Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

There is a 4G/3G tower around 44 and the turnpike

That makes sense. So the tower is by 44 and 303. Also getting LTE in stow and Kent. Do you know where those towers are?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any chance you are picking up the ravenna tower instead?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Idk how strong a tower is. I think you could pick up the Ravenna tower by 44 and 303 but not all the way in Kent

Idk how strong a tower is. I think you could pick up the Ravenna tower by 44 and 303 but not all the way in Kent

Looking at sensorly maps, the purple gets weaker the farther away you get from the ravenna location. Take a 10 mile circle and you could get to the edge of stow.

Looking at sensorly maps, the purple gets weaker the farther away you get from the ravenna location. Take a 10 mile circle and you could get to the edge of stow.

Yea I mapped that out. In Kent it was spotty but I could only get a weak signal around the BP in Kent. When I went closer to Ravenna I lost it completely. That's why I wonder if there is a other tower in testing and they have it really weak. Also in Stow on 59 I picked up a signal but only for about 1/4 a mile

Yea I mapped that out. In Kent it was spotty but I could only get a weak signal around the BP in Kent. When I went closer to Ravenna I lost it completely. That's why I wonder if there is a other tower in testing and they have it really weak. Also in Stow on 59 I picked up a signal but only for about 1/4 a mile

Did you map the purple around stow high school?

Yea I did all of the stow purple spots

There is a tower next to the bus garage in stow. Hopefully they are testing it and have a week signal coming from it.

The hilly terrain between kent and ravenna could cause you to lose signal there. Wonder if it is anygood by walmart on 59.

There is a tower next to the bus garage in stow. Hopefully they are testing it and have a week signal coming from it.

The hilly terrain between kent and ravenna could cause you to lose signal there. Wonder if it is anygood by walmart on 59.

I was hoping that was the signal it was coming from. But the Walmart in Kent on 59?

I was hoping that was the signal it was coming from. But the Walmart in Kent on 59?

Since the walmart on 59 between kent and ravenna is on a hill, was wondering if a signal could be found there.

Since the walmart on 59 between kent and ravenna is on a hill, was wondering if a signal could be found there.

I'm not 100 percent sure. That's a good question. I had weak signal by KSU then it kept getting weaker when I went down 59 then I completely lost it. I drove to KSU's golf course and still had nothing so I turned around

Maybe the signal was coming from another tower instead of the Ravenna tower then. Lets just hope so.

I'm hoping so but now you have me questioning it! Haha. I hope there is a tower in Kent, and another tower being worked on in Stow. Let's pray!

• Like 1

Happy holidays. On my way to the Perry/Madison area I snagged LTE in Parkman and also in middle field. It was solid strong LTE for awhile. Sucks that the Amish won't ever use it!

• Like 1

Happy holidays. On my way to the Perry/Madison area I snagged LTE in Parkman and also in middle field. It was solid strong LTE for awhile. Sucks that the Amish won't ever use it!

Merry Christmas to all of you out there as well. Mrick: as a Christmas present I think I need to make a donation on your behalf to become a sponsor - you've already found a good chunk of the LTE accepted sites just by chance. You'd be blown away with the info S4GRU provides!

EDIT - I just sent in a $10 donation for you - Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

Merry Christmas to all of you out there as well. Mrick: as a Christmas present I think I need to make a donation on your behalf to become a sponsor - you've already found a good chunk of the LTE accepted sites just by chance. You'd be blown away with the info S4GRU provides!

EDIT - I just sent in a $10 donation for you - Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Thank you very much. I love finding new markets and providing people with new areas that are LTE. What do I have to do to do to become a sponsor?

Again I can't thank you enough for that.

Merry Christmas! Thank you very much. I love finding new markets and providing people with new areas that are LTE. What do I have to do to do to become a sponsor?

Again I can't thank you enough for that.

I PM'd Robert to put the sponsor to your name - he should PM you when it's gone through. It may be a little delayed given the timing but it usually happens pretty quickly.

I PM'd Robert to put the sponsor to your name - he should PM you when it's gone through. It may be a little delayed given the timing but it usually happens pretty quickly.

Sounds good! Thank you!

So after being at a Sprint store, a knowledgeable rep said for the Cleveland market, upgrades are starting at the edge and moving in towards Cleveland itself. And by the looks of the maps in the sponsor forums, it appears to be that way. Anyways, he also said that sprint is planning to have a lot of LTE sites live by March, I really do hope this is the case as they've been saying a lot of things. Additionally, the rep said that they're already trying to get back haul upgrades done. Well, I just wanted to share this knowledge with everyone, and I hope it's not a repeat of someone else.

• Like 1

So after being at a Sprint store, a knowledgeable rep said for the Cleveland market, upgrades are starting at the edge and moving in towards Cleveland itself. And by the looks of the maps in the sponsor forums, it appears to be that way. Anyways, he also said that sprint is planning to have a lot of LTE sites live by March, I really do hope this case as they've been saying a lot of things. Additionally, the rep said that they're already trying to get back haul upgrades done. Well, I just wanted to share this knowledge with everyone, and I hope it's not a repeat of someone else.

Well that sucks for me.  I'm literally in the center of Cuyahoga County.  I notice everyone around west, east, south are getting LTE.  Like 2 miles south of 77 and 480 intersection.  

On another random note there's an app I want people to be aware about called FCC Speed Test.  It's designed to be smart and find true speeds in areas for each carrier so that the FCC has a better idea.  It runs in the background every few days and it's interesting to note how my last 2 speed tests were just terrible on 77.  1 test with 3G had the download fail completely.  The other test had 500 kbps but interestingly 40% packet loss.  As much as I believe in sprint, it really does let you down with horrifying speeds unless you have LTE, but then again depends on location.  Voice is overall pretty good though so.  

On another note, there's rumors Softbank might buy T-Mobile, that's big, and while it could help them out, I think it'll end up being too messy with all the various spectrum gsm/cdma etc.. 

Edited by Copticwalad

I travel between Youngstown and Twinsburg to work everyday noticed 4G between the Mantua and Streetsboro exits on the turnpike. I mapped it a week ago but have since noticed the area has slightly expanded along route 303. I talked to a Sprint rep last week and was told that the Canfield / Austintown area is supposed to be turned on by 1/1/14 (so we will see).

• Like 1

I travel between Youngstown and Twinsburg to work everyday noticed 4G between the Mantua and Streetsboro exits on the turnpike. I mapped it a week ago but have since noticed the area has slightly expanded along route 303. I talked to a Sprint rep last week and was told that the Canfield / Austintown area is supposed to be turned on by 1/1/14 (so we will see).

Yea I mapped that tower in mantua too and down 303 also. They finally turned that tower up.

• Like 1

Yea I mapped that tower in mantua too and down 303 also. They finally turned that tower up.

It helps running Waze as I am driving, that has been the easiest way for me to see if 4G is live or not.