Novatel MiFi 500 (Sprint Tri-Band Hotspot)

dedub

My order got approved and is waiting for inventory to come in! :) I'm quite excited. I just hope they don't cancel it. I'm starting to think that if they can't verify card billing address with shipping address they will cancel the order, and if you ordered more than one time under the same name. I can't blame them for limiting due to overwhelming demand.

I still agree with those of you that think Sprint had something to do with this. It's the cheapest and easiest way to get people off the WiMax network by letting them have a free MiFi without a contract.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

"Money's for Nothin and Your Chicks are free"...free Mifi's and no contract..whoa...whoa..Greeks bearing gifts

among us..AJ, you must have a video or song for this..whatsup with that!...get people off of Wimax, when in my case, I'll

have no LTE love for mostly likely another year hear at the house..yeah in launched markets sounds like a good marketing

tool but in BIG places like OC and SD Cali LTE from what I read here is still a hit-or-miss thing! Please ol Sprint don't

take my wimax away until LTE is solid!!

I still agree with those of you that think Sprint had something to do with this. It's the cheapest and easiest way to get people off the WiMax network by letting them have a free MiFi without a contract.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

i entered all my info exactly as i've always entered it when i buy stuff online..... did you guys put - in your phone number? thats the only thing i can think of.....

edit to clarify, i meant putting a dash - in the phone number, like 123-456-7890 or 1234567890. i had been doing it without the dash - just tried it again with the dash, also put my name exactly has it shows on my card, we will see what happens now.

i entered all my info exactly as i've always entered it when i buy stuff online..... did you guys put - in your phone number? thats the only thing i can think of.....

I put my phone number, but I don't think it will matter. I tried putting my address as shipping, and used my girlfriends card and checked the box to enter a different billing address, and it said ready to shipped for like one second, then changed back to order validation. :(

on a somewhat sadder note, I am in University City and I kicked it to LTE only and it didn't pull up a signal. So I guess that means no Clearwire LTE yet. There doesn't seem to be Sprint LTE yet in ucity either as witnessed by my htc one. 

I am gonna take it with me to South county in a couple hours and see what I pick up there. 

on a somewhat sadder note, I am in University City and I kicked it to LTE only and it didn't pull up a signal. So I guess that means no Clearwire LTE yet. There doesn't seem to be Sprint LTE yet in ucity either as witnessed by my htc one. 

I am gonna take it with me to South county in a couple hours and see what I pick up there. 

Why are you surprised?  I assume you are talking University City in Missouri.   When the internal memo said that only 8 markets have been launched with Clearwire LTE, I would assume that it is going to be those 8 markets for now. 

Also we don't know right now if Clearwire will be allowing folks to connect to the TD-LTE as soon as they are finished with each of the intended towers like Sprint allows customers to connect to the LTE as soon as a Network Vision site is LTE complete.  Clearwire could be blocking off users and waiting until a market has all their TD-LTE sites complete before allowing users to use it.  There must be other markets that are in progress of TD-LTE upgrades and I have only heard of Dallas being one in progress.

Why are you surprised?  I assume you are talking University City in Missouri.   When the internal memo said that only 8 markets have been launched with Clearwire LTE, I would assume that it is going to be those 8 markets for now. 

Also we don't know right now if Clearwire will be allowing folks to connect to the TD-LTE as soon as they are finished with each of the intended towers like Sprint allows customers to connect to the LTE as soon as a Network Vision site is LTE complete.  Clearwire could be blocking off users and waiting until a market has all their TD-LTE sites complete before allowing users to use it.  There must be other markets that are in progress of TD-LTE upgrades and I have only heard of Dallas being one in progress.

I'm not surprised. I was just seeing if maybe there was some development going on behind the scenes that hadn't been announced yet. Robert mentioned finding signal in Denver so I figured I would try looking for it here.

Robert mentioned finding signal in Denver so I figured I would try looking for it here.

Robert knew that Denver was one of the disclosed markets.  We announced it in this thread:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-sprint-td-lte-25002600mhz-discussion/

AJ

I'm not surprised. I was just seeing if maybe there was some development going on behind the scenes that hadn't been announced yet. Robert mentioned finding signal in Denver so I figured I would try looking for it here.

I don't know if you saw the internal memo that Robert received but it listed Denver as a soft launch market for TD-LTE.  Robert just so happened to be in Denver and was eager to verify that TD-LTE was live there.  Here is the link for the reference.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-sprint-td-lte-25002600mhz-discussion/?p=171765

These were the listed soft launched TD-LTE markets in the memo

Los Angeles,

San Francisco,

Denver,

Seattle,

Miami,

New York City,

Tampa

Chicago.

I don't know if you saw the internal memo that Robert received but it listed Denver as a soft launch market for TD-LTE.  Robert just so happened to be in Denver and was eager to verify that TD-LTE was live there.  Here is the link for the reference.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-sprint-td-lte-25002600mhz-discussion/?p=171765

These were the listed soft launched TD-LTE markets in the memo

Los Angeles,

San Francisco,

Denver,

Seattle,

Miami,

New York City,

Tampa

Chicago.

Somehow I missed that one. That makes more sense now. Thanks.

Does anyone know if Orange County's included in the LA market above? Considering driving up there and giving LTE2500 a shot when my MiFi comes in.

I've placed 2 orders and both have been cancelled.  I called their customer service - worse than Sprint used to be 7 years ago!  They couldn't give me a reason why it was cancelled, other than that it didn't meet certain "criteria" which they weren't allowed to tell me, nor could the order be reinstated.  Hmph.

Let's try again!

Now they don't appear to be free anymore.  This is so confusing.

Wow you're right.  Now it is $260 without contract.  Lucky I got one in before they changed the price. Hopefully they restock the inventory soon to fulfill the current orders.

Does anyone know if Orange County's included in the LA market above? Considering driving up there and giving LTE2500 a shot when my MiFi comes in.

Its hard to tell if Orange County is included in the LA market list.  I know when Clearwire rolled out Wimax in LA, it included Orange County and didn't differentiate the two.  Unfortunately I don't have a hotspot yet to confirm.  Maybe someone in LA can do some LTE 2500 hunting to see if they can pick up B41.

I've placed 2 orders and both have been cancelled.  I called their customer service - worse than Sprint used to be 7 years ago!  They couldn't give me a reason why it was cancelled, other than that it didn't meet certain "criteria" which they weren't allowed to tell me, nor could the order be reinstated.  Hmph.

Let's try again!

Why did you order two?  Most people that order more than 1 unit had their orders cancelled based on the feedback from this thread.  I guess greed doesn't pay off.

Why did you order two?  Most people that order more than 1 unit had their orders cancelled based on the feedback from this thread.  I guess greed doesn't pay off.

I ordered 1, and then it was cancelled, so I tried to place another order.  Guess I should have said I placed 2 separate orders.  Both orders got cancelled