Will Galaxy Nexus have both wimax and LTE radios?

Guest justladyc

Guest justladyc

Hello all,

I have done a bit of research and I cannot find a definite answer to my question: Will the Sprint Galaxy Nexus have both wimax and LTE radios?

I have wimax in my area now (Jacksonville, fl), but it's kinda weak in a lot of places. And I don't see any plans for LTE in my city. I really like the Nexus, but I don't want to switch to an LTE-only phone when I don't have LTE yet. (Yes, I can use 3G, but I do use wimax from time-to-time and I will miss the speeds.)

Does anyone know if both radios are possible? (Also, any info on J-ville receiving LTE?)

Thanks!

From everything I have seen, Sprint is not going to sell any more phones with WiMax. The antennas for WiMax and LTE wouldn't fit in the Nexus current form anyway. It would be really nice to have phones that would be capable of both 4G technologies in this transition, but sadly I don't see it happening. As far as Jacksonville getting LTE, it hasn't been announced yet but stay tuned to S4GRU.com for updates. New cities are announced in chat sessions and then on the wall the next morning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I located the thread on here about Sprint not releasing any more WiMax phones here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/76-sprint-remains-lukewarm-to-wp/

Owens also confirmed that Sprint would expectedly now be focusing all of its intention on its new LTE network, and not produce any more WiMAX-based phones -- although, as it's noted previously Sprint will continue to support the network itself through 2015.

As Bond would say, Never Say Never.

Although I do agree from all reports it does look like 99% no more WiMax radios, But its that 1% that is nice to think about.

personally, I do not see why it would be so bad. It would keep those customers that are about to end their contract and are in a Wimax area not getting LTE to still stay and renew with Sprint.

As Bond would say, Never Say Never.

Although I do agree from all reports it does look like 99% no more WiMax radios, But its that 1% that is nice to think about.

personally, I do not see why it would be so bad. It would keep those customers that are about to end their contract and are in a Wimax area not getting LTE to still stay and renew with Sprint.

I agree, however, sprint did say no more handsets with wimax (the article is floating around S4GRU somewhere). And, honestly, It might be a good thing, that is 10 dollars per line that will go right into Sprint's pocket instead of having to split it with Clear. I'd just rather see Sprint see the revenues increase so that NV will be more likely continue the high speed pace through 2013.

I agree, however, sprint did say no more handsets with wimax (the article is floating around S4GRU somewhere). And, honestly, It might be a good thing, that is 10 dollars per line that will go right into Sprint's pocket instead of having to split it with Clear. I'd just rather see Sprint see the revenues increase so that NV will be more likely continue the high speed pace through 2013.

Post 4 in this thread has the link and quote... just saying

• Like 2

There are a small handful of WiMax protection sites that are coming online soon according to a Clearwire source. Stay tuned.

Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 1

New Protection sites? Wow. What a shocker. Hopefully Clearwire will start upgrading to LTE as well. I'm really looking forward to what's in store for the rest of the year for LTE devices.

New protection sites!??? Oh please share

There are a small handful of WiMax protection sites that are coming online soon according to a Clearwire source. Stay tuned.

Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

Sent from my geriatric Evo

I'm waiting for more info. But I know one is in Vineland, NJ. Less than a dozen total. Stay tuned.

Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 2

hmm that's very close to me. well.. close enough. if you need confirmation let me know.

I'm still waiting on my Clearwire source! But I just might take you up on the offer.

Robert