These are marked as Pre-Launch cities.

In total, there are about 318 cities or communities that have LTE or are slated to receive LTE soon.

I will update the map as more cities are launched, or Sprint adds more cities to the coming soon list.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="700" scrolling="no" src="http://batchgeo.com/map/e3c4ada15f4ca345079c2e66ed564c4b" style="border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170);" width="100%"></iframe>

KEY:

Coming Soon: Sprint has announced LTE will be coming in the next several months

Launched: Sprint has formally announced LTE in this area

Pre-Launch: This city has been announced by Sprint, LTE is available, but not formally launched.

LTE Available: This city has not been announced, but LTE is available in some locations.

View <a href="http://batchgeo.com/map/e3c4ada15f4ca345079c2e66ed564c4b">Sprint Current and Coming Soon LTE Communities</a> in a full screen map

Why is Daytona listed as coming soon, when it is on the first 100 list of cities to get LTE ?

Why is Daytona listed as coming soon, when it is on the first 100 list of cities to get LTE ?

Because it's coming soon? I'm not sure I follow your question. There is no LTE as of yet, so therefore it's still listed as Coming Soon.

All this talk about cleveland, ohio what about Toledo??? I have been told by sprint employees that we should have it this summer yet I don't see in this list? One employee confirmed they had tested lte here in october.

Only cities that have been officially announced are on the map. If Sprint follows the pattern it has been in, we should see more cities announced in the next couple of weeks. Work has yet to mobilize in the Ohio markets as far as I know. However things should be underway soon. Even so, it'll likely be up to a couple of months after work starts before we start seeing the new equipment come online.

All this talk about cleveland, ohio what about Toledo??? I have been told by sprint employees that we should have it this summer yet I don't see in this list? One employee confirmed they had tested lte here in october.

i wouldn't trust those people, tho the summer part sounds about right with at least LTE somewhere in our market, I also have a map of permits in the sponsor section as well of our market.

Anyone know how signal is around urbana or champaign?

No LTE yet but I haven't had a problem using the voice network in the Champaign-Urbana area. 3G data is slow but that may have improved since the last time I was through that area.

• Like 1

Not that weird; the Sprint Georgia market is a 3rd/4th round market, while Atlanta was 1st round. It's actually a bit surprising they've gone ahead with the 3G Ground Mount sites rather than waiting to do everything at once (without going too deeply into sponsor info, only a few of the sites that are "live" so far in the Georgia market are not GMOs).

My guess is now that most of the 2nd round markets are picking up steam and Atlanta-Athens is on the downswing the Georgia market will start getting more 4G love in the next month or two.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Quincy a few days ago and EVDO kept disappearing on the phone. Full bars voice but when it went to connect to EVDO it was just a tower icon.

I was in Bloomington Monday and the data is useless there. Anytime data tried to connect it timed out or gave a network busy error. Kind of wonder if it is harder to find cards and such for the equipment iPCS used. It seems like the iPCS markets are in worse shape than the Alamosa markets. I think the iPCS markets were even more spectrum constrained than the Alamosa markets which plays into the problems.

Went around and looked in Quincy. No Sprint RRUs that I could make out. I did find that T-Mobile has been rather busy in the area having several towers upgraded recently. I'm not sure if Sprint is on the tower near 54th and Broadway but that tower is in the running for having the most panels of any tower I have seen. http://www.americantower.com/SiteLocator/SiteBrochure.aspx?lngSiteId=82852&towerId=0&towerNumber=277318&country=united%20states

So, I'm looking at my HTC Evo LTE here in St Louis, MO in the Brentwood area (63117), and My 4g is turned on! 7114 kbps down, 2697 kbps up. That's the best I've had outside of Kansas City last time I visted. Hope they leave it on! Maybe I'll stay with sprint after all....

• Like 1