Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

So what about the signals I have been recieving in certain areas of Everett, And Lynnwood, Washington? These cities are not designated at all with any of the 4 caregories?

I've been out of the country this month until Sunday. I have a lot of updates to add.

• Like 1

So, I'm looking at my HTC Evo LTE here in St Louis, MO in the Brentwood area (63117), and My 4g is turned on! 7114 kbps down, 2697 kbps up. That's the best I've had outside of Kansas City last time I visted. Hope they leave it on! Maybe I'll stay with sprint after all....

if you can, be sure to plot out any new lte areas with the sensorly app

Even though I am not in El Paso, tx, please update with the newly announced communities that will be getting soon.

I've been out of the country this month until Sunday. I have a lot of updates to add.

In time. I work in the television industry. As I'm sure you can imagine, this week has been hell.

• Like 1

Been working on getting the map up to date. Updated city/community list to 380 locations.

First up, the officially announced updates from Sprint!

Markets Launched (blue pins):

• Albemarle, N.C.
  • Bloomington, Ind.
  • Charlotte, N.C.
  • Contra Costa County, Calif.
  • Denison, Texas
  • Greeneville, Tenn.
  • Joplin, Mo.
  • Kerrville, Texas
  • Lafayette, Ind.
  • Lincolnton, N.C.
  • Los Angeles
  • Mankato/North Mankato, Minn.
  • Memphis, Tenn.
  • Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Newport News, Va.
  • Palm Bay, Fla.
  • Port St. Lucie, Fla.
  • Rochelle, Ill.
  • Salisbury, N.C.
  • Shelby, N.C.
  • Tullahoma, Tenn.
  • West Palm Beach, Fla.

Markets Coming Soon (red pins):

• Albertville, Ala.
  • Centralia, Wash.
  • Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
  • Durant, Okla.
  • El Paso, Texas
  • Enid, Okla.
  • Enterprise/Ozark, Ala.
  • Eugene/Springfield, Ore.
  • Faribault/Northfield, Minn.
  • Fargo, N.D.
  • Greenville, Miss.
  • Hattiesburg, Miss.
  • Jacksonville, Texas
  • Kennewick/Pasco/Richland, Wash.
  • LaGrange, Ga.
  • Longview, Texas
  • Longview, Wash.
  • Milledgeville, Ga.
  • Moses Lake, Wash.
  • Orlando, Fla.
  • Paducah, Ky.
  • Picayune, Miss.
  • Poplar Bluff, Mo.
  • Portland, Ore.
  • Russellville, Ark.
  • Seaford, Del.
  • Spokane, Wash.
  • Sterling, Ill.
  • Talladega/Sylacauga, Ala.
  • Tallahassee, Fla.
  • Tulsa, Okla.
  • Valdosta, Ga.
  • Wenatchee/East Wenatchee, Wash.
  • Yakima, Wash.

Markets Launched but not listed in the announcement (blue pins):

• Glendale, CA
  • Long Beach, CA
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Boynton Beach, FL
  • Melbourne, FL
  • Titusville, FL

And now, communities that have been added to the LTE Available list (yellow pins)

• King City, CA
  • Meriden, CT
  • Big Rapids, MI
  • Gaylord, MI
  • Mt. Pleasant, MI
  • Sturgis, MI
  • Rochester, MN
  • Allentown, PA
  • Northeast Philadelphia, PA
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Pauls Valley, OK
  • Albany, OR
  • Bellingham, WA
  • Vancouver, WA

Finally cities that have LTE available, in Pre-Launch phase (green pins):

• Brandenton, FL
  • Sarasota, FL
  • Naples, FL
  • Ormond Beach, FL
  • Port Charlotte, FL
  • Punta Gorda, FL
  • Thirbodaux, LA
  • Brainerd, MN
  • Dunn, NC
  • Fayetville, NC
  • Ardmore, OK
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Stillwater, OK
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Harlingen, TX

• Like 3

Been working on getting the map up to date. Updated city/community list to 380 locations.

First up, the officially announced updates from Sprint!

hey I see that Longview,Tx and Jacksonville,Tx are upcoming markets and Tyler is right in between them so is there a possibility we will see work done at the same time as Jacksonville and Longview,Tx

hey I see that Longview,Tx and Jacksonville,Tx are upcoming markets and Tyler is right in between them so is there a possibility we will see work done at the same time as Jacksonville and Longview,Tx

If they are in the same Sprint market, then yes. I don't know if they are in the same Sprint market.

uhhh, i hope they get Tucson soon..

You've got upgrades going on now! Whatever Sprint says with their little press releases is nothing compared with actually seeing boots on the ground and work being done. Full build sites are going on, so it's only a matter of time before LTE starts going live. Probably another month or so judging by the length of time it took to get Las Vegas going.

• Like 2

yes tyler Longview and Jacksonville are all in the east texas market

Well, the East Texas market is already in progress, so you will be seeing upgrades going on. In fact, there's already some sites upgraded in Tyler, so it's only a matter of backhaul at this point.

I wish that I could find a video clip because, folks, you have not lived until you have seen this Saturday Night Live sketch. "Civil War Memories: Ordinary Americans who never completed high school look back at the war between the states."

The sketch video is great, as it is done in the archival documentary and talking heads style of Ken Burns. Alas, I can find only the transcript:

http://snltranscript...gcivilwar.phtml

AJ

As a Civil War Skit, it rates right up there with Col. Angus.

Well, the East Texas market is already in progress, so you will be seeing upgrades going on. In fact, there's already some sites upgraded in Tyler, so it's only a matter of backhaul at this point.

ok well I'll be driving around tyler as we speak so maybe I'll see some lte

You've got upgrades going on now! Whatever Sprint says with their little press releases is nothing compared with actually seeing boots on the ground and work being done. Full build sites are going on, so it's only a matter of time before LTE starts going live. Probably another month or so judging by the length of time it took to get Las Vegas going.

I know they are doing it but from the map point of view it looks like they are moving at a snail's pace. My patience is just running thin, i got the whole "Oh yeah 4G will be up in a few months" when i got my phone almost 2 years ago. Then i come here and find out wimax is dead.

I know its moving and it will be here soon, guess i just have to keep waiting..

The Sprint site in Rushville, IL. These pics are also from the American Tower site as they seem to take great pics. Nothing has been done yet but these provide a great reference point.

Info from the site:

bullet.gifSite Name:RUSHVILLE IL

bullet.gifSite Number:273471

FCC 1271373

Schematics

https://ftptower.ame...11_11_26_14.pdf

Unfortunately, it looks like there's an AT&T sticker on the shelter door. Usually there's a label next to the power meter as well, but I didn't see one.

I was in Quincy a few days ago and EVDO kept disappearing on the phone. Full bars voice but when it went to connect to EVDO it was just a tower icon.

That's what happens when there are upgrades in the area. I don't know why.

but that tower is in the running for having the most panels of any tower I have seen. http://www.americant...united%20states

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/09qgcz5xejq1d29/zUhHU6ouQ7 I think I have you beat. ;-) There's actually another I've seen off of 294 that has 5 or 6 full carriers deployed on it.

No LTE yet but I haven't had a problem using the voice network in the Champaign-Urbana area. 3G data is slow but that may have improved since the last time I was through that area.

No,not improvement in the 3G area in Champagin Urbana. Painfully slow, hard to stream even radio. Don't thinkabout watching video. yes, the voice network is ok, put data is just horrid. And no LTE yet.

We don't have a lot of info right now about progress in central Illinois, however we have been told that the remaining Samsung markets should be kicking in over the next month or so. We should see work starting then late Spring, with noticeable improvements by early Summer.

No,not improvement in the 3G area in Champagin Urbana. Painfully slow, hard to stream even radio. Don't thinkabout watching video. yes, the voice network is ok, put data is just horrid. And no LTE yet.

I was in Bloomington a few weeks ago and data was useless. Lots of network busy errors or the page would just time out. I wish the 3G was at least somewhat usable. They haven't really done much for network improvements on the 3G side according to the Sprint site. I would guess some of that may be due to the hardware in place in the iPCS footprint.

We don't have a lot of info right now about progress in central Illinois, however we have been told that the remaining Samsung markets should be kicking in over the next month or so. We should see work starting then late Spring, with noticeable improvements by early Summer.

At least samsing is running the show :D. They've had a pretty good track record so far

I know they are doing it but from the map point of view it looks like they are moving at a snail's pace. My patience is just running thin, i got the whole "Oh yeah 4G will be up in a few months" when i got my phone almost 2 years ago. Then i come here and find out wimax is dead.

I know its moving and it will be here soon, guess i just have to keep waiting..

It takes a while to ramp up, most markets once they're in their grove get around 8 - 10 sites per week. Some, obviously way more, some less, especially at the beginning. Alcatel Lucent only does 3G for several months. Once they start doing LTE, it can pop up anywhere, it's not always the 3G accepted sites that get the initial wave of LTE.

It takes a while to ramp up, most markets once they're in their grove get around 8 - 10 sites per week. Some, obviously way more, some less, especially at the beginning. Alcatel Lucent only does 3G for several months. Once they start doing LTE, it can pop up anywhere, it's not always the 3G accepted sites that get the initial wave of LTE.

Guess im just not getting it. It seems weird the way they are doing it but it must have a point.

Back to the waiting game!

Guess im just not getting it. It seems weird the way they are doing it but it must have a point.

Back to the waiting game!

Check out your mqrket thread for accurate lte reports.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by mellimel2212