Sprint One Up program......breaking news (response to Jump/Edge/Next)

Rocket87

Pretty cool. Now, this $15 discount, does it only apply to just the main line or per each device on the account that participates? Also, did I see in one of those pics that the old plans are going away?

God dam that picture quality

take screenshots not with your phone

Be happy that he was nice enough to give us this information. The pics seemed easy enough to read, honestly.

• Like 15

"10/11/13: Expiring Everything Data/Messaging Rate Card"  

"Expired" has previously meant once its gone, its gone.  Hmm.  Baiting us off the Everything Data plans. 

.................and we wait to find out if normal 2 year renewals will get to keep the Everything Data plans when we upgrade. 

Its a win for Sprint because it presumably forces all customers on the program to purchase from sprint, preventing the deeper discounting of 3rd party retailers /commissions paid.  This will likely lessen the aggressiveness of upgrade pricing and return some of the larger gaps between new customer and upgrade pricing that was most prevalent years ago. 

Really DO NOT LIKE that it requires the device traded to be the device that was previously upgraded.  I could understand if , say, the device traded has to have a buyback value thats equal or higher than the one you last got.....  (to prevent someone from getting a note and trading in a dinosaur) but what if you get a turd like the EVO LTE and are on the program?  Unless you have insurance, you're either stuck with the device or you threw the extra money away.    I expect they will sell the TEP hard with this . 

So there's a $27 monthly fee for the phone and a $15 discount on the service, so it's essentially a $12 monthly payment for the device? And one of the slides says IL (NVP) discounting can be combined with the $15 One Up discount. Is the IL NVP discount the discount that employees of certain companies get off of the monthly service? If you can get that discount in addition to the $15, this might not be a bad deal.

• Like 1

So there's a $27 monthly fee for the phone and a $15 discount on the service, so it's essentially a $12 monthly payment for the device? And one of the slides says IL (NVP) discounting can be combined with the $15 One Up discount. Is the IL NVP discount the discount that employees of certain companies get off of the monthly service? If you can get that discount in addition to the $15, this might not be a bad deal.

The discount comes iff the data portion. So if I read it right a 10% discount would look like this.

My way. 50

Unlimited data 30

Nvp discount. -3

Up discount. -15

IPhone 5s. 27

= $89 a month + tax

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

The discount comes iff the data portion. So if I read it right a 10% discount would look like this. My way. 50 Unlimited data 30 Nvp discount. -3 Up discount. -15 IPhone 5s. 27 = $89 a month + tax Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for doing the math on it. Maybe it's not as good of a deal as I was thinking with all those discounts.

• Like 1

I feel like it's just to compete with the others. None of these programs are beneficial for customers. But honestly many customers just want a free phone when they walkout of the store. Even more want to upgrade more often. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that get the Sprint home phone just to save a $100 up front and then pay $20 a month to let it sit in their closet. We are not typical Sprint customers here at s4gru,I promise you.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

It just depends on the customer. For those who find it painful to spend $200 for a new phone or those who can get used to a higher monthly price and get that itch for a new phone, it looks tempting.

I am cheap, so if I combine my 10% credit union discount with the $15 program discount and get free activation from the credit union discount, I can keep my monthly bill in check and not have to scrape the barrel to afford a nice triband phone and something nice for my wife. Last time when I bought two Evo 3Ds, I didn't have the discount so I paid $424+$72 activation plus added $20/month 4G premium and $16/month TEP. Talk about eating pickles and peanut butter for a month from the back of the pantry while recovering from that blow.

• Like 1