Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

Now when you mean rapidly, do you mean by like possibly the summer of this year (2013). I have not seen and word on the central Illinois area myself.

In late Spring/Early summer, work should be well under way in the Central Illinois market. Some Ground Mount sites may even start sooner than that.

Robert

• Like 1

In late Spring/Early summer, work should be well under way in the Central Illinois market. Some Ground Mount sites may even start sooner than that.

Robert

I imagine there may be a bit of a headache in some areas with the different affiliates that used to run these areas. I would guess each would have a slightly different setup. In the area of Central IL you had Sprint, Alamosa, and iPCS that ran portions of the network. I know the coverage by each varied greatly. It seemed iPCS always had the weaker signal. Not sure if it was the way they sited the towers, the power levels, or the panels but signal always tended to trail off quickly. The only sites that reliably put out signal for any distance were those that were 200+ feet.

On a side note Verizon is getting ready to build a new 250 foot tower outside of Rushville (Sugar Grove Road & Grates Ln). Must be for the 700 license as they do not own the 800 license just west of the new site. I don't think they have a 1900 license as they never built out any coverage from this area west to Quincy. Not Sprint but it is always fun watching a new tower go up.

Ugh. Whats happened to orange county, ca? Seems like its taken a dump on getting work done or even the possibility of having an LTE rollout any time soon.

Work is happening in Orange County RIGHT NOW! Currently there are 2 sites have have had LTE accepted, and many more that have recieved 3G upgrades. There are hundreds of sites in the Orange county market, it will take many months before there is a launchable amount of service, this is why it hasn't been mentioned in any press releases yet. However, it will likely be only a few weeks before you start to see LTE around the market. The difference is that many of the smaller markets that Sprint has announced have far fewer towers, so it takes much less time to get to a launchable amount of service. Orange county has not been forgotten. Far from it.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if sprint has upgraded any of the NASCAR tracks or deployed LTE? This would seem like a great place to deploy it, especially since they are the main sponsor. I haven't seen a single piece of information about it.

LTE is live around the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Ga.; I just drove around the area on Sunday and the strength is solid all the way around the outside of the speedway. I'd imagine several other tracks are already covered in other Sprint markets.

Does anyone know if sprint has upgraded any of the NASCAR tracks or deployed LTE? This would seem like a great place to deploy it, especially since they are the main sponsor. I haven't seen a single piece of information about it.

After all of the money spent on beer, dead dogs, and alimony, do NASCAR fans have anything leftover for LTE devices, let alone LTE service?

:P

AJ

• Like 4

Im new to this forum but wated to add the 4G LTE is live in Orange County CA in my ZIP 92870

Thanks for the report. We have a thread dedicated to OC in another part of this forum. This map only tracks cities that Sprint has officially announced as getting LTE in the coming months, or already has LTE launched.

Status upgrade for three more cities today! Joplin, MO, Midland, MI and Sebring, FL are now officially in Pre-Launch phase.

I would also like to mention that we are now seeing LTE go live in the OC, San Bernardino, San Diego, Detroit, Lansing MI, and Grand Rapids MI, areas, however they are not on the map at the moment because Sprint has not mentioned them yet.

I expect a new list from Sprint to be published in the next 10 days, including officially launching a few more communities.

• Like 3

Sorry, I missed it ;)

Add Portland, Mi for available too

I won't be adding every city and town, I'm guessing at which places Sprint might use in their press releases. So for now, only using larger cities that show up when zoomed out on Google maps.

I see that there is a yellow "LTE available" marker that has been placed in downtown Seattle. Is this confirmed? I haven't seen it pop up on sensorly or anywhere else.

I work in downtown Seattle and i can run by the area to try to map it.

I see that there is a yellow "LTE available" marker that has been placed in downtown Seattle. Is this confirmed? I haven't seen it pop up on sensorly or anywhere else.

I work in downtown Seattle and i can run by the area to try to map it.

Just means the Seattle area. Not necessarily downtown. The LTE that is available is southeast, Kent I think? But I can't put a point on for every single city, so I pick the biggest one in the area.

• Like 1

LTE is live around the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Ga.; I just drove around the area on Sunday and the strength is solid all the way around the outside of the speedway. I'd imagine several other tracks are already covered in other Sprint markets.

Most speedway's are equipped with temporary towers on the back of tractor trailer rigs during race weekend's. It's any bodies guess if they have upgraded this equipment yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2