Question about TRI Band and LTE Deployment

So I know Sprint is planning to roll out LTE and be the first to offer tri band phones.

I also know that on the Sprint forums, their employees are saying the other two frequencies have not been deployed, but there are people who say they have been able to use LTE 800 (Los Angeles in particular).

Softbank also said that it would be a couple years before consumers in the US start seeing changes since it takes time to get infrastructure in place.

So is Sprint going to roll out their LTE 1900 and finish work on that first, or are they simultaneously working on deploying all bands?

Also do we know what the average time frame should/will be for 800 to be deployed? I read some forums where people say it will be common within a year, and others saying it will take them two years or so.

It really just depends on which market you live in. Some places will have tri-band coverage right away (like Chicago) and other markets (like San Diego) won't have 800 MHz because of the IBEZ nor will they have 2500 MHz because of inadequate infrastructure. Sprint needs more sites for a full scale 2500 MHz deployment. Son is correct when he says it will take YEARS to get Sprint up to speed. (IMO)

So I know Sprint is planning to roll out LTE and be the first to offer tri band phones.

I also know that on the Sprint forums, their employees are saying the other two frequencies have not been deployed, but there are people who say they have been able to use LTE 800 (Los Angeles in particular).

Softbank also said that it would be a couple years before consumers in the US start seeing changes since it takes time to get infrastructure in place.

So is Sprint going to roll out their LTE 1900 and finish work on that first, or are they simultaneously working on deploying all bands?

Also do we know what the average time frame should/will be for 800 to be deployed? I read some forums where people say it will be common within a year, and others saying it will take them two years or so.

I think people are confused between LTE 800 and CDMA 800 since there is no LTE 800 launched to date. You'll be surprised at how often people get confused between the 2.

This is how I think they get confused.  They download the SignalCheck Pro and Lite app.  They get a 1x800 alert/sound or see it on their phone but at the same time they are also connected to LTE.  At this point, the average user assumes that they are connecting to LTE 800 because they don't question if you can be connected to CDMA 800 and LTE 1900 at the same time on different frequencies.  I think they assume that CDMA and LTE must go together so if CDMA is connected at 800 MHz then LTE must be connected at 800 MHz as well which we know is not the case.  Or else by that theory, we would never connect to LTE 2600 because Sprint is not deploying CDMA 2600.

The only way to confirm LTE 800 is to look at the engineering screens to see if you are connected to B26 and as far as I know, no one has reported or shown screenshots of engineering.  I bet if these folks looked at their engineering screens it would show B25 connected.

Sprint is deploying or at least setting up for LTE in all bands at this moment.  LTE 1900 and LTE 2600 deployment is ongoing as we speak and LTE 800 is going to start ramping up in Q4.  The LTE 800 equipment is already installed on deployed NV towers and all Sprint has done is just turn off those radios since when they were launched the iDEN network was still active.  Now crews have to go back and make some configuration adjustments and LTE 800 can be lit up real quick.  The LTE 2600 deployment is an entirely different effort that is being deployed on the Clearwire side. 

If you become a Premier Sponsor you can see all the progress between LTE 2600 and LTE 800.

• Like 1

The only way to confirm LTE 800 is to look at the engineering screens to see if you are connected to B26 and as far as I know, no one has reported or shown screenshots of engineering.  I bet these folks if they looked at their engineering screens would show B25 connected.

Just to piggyback on this, the only Smartphones that can use BC26 are the iPhone 5C and 5S. Other than that, you've got the Netgear Zing, and the MiFi 500. Nothing else. If you think you're on 800 LTE on another device, you're probably just mistaken.

• Like 2

I was about to get the Galaxy Note 3, then I saw this piece here: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/162029-sprint-turns-on-lte-tdd-allowing-it-to-compete-with-att-and-verizons-coverage-and-performance, saying that the new LTE had been silently turned on in Los Angeles! Now I guess I'm comsidering the LG G2, although I would love to hear of a tri-band LTE Note 3 coming eventually!

I was about to get the Galaxy Note 3, then I saw this piece here: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/162029-sprint-turns-on-lte-tdd-allowing-it-to-compete-with-att-and-verizons-coverage-and-performance, saying that the new LTE had been silently turned on in Los Angeles! Now I guess I'm comsidering the LG G2, although I would love to hear of a tri-band LTE Note 3 coming eventually!

I doubt it unless you want to wait until the note 4. It probably be best to get your Triband device next year anyway.

I was about to get the Galaxy Note 3, then I saw this piece here: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/162029-sprint-turns-on-lte-tdd-allowing-it-to-compete-with-att-and-verizons-coverage-and-performance, saying that the new LTE had been silently turned on in Los Angeles! 

You did see the article's source? "Sprint has silently activated LTE TDD in eight metropolitan markets,according to S4GRU"

I would recommend becoming a sponsor. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

• Like 1

I just want 800 LTE in Chicago already. I have my iPhone 5s waiting for it. I check field test all the time. I would love to be the forum guinea pig for what is more than likely going to be the first 800 LTE market. Does anyone know if there is a way to force bc26 or to scan for it? Probably not from an iphone, just thought I would ask.