Novatel MiFi 500 (Sprint Tri-Band Hotspot)

I ordered 1, and then it was cancelled, so I tried to place another order.  Guess I should have said I placed 2 separate orders.  Both orders got cancelled

Maybe at a certain point, Wirefly was just cracking down on the number of pending orders it still needs to fulfill once a new shipment of inventory comes in.  That is the only reason I can think of.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looky what just arrived 

Done.

Guys, experimentation for the sake of knowledge is fine.  Heck, we encourage it.  But my spidey sense is tingling here.   At least one of you is probably trying to get "unlimited" LTE data on a tri

Posted Images

Maybe at a certain point, Wirefly was just cracking down on the number of pending orders it still needs to fulfill once a new shipment of inventory comes in.  That is the only reason I can think of.

Maybe it'll end up being free again... we can only hope!

Did anyone manage to get more than one?

Well, I'm now approved, awaiting inventory, we'll see if I get cancelled in the next 24hrs

Just got this...

Dear jefbal99,

Thank you for shopping with Wirefly.com.

Response to our offer on the MiFi 500 LTE by Novatel Wireless this week was so great that we have depleted our inventory. Please don’t worry though, we have a shipment already en route to us. We just wanted to send you a courtesy email to let you know why your phone hasn’t shipped yet.

We know that you are anxious to get your new phone, but unfortunately we can’t tell you exactly when your MiFi 500 LTE by Novatel Wireless will ship. We receive deliveries several times each day and are turning the phones around and shipping them to customers immediately. We are in regular contact with No Carrier and are confident we’ll be shipping your phone soon.

We can tell you that:

Your price is protected – what you ordered is what you will pay regardless of whether the price increases

Your phone is reserved – you will receive a phone from the first shipment we receive

Your promotions will be honored – any promotions included as part of your order will be fulfilled when your order ships

We will ship it immediately – as soon as we receive the shipment, we will prioritize your shipment and process it immediately. Once it has been packed, we will send you an email and update our Customer Support Customer Support site with the FedEx tracking number as soon as it is ready to ship

We are normally pretty good at predicting our inventory but the demand for the MiFi 500 LTE by Novatel Wireless even surprised us.

Thanks again for shopping with us. Your phone will be on its way to you soon.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Wirefly.com

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just got this...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I just got the same email. Hopefully it's a guarantee that our orders will ship when they get more stock in.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Just found the same deal at TMI Wireless: http://www.cellstores.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=18070_510cd9e2d23944d1b6b7bd7994bacc96

Ironically the site looks identical to Wirefly, and they even use the same "whereismyorder.com".  Hm...interesting.

I decided to order on the phone.  The rep had to double check and could not believe it was being offered for free.  I agreed!  Guess I won't get too excited yet, though...I'm still on the phone as we speak.

Just found the same deal at TMI Wireless: http://www.cellstores.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=18070_510cd9e2d23944d1b6b7bd7994bacc96

Ironically the site looks identical to Wirefly, and they even use the same "whereismyorder.com".  Hm...interesting.

I decided to order on the phone.  The rep had to double check and could not believe it was being offered for free.  I agreed!  Guess I won't get too excited yet, though...I'm still on the phone as we speak.

Heh. You're making me consider buying a second one. I don't want to ruin it for other people though.

I wonder if those who have been getting orders shipped already had a hot spot plan on sprint and they were cancelling any orders that did not already have an active sprint hotspot.

I wonder if those who have been getting orders shipped already had a hot spot plan on sprint and they were cancelling any orders that did not already have an active sprint hotspot.

Mine is coming tomorrow and I have no active hotspot lines yet.

Hm, interesting question!  They are calling it a "replacement device" though...so it didn't sound like they cared or not.

But, I don't know how they would know that.  I didn't give them any type of Sprint number or account number, nor is my name the same as the name on our Sprint account.  The credit card I used isn't on file with Sprint, either.

So is this legit?

So is this legit?

Well seems to be just a different brand of wirefly. But they only seem to allow next day shipping (for 9.99).

I ordered 1 via the website, and I called in a 2nd order via phone. Both are still showing in the validation stage though, unfortunately I expect both to be cancelled in the morning.

• Like 1

Well seems to be just a different brand of wirefly. But they only seem to allow next day shipping (for 9.99).

I ordered 1 via the website, and I called in a 2nd order via phone. Both are still showing in the validation stage though, unfortunately I expect both to be cancelled in the morning.

I went ahead and ordered

Did we not already branch this hotspot discussion off from the TD-LTE 2600 thread?  Now, the Wirefly MiFi talk seems to have taken over completely.  Do we need to create another specialized thread?  If so, I am going to call it "The Wirefly soup kitchen handout line for free MiFis discussion thread."

AJ

• Like 2

Did we not already branch this hotspot discussion off from the TD-LTE 2600 thread?  Now, the Wirefly MiFi talk seems to have taken over completely.  Do we need to create another specialized thread?  If so, I am going to call it "The Wirefly soup kitchen handout line for free MiFis discussion thread."

AJ

I thought that is what this thread already was based on the first post?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4306-sprint-tri-band-hotspot-discussions/&do=findComment&comment=173387

AJ

The title should be more appropriate now.

I thought that is what this thread already was based on the first post?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4306-sprint-tri-band-hotspot-discussions/&do=findComment&comment=173387

The title should be more appropriate now.

My point of contention is that I would rather not see S4GRU tread down the Slickdeals path.  Overall, S4GRU is supposed to be focused on wireless network discussion.  And this thread was originally intended for all tri band mobile hotspot analysis, not just on how to get a Novatel MiFi for free.

So, any deal threads should probably be kept separate, then closed once the deal evaporates.

AJ

• Like 1

This time they sent me the Sprint terms and conditions. I didn't get that before.

I hope that's a good sign.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Classic pricing error. Now they are fixing the error. Good deal for those of us who got one though. Hopefully they will not cancel those of you who got the waiting on inventory email.