Sprint Axed Old Family Plans for New My Way Plans

JohnMikolay22

Working at Best Buy we has a customer want to add a line to their sprint family plan on the everything data share. Our system only gave us the option for the new my ways plans and our sales support said that the everything data share plans no longer exist as an option for new lines.

Did anyone see Sprint announce this anywhere. Everywhere I had looked pointed to keeping the old plans for the time being and no plans of removing tthem. I just think it is strange that sprint didn't communicate this and now everywhere you look the plans seem to be completely gone unless your already on it. Anyone have any links about them saying they were going to remove it on a certain date?

Working at Best Buy we has a customer want to add a line to their sprint family plan on the everything data share. Our system only gave us the option for the new my ways plans and our sales support said that the everything data share plans no longer exist as an option for new lines.

Did anyone see Sprint announce this anywhere. Everywhere I had looked pointed to keeping the old plans for the time being and no plans of removing tthem. I just think it is strange that sprint didn't communicate this and now everywhere you look the plans seem to be completely gone unless your already on it. Anyone have any links about them saying they were going to remove it on a certain date?

I wanted a old plan also that was at Wal-Mart. There was nothing they could do for me. Even called their DM. Looks like there is a few ppl out there that still want the old plan, including me. We just out of luck.

The new plans just cost so much compared to the old ones when you look at accounts like mine where we have 5 smartphones. It's about an $80 dollar difference for us to switch to the new and only to gain unlimited landline minutes. It's just strange to see how sprint removed it without warning. In areas like Cincinnati we would sell sprint because it was cheaper than the other carriers despite the coverage not being as great. It will be a lot harder to sell them in my area now for sure.

I'm not sure. Our sales support told us they wouldn't do it but we just found out that this was the reason our system has been not showing it anymore. There was no communication to our store that they would even be taken out. I guess we'll have to see how it goes when different customers try to do different things to get it.

The new plans just cost so much compared to the old ones when you look at accounts like mine where we have 5 smartphones. It's about an $80 dollar difference for us to switch to the new and only to gain unlimited landline minutes. It's just strange to see how sprint removed it without warning. In areas like Cincinnati we would sell sprint because it was cheaper than the other carriers despite the coverage not being as great. It will be a lot harder to sell them in my area now for sure.

This is exactly why I have Sprint. Their network is poor compared to the other guys but I get the discount for it plus I don't have to watch my data usage except for when roaming.

When they raise the cost of the Hyundai to the price of the BMW it no longer makes sense to look at the Hyundai anymore.

• Like 5

When they raise the cost of the Hyundai to the price of the BMW it no longer makes sense to look at the Hyundai anymore.

I disagree.  Look at it this way -- if you catch my drift.  When BMW is a German company and Germany is waging war against the rest of the world, you might not want to have your money go to support that unjust cause.

I am not a price conscious wireless consumer.  I could have any wireless provider I choose.  But I will not give a dime to support the duopoly and the tremendous harm that they are doing to broadband in this country.

AJ

• Like 7

The old plans got turned off on the 10th for us. We have to call Sprint sales support to process an upgrade on the old plans. I personally haven't had to deal with an add a line situation.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The old plans got turned off on the 10th for us. We have to call Sprint sales support to process an upgrade on the old plans. I personally haven't had to deal with an add a line situation.

What retail channel are you in?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I don't know if this helps but it was hinted for awhile in the link below.  See the pic below at the bottom and in the link (for a better close up picture) where it says on 10/11/13, the Everything Data and Simply Everything plans were expiring.  Sure enough on 10/11/13, the plans did officially expire.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4664-sprint-one-up-programbreaking-news-response-to-jumpedgenext/?p=205342

EverythingData Expire.jpg

That sucks for you guys

On the plus side, Sprint sales support is really fast and easy to deal with. By far my favorite carrier to call.

Good keep doing upgrades! With the commission change we had earlier this year upgrades are pretty much worthless unless they get $50 or more in accessories.

That sucks.

Sell less upgrades, add more tablets ;-)

I called customer service last week asking about adding a line for my mother in law and I was told she had to sign up for the new My Way plan but once she did, I could call customer service and they can move it over to my 1500 Everything plan.

Hm, this again?

Yes, the old Everything Data plans are now "expired". That means that new accounts cannot be put on it, and an account that moves off of it cannot move back to it. This happened on 10/11/2013, Sprint-wide.

If you are already on the Everything Data plan, you can keep doing upgrades as normal. If you are below your 5 line limit, you can (credit willing) even keep adding lines to Everything Data, up to 5 per plan. 

Sprint did communicate this to Preferred Retailers and Corporate Owned Retail fairly well. For co-branded stores like Best Buy, well, I don't know how you work, so I have no idea. I heard it from the Sprint Playbook, as well as my manager, and his manager (whose distro list I'm on), as well as our Account Executive...

"Everything, My Way" is Sprint's current plan pricing structure from here on out. Also remember that for the One Up program for smartphones, you need to be on a My Way plan, so there have already been some switchovers.

I disagree.  Look at it this way -- if you catch my drift.  When BMW is a German company and Germany is waging war against the rest of the world, you might not want to have your money go to support that unjust cause.

I am not a price conscious wireless consumer.  I could have any wireless provider I choose.  But I will not give a dime to support the duopoly and the tremendous harm that they are doing to broadband in this country.

AJ

While I understand what you're saying, AJ what about the people who are only covered by the duopoly, do you just not have any cell phone? 

Also, what about people in markets like Digiblur where the Sprint network is crap, shouldn't the consumer punish a bad network and support a good one?

This was mentioned in one of the employee news emails and also in one of the "everything you need for sunday" emails.

Best Buy was not able to do anything with my way plans until about a month after it was released. This was due mostly to the inhouse applications (Beast) we use not having the new plans loaded.

As of at least 3 weeks I know that all New Accounts activated at BBM were to be done as My Way. No option.

Existing customers wanting to add a line to the account COULD depending on the acct be added to the existing Unlimited Data Share 1500/3000 but a call to NSS is recommended BEFORE doing this; just to CYA. They will still need to be loaded as My Way but NSS can then put it all back to Share.

Any existing customer wishing to keep Unlimited Data Share 1500 or 3000 would need to be loaded to the My Way options provided, then call NSS and have them do the switch.

For both; add on and upgrades, I strongly recommend calling NSS before doing anything on the acct. This forces the Rep at NSS to make acct notations that can be used if IF needed.

@l3x

BBYM 1411

• Like 1

I pre ordered my G2 from Best Buy online and it gave me the option of keeping my existing plan or moving to the my way plans and I chose my existing plan with no problems.

I did the same thing, but I have a feeling we will have some trouble getting the phone activated whenever it arrives.

While I understand what you're saying, AJ what about the people who are only covered by the duopoly, do you just not have any cell phone? 

Also, what about people in markets like Digiblur where the Sprint network is crap, shouldn't the consumer punish a bad network and support a good one?

I'll give my experience.

If Sprint had service in Chester, Illinois or T-Mobile would upgrade their tower here from EDGE to HSPA+ I'd port out to either of those carriers so fast it would make people's heads spin.  I'm not going to punish my other family members, however, who insist on being on Verizon, and are unwilling to consider other carriers. If I could sell them on Sprint or T-Mobile being nearly equivalent service for a much lower rate, they'd be willing to go. 

Prepaid is a much better model for individuals but even Simple Choice is still far better than what the duopoly tries to pull, which is charge low prices for handsets with subsidy then sock customers with higher rate plans and shared, tiered data plans. 

For all the complaining about the VZW/AT&T duopoly I still have not seen a single idea that would even the score. These companies have a duopoly because of rural spectrum. Sprint had rural spectrum and it took them YEARS just to deploy it because they didn't start on Network Vision earlier as well as clearing out enough Nextel spectrum to deploy it much earlier. 

The US model, for all that people complain, still produces, speed wise and coverage wise, some of the best service in the world. That's why AT&T and Verizon clean up at this. Some may say AT&T and Verizon bought that advantage. To most customers, that is completely irrelevant. At the end of the day, it's coverage. Also, in most cases when AT&T and Verizon have bought something, they ripped out the old network and built their own over the existing tower structures. They've also greatly enhanced the backhaul they got over what existed from the regionals. 

Compare the US RootMetrics to the UK tests. There's no comparison, the only network that really comes close to any of the big four over there is EE, who had an early move to LTE due to their clearing out of DCS 1800 MHz spectrum. When Sprint has TD-LTE spectrum they'll be far faster than the fastest network in Britain, and they're 4th of the majors in the US LTE speed race. That should give you an idea of how far the US is ahead. 

If you don't want to support the duopoly, great, but I think people will continue to support the model because coverage works over a far greater area under the duopoly umbrella. That may suck if you want competition but in the end I think the end game is Sprint and T-Mobile combining under the SoftBank umbrella and working together to build a network that can truly compete with the two big dogs. 

• Like 1