LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Just in case anyone was curious and wants to disable thermal throttling on the Sprint G2, you need to access the hidden menu and disable a menu setting.

Use the dialer code 5689#*980# to access the LG Hidden Menu options and select Thermal Mitigation On/Off menu and select Off.  Be very careful not to enable/disable other options in this Hidden Menu that you are not familiar with.  

Credits go to autoprime from XDA for this information.

• Like 1

Just in case anyone was curious and wants to disable thermal throttling on the Sprint G2, you need to access the hidden menu and disable a menu setting.

Use the dialer code 5689#*980# to access the LG Hidden Menu options and select Thermal Mitigation On/Off menu and select Off.  Be very careful not to enable/disable options in this Hidden Menu that you are not familiar with.  

Wait, what does this do?

Wait, what does this do?

It means that the phone does not underclock the CPU even if the phone gets too hot, mostly good for benchmarking and gaming. One noticeable difference is that the phone doesn't turn down the screen brightness which it used to do for preventing overheating.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2356766

YES!!!

I can (show) 5 bars of voice...then make a call, and suddenly it dumps off of the Airave and onto 2 bars of VZW roaming for the call.

OR...it'll make the call on the Airave...(along with the popcorn sound in the earpiece), and the voice becomes so garbled from it trying to jump off of the Airave that I have to hang up and try again...

I'm not sure why it won't play nice with the Airave..I got 14 days though, right ...

If I can't get it to work, I'll go back and get my wife the HTC One...

Digiblur:

The HTC wasn't for me and I didn't make any recommendations...my sister-in-law and wife both liked playing with that particular phone, and opted for it rather than the G2..

If it was me...I would've got the Nexus ..but I don't have to use it so I let them decide ...she got the one she wanted...and so far it's working pretty well...even with the Airave.

i'm having the same issues 

Use the dialer code 5689#*980# to access the LG Hidden Menu options and select Thermal Mitigation On/Off menu and select Off. Be very careful not to enable/disable other options in this Hidden Menu that you are not familiar with.

Thank you so much for this as you have found the menu which can access lte only mode! Click IOT (CDG2), system selection, then network mode. All kinds of great settings have now come available. Unfortunately I am not in an lte area right now. It's a wiimax area but no band 41 yet. Will post some results in the next day or 2 from a Cleveland band 41 area. But phone does not restart with setting change. Is there any device that could possibly make a shortcut/toggle for this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My wife was telling me she thought it was interesting how we both had the same phone but they look so different. It got me wondering how everyone else has theirs customized.

tmp_Screenshot_2013-11-27-17-17-41-118329429.png

tmp_IMG_20131127_172600846477426.jpg

I love the rabbit wallpaper, i currently have a stock wallpaper right now. I was using a picture of my car on my note2 but havent gotten a good shot with the g2 yet because of weather (light mx5 miata and slippery roads equals sweet slides but mostly dont like driving it in bad weather due to small size) although that gives me a idea on using the 1080p 60 fps.... maybe drift vids?... haha anyway i keep raving about this phone to anyone who asks is.it a good phone. And one more thing Happy Thanksgiving all!

Thank you so much for this as you have found the menu which can access lte only mode! Click IOT (CDG2), system selection, then network mode. All kinds of great settings have now come available. Unfortunately I am not in an lte area right now. It's a wiimax area but no band 41 yet. Will post some results in the next day or 2 from a Cleveland band 41 area. But phone does not restart with setting change. Is there any device that could possibly make a shortcut/toggle for this?

So is there a place in here to change the LTE scan timer?

I'm looking but these different acronyms I don't know what they mean. 

..and does it lie and you got 3G when it's really 1X?

Oh, not this again. You have been around long enough to know why your question above is wrong.

AJ

So this Sunday is my upgrade. Is the G2 the way to go, or have there been too many issues with it? I have been reading about quite a few,that makes me nervous, but I would just like to know what people think. Is it worth it?

So this Sunday is my upgrade. Is the G2 the way to go, or have there been too many issues with it? I have been reading about quite a few,that makes me nervous, but I would just like to know what people think. Is it worth it?

You are so lucky Blake.  You can get the G2 for only $49.99 on upgrade.  GRRR part of me wishes that I waited until Black Friday to upgrade to the G2.

For only $49.99, I think it is a no brainer.

• Like 1

You are so lucky Blake.  You can get the G2 for only $49.99 on upgrade.  GRRR part of me wishes that I waited until Black Friday to upgrade to the G2.

For only $49.99, I think it is a no brainer.

Well, you see, I have to get it at best buy... Will it still be that price?

Well, you see, I have to get it at best buy... Will it still be that price?

Why do you have to get it at best buy???!?!??  I don't know about best buy dude.  The promotion is only for online or through Sprint telesales according to the press release below.

http://investors.sprint.com/file.aspx?iid=4057219&fid=20918641

Why do you have to get it at best buy???!?!??  I don't know about best buy dude.  The promotion is only for online or through Sprint telesales according to the press release below.

http://investors.sprint.com/file.aspx?iid=4057219&fid=20918641

Best Buy says $49.99 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-g2-mobile-phone-white-sprint/1710032.p?id=1219061251692&skuId=1710032&seeAll=

• Like 1

Is there any way to see what band I'm on without ##DEBUG#? I've been enabling and disabling 26 and 41 on and off, but I'm fairly certain my main tower is only 25.

SignalCheck doesn't provide this information, and I'm just curious. I know i can keep checking, but it would be nice to have an option to alert, like 800SMR does.

Whatever it takes to get LG more sales.  I think the more sales LG sees the more they will feel confident about supporting their phones since people are buying them.

Is there any way to see what band I'm on without ##DEBUG#? I've been enabling and disabling 26 and 41 on and off, but I'm fairly certain my main tower is only 25.

SignalCheck doesn't provide this information, and I'm just curious. I know i can keep checking, but it would be nice to have an option to alert, like 800SMR does.

In my market B41 GCIs start with a different set of numbers then B25. So I just use signal check.

Thank you so much for this as you have found the menu which can access lte only mode! Click IOT (CDG2), system selection, then network mode. All kinds of great settings have now come available.

So that the network settings gurus can supply interpretation, we would appreciate caps of all of the screens. Thanks...

AJ

On 11/27/2013 at 11:01 PM, WiWavelength said:

Oh, not this again. You have been around long enough to know why your question above is wrong.

AJ

The problems I've had with my GS3 + Airave and never getting 3G on MY Gs3...but my mother-in-law has a GS3, and soon as I turn wifi off, 3G pops up on hers....using the same Airave...

The only time I'm seeing 3G is when I write a certain PRL to my (ex-GS3) ...far as the G2...SignalCheck said it was 1X signal, while the G2's showing it as 3G....that's why I asked.

Nothing about what's going on in my house has any rhyme or reason...one phone will get 3G no problem from the Airave...sit another 3G phone down and turn wifi off and you can't find 3G signal to save your life. I'm beginning to wonder if running my Airave through those powerline adapters that I beta tested for Netgear is putting some limitation on my throughput and won't allow but 1 or 2 devices to be on 3G at the same time...because I should be able to do 3 + 3 voice and data on that particular airave...

I can usually get 1 phone to hit on the 3G...but no more than that...

So with that in mind...and the issues I'm having ...I can't be sure without something to base it on..

Even at home, with my Airave...if I turn off Wifi on my LG G2, it picks up the Airave and shows a great signal...but moving the Powerline adapters off of the equation and running straight from router doesn't help matters..